Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Nitro trailers

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Darerd 15 years ago
  my idea is that you can make the enemies focus on a few points, and less on you, reasons:
#1; as you say, they change what they do whatever you do. that can make them really stupid.
#2; setting points would be a strategie to confuse the player, such as roadblocks, not taking a shortcut, etc..
#3; it would make levels more intresting, challenging, and ramming someone off course could make a HUGE difference

but its your choice 'cause I'm sure it will be hard to program that, so thx for hearing my idea!
jp 15 years ago
  Not that much. I've stopped to develop the site features (forum, profile page etc...)
And now I have another game in mind I would like to make first.
lineplus 15 years ago
  The project advance happens ? :)
jp 15 years ago
  As a non native english speaker, it's always a pain to find the right title.
"Trailer racers" sounds better, thx!
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Looks good as always, jp!

Although, I'm not completely sure I like your game title, it just doesn't seem to roll off the tongue in the way I'd hope it would. Also, "trailers" could be misinterpreted to mean "movie trailers," as in, a trailer for "Nitro" (which I don't know if that's an actually movie, but it sure sounds like one!)

"Trailer Racers" maybe? It's got a nice sort of rhyme to it...
minmay 15 years ago
  Hmm...yes, forks would be very tough to code AI for. I'd recommend you try, because they would really add some variety, but if you can't code it, then go ahead and stick with single paths.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  I thought about that, and it would really clog up the screen and make the game run slower if you added all the ghost enemies, but it does add to the challenge and competition of the games.

Will the be a way to make more points apart from doing the race quicker?
You could do tricks like spins and powerslides etcetera.
jp 15 years ago
  @minmay, I hadn't planned different forks. Sure it's a good idea but very difficult for the AI.

@geckojsc, for the ghost replay, I'm not sure, because I would need also to display the ghost opponents as for each race, the oppponents reacts differently according to your ow moves.
Zakko600 15 years ago
  Maybe you can switch cars in the levels. Like a brown car, a red car and a yellow.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  i love race games!
and i hope it has stunts!
like missing piece , jump paddle , loop etc
geckojsc 15 years ago
  And don't forget the ghost replays! I love racing the ghost rider in Jump Gear!
minmay 15 years ago
  I think that powerups would be a good idea. But instead of being activated instantly, you should be able to store them and use them when the time is right by pressing the spacebar. So, for instance, you might pick up a speed boost, but you don't want to use it right away because you're in a very difficult area that you need to take slowly. Once you pass that area and are on a long, straight run free of hazards, you press the space bar to use your speed boost and zoom across it.

Because of the competition for high scores, the powerups should of course NOT be random, so the level designer needs to place them in strategic places in the level.

More suggestions:
-Make sure you add support for forks in the road (multiple paths). You could take one fork, which would be faster but more difficult, or you could take the other fork, which would be slower but easier. This will allow for some interesting level designs.
-Different terrains, if you hadn't planned for it already. For example, a race track would allow high traction and speed, grass would allow medium speed and high traction, and mud would make your car very slow and difficult to control.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  You could choose from different themes when you create your level, like a race track, or a forest, or a desert!
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Oh, it's cars with trailers! At first i thought it was 3 big vehicles getting chased by 3 police cars ...
Looks good!
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Wow, a racing game will be brilliant!
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  A description of the game?
Zakko600 15 years ago
  Maybe fire on the road?
jp 15 years ago
  Some screenhots about the game I'm working on, "Nitro trailers" (this title can change).

It's already possible to draw the track, the AI for the opponents is ready. Now maybe I need to add some hazrads like water and oil on the road.
Maybe I should also provide several kinds of vehicules/trailers and allow to set the number of opponents.

Suggestions are welcome.

Nitro trailers title

Nitro trailers capture

[1]

Flash game development

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Some screenhots about the game I'm working on, "Nitro trailers" (this title can change).

It's already possible to draw the track, the AI for the opponents is ready. Now maybe I need to add some hazrads like water and oil on the road.
Maybe I should also provide several kinds of vehicules/trailers and allow to set the number of opponents.

Suggestions are welcome.

Nitro trailers title

Nitro trailers capture
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg