Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "BLockoban"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

chris3000 4 years ago
  Why are you trying to start trouble at BL?
Dynamo 4 years ago
  There have been many levels in Blockoban with that particular concept chris, it's not very original. Plus I think the level is quite unnecessarily big for what the challenge is, it could be reduced to make a more compact level with a similar challenge and maybe add another aspect to it to make it a little more challenging.

Edit: gis beat me to it but summed it up perfectly.
gameinsky 4 years ago
  If the level was rejected before, you do no re-accept it. Especially not if you don't change the level.
If there is no explanation as to why it's rejected, then the level is considered unsalvageable and should never be reaccepted, unless you make it into a completely new level.

If you are wondering why this specific level was rejected though:

- it's way too big for what it is
- there is absolutely no challenge
- it does not feel like a blockoban level

You can just move the icy block without even pushing it using the others, accross the sticky patches.

Also, OMG did give a reason and you should respect that.
chris3000 4 years ago
  Elizea, why did you reject my Push Yellow level? Well oldmtnguy rejected it too. He wouldn't give me a reason why.
chris3000 4 years ago
  Hey guys, I'm online on my ps4. I'll be back to evaluate levels as soon as I can. I'm on a strict cooking\eating schedule. I take care of me and my mom. My doctor wants me to take thyroid, calcium and potassium suppliments for life.I almost died in the hospital 3 weeks ago. I had a spasm and my nerves were paralyzed.
chris3000 4 years ago
  Well, I evaluated some more levels, today is my second day technically. I want to be fair to others so I won't make too many levels until others have a chance to make theirs, I'm trying to learn from oldmtnguy's strategies.

Just please don't pressure me guys, I'll do the best I can. My thumbnail skills are still a little low but I do pretty good with everything else. I still need help on the last officials, I have 20 left.
chris3000 4 years ago
  Hey guys, look last Saturday I finally got my PlayStation 4 delivered to our house, it cost about $400, we got free shipping and I got a 2-year warrenty, when I get another break I'll evaluate/create some more levels.

I knpw I probably won't be the best admin but I try really hard everyday and I truly care about this site, I got a new PlayStation/Sony Account, I signed up an hour ago. Wish me luck! I may need advice here and there on how to be a responsible admin. I'm doing the best I can, it's all I can do to take care of me, my mom, and grandpa, and aunt/uncle everyday. I cook, do chores everyday, just thankfully my mom is going to help me out so I can have more free time on here/my PlayStation 4.
gameinsky 4 years ago
  I think you misunderstand, I did not restrict anything. I said any level below a certain amount of moves and with few enough blocks is usually ok when possible. If they require more moves or have more blocks then it's up to the mod to decide.
Also, this is not a 'restriction' that comes from me, all of the previous blockoban mods had some form of this. The numbers are different, but I was just giving an example.
(I also did not give chris concrete numbers either, so this was all up to his discretion)

There is a reason I don't evaluate levels on this game despite having the power to. My judgement is not good enough and I understand that.

Preferably the new mod would have been someone who is both really good at the game and active, but Chris was the only one who applied for the position so he became the new one.
gameinsky 4 years ago
  I ask to have a bit of patience with Chris, as he's not as good as everyone else at the game and also has never had this level of responsibility before.
Elizea & I will try to keep an eye on what he does but obviously we won't catch everything.

I'm not asking to never point out anything wrong Chris does, because that is definately helpful, but I do ask to remember he's not used to this, I had a rocky start as well.

I have made the 3 levels to be edited for now, to force him to react.
I also agree that levels should not be asked to be made easier, just that the categories reflect the difficulty.

I did ask him to not accept boring levels that require hundreds and hundreds of moves without thinking but anything under 150 moves and/or with less than 20-30 blocks should be ok. Anything that exceeds those is on mod's discretion imo.
I guess he must have misunderstood my advice as "don't accept difficult levels", which is not what I meant at all.
suhangha 4 years ago
  Thanks, chris3000! you are new admin!
Elizea 4 years ago
  chris3000 is a new admin for Blockoban. Thanks!
suhangha 4 years ago
  Coolguy52 seems to have his condition. Can you ask him directly?
Elizea 4 years ago
  It's been 18 days since I asked if there would be any applicants for being a new admin. I'm happy to announce that...

...there we're 0 responses.

So I ask again, message me if you'd be willing to be an admin for this game and evaluate new levels regularly.
chris3000 4 years ago
  I made my birthday level a week ago, can someone evaluate it? I actually made a few levels a couple weeks ago.
Coolguy52 4 years ago
  I think the general rules apply: be active, be competent, be helpful etc.
Dynamo 4 years ago
  Are there any conditions, like we must be able to beat the levels or something?
Elizea 4 years ago
  Message me if you'd be willing to be admin for this game and evaluate new levels regularly (couple times a week).
SimonM 4 years ago
  You can link it like this: Bees Pack 2 (BLockoban)

[packid = 835] without spaces around the =
suhangha 4 years ago
  Levels like variable calculators are the hardest and best level.
Those FormulaNG Levels, ask hint and receive from someone's inbox.

Once, those two are the hardest.
chris3000 4 years ago
  Can anyone give me some tips/hints on the last 20 officials I have left. I still haven't mastered them. Archery and Quadruple Transfer are the toughest ones.

And so is Cross Spiral from Gary.
suhangha 4 years ago
  Man-Woman Judgments: (smallest but picture is bit big)
greyanna 4 years ago

@chris As you maybe know: oldmtnguy has a tragic disease and as lmr told us 5 months ago: Omg can no longer use a computer. That is soo sad.
chris3000 4 years ago
  What happened to oldmtnguy? He hasn't been on in a year, he must be really busy nowadays.
gameinsky 4 years ago
  I think he's asking a specific Yggdrasill4 level to be made official at position 96.
I'd be fine giving Blockoban its 250th official, but it would need to be a level the community agrees with.
suhangha 4 years ago
  To be new official at level 96. with ultimate level.

Game in sky, do you agree?
suhangha 4 years ago
  Yggdrasill4's level?
greyanna 4 years ago
  My opinion:

we should tribute Oldmtnguy with the 250 official. Maybe Simon or lmr could design it cause Simon's are the favorite type of OMG and i guess lmr stays closed to him.
chris3000 4 years ago
  So, what should be our 250th official?

I cannot believe I'm still have the same 20 official levels left to finish. I really need some help/hints. Quad Transfer and Archery are the toughest to me, and Gary's Cross Spiral.

Any advice would be helpful.
pig 4 years ago
  I am not a native speaker, but I assume that both the first and a last one are correct. But if they are not correct, we can still understand what are you trying to say. I hope I helped.

Games forum

Play Game "BLockoban"

First post of the topic

jp 16 years ago
  sound on / off added (burfy's feedback).
16 official levels now. All levels are great. I must say I'm a big fan of Psychotronic's levels (thx Psycho). When a level is "only" accepted, it doesn't mean it will not be official one day, it's just I'm not sure for now.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg