Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Good Flash Tutorials?

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

BonusLeveLover 11 years ago
  Thanks guys! Without you, I'd probably be confused by all the flash terminology!
SimonM 11 years ago
  BL uses AS2 and AS3, but it's better to learn AS3, because it's a newer version. You could try googling flashdevelop, which is a program which makes a .swf file from code. A .swf file is a file that bl uses. You could try to do some googling with tutorials and flashdevelop.
edit: I just saw Treazer gave that info too.
Treazer 11 years ago
  BL uses AS2 and AS3, but I suggest using AS3, because it's the newer version, I suggest using FlashDevelop, it's free and pretty good! :)
manufan 11 years ago
  CS6 is a paid program which costs about £130 (The Student Edition I've got [unlucky souls have to pay the full cost of £499]). CS6 does use both AS2 and AS3, though iOS and Android Templates are compatible with AS3 only.
  Thank you! Also, does BL use 2.0 or 3.0? If 2.0, could anybody direct me towards a tutorial for it? In addition, is CS6 in 2.0 the same as Flash 8? Lastly, if it isn't could somebody direct me towards a Flash 8 download link and tutorial?
SimonM 11 years ago
  AS6 doesn't exist, you probably mean CS6. CS6 uses actionscript 3 as language. Flash 8 uses actionscript 2 as language.
  What's the difference with AS6 and Flash 8? All I can find is AS6, so links for Flash 8 would be appreciated.
  Thank you!
alanliu12121 11 years ago
  Here
  Could you provide a link for the downloads? I can't seem to find them.
  Ok, thanks! :D (btw, when (ie, if) I learn how, and I've made a game or two with it, I think I will probably make a BL game)
manufan 11 years ago
  Oh... just do what I said earlier then - you're looking for Actionscript 2.0
  What do you mean, manu? I do the work at home, and I chose the project, so all my teacher did was approve it.
SuperMario 11 years ago
  I need to know flash tutorials too :S
manufan 11 years ago
  BLLover, you need to know from your teacher XD
  @ manufan, how do I find out? Or is it something to download?
@ Simon, thanks, looks especially useful once I know the basics, esp. since it tells for specific kinds of games. :)
manufan 11 years ago
  Okay, just a final pointer - are you using Actionscript 3.0 or 2.0? :)
  Thank you! :D
As for details on the project, at my school, we get to make up a project, get it approved, and work on it- for example, my last project was to make a level for a certain game that had lots of scripts. Basically, I feel that I'll have succeeded once I have made a working flash game.
manufan 11 years ago
  To start off, what does your teacher mean by "Learn Flash"? Did he indicate a number (2 or 3?) Your best bet would be to download Flash 8, from a site like soft32 or softonic.com for free (search Flash 8 free download). Once you've done that, there's a tutorial topic on the site for making games - not sure if that will help or not.

If you can give me any more details your teacher gave, it would be very helpful in finding a solution to your problem. :)
  Anybody know any good Flash tutorials? For school, my assignment is, "Learn Flash," but I don't know where to start! Also, what program(s) do I have to download? Lastly, please don't rant telling how hard it is to make flash games, I am aware of the difficulty and am willing to dedicate hundreds of hours into learning flash.

[1]

Flash game development

First post of the topic

Anybody know any good Flash tutorials? For school, my assignment is, "Learn Flash," but I don't know where to start! Also, what program(s) do I have to download? Lastly, please don't rant telling how hard it is to make flash games, I am aware of the difficulty and am willing to dedicate hundreds of hours into learning flash.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg