Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Moonlights"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Shiro 15 years ago
  Can I also be a tester :)?
MooKings 15 years ago
  So..can I also be a tester?
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  Can i be a tester?
gundu 15 years ago
  Nice Thumbnail ;)
jp 15 years ago
  Can you log out / log in ? (it was a bug).
doomlord 15 years ago
  Uh... It says I'm a new member...

I joined in september.

And not only that, but I haven't uploaded any levels today.
jp 15 years ago
  @gecko, could it be related to this problem Bad Ice (Moonlights) ? I uploaded a new version of the game, more robust, mayeb it has corrected the bug you are rporting. BNevertheless, I will try to reproduce it.

[edit] I also have strange things with the level saving, sometimes it doesn't save the socre...
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Glitch:
On Asteroids Avoider, I got to the moon, then slipped off just as all the lines turned white. They didn't explode like they should, but they were left glowing white, and I couldn't add any more to the tower. My score didn't save...
jp 15 years ago
  I just added the implementation of the scores (based on your number of moves) and of the remaining nodes.
When you destroy nodes, you can use them elsewhere.

[edit]
Scrolling implemented.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Wow, that's a nice introduction!!!

I have some good ideas for levels with a limited number of nodes, like one where you build a tower, and have to destroy it to win, and one where you have to crawl along the ground, deleting nodes as you go along...

You could also have options to make it so that
a: You can't beat the level if you are over the node limit, but you can still build your structure, you just have to get rid of nodes when you get to the end to win.

b: When you reach the node limit, you can't add any more nodes until you get rid of some nodes.

c: The same as B, but you can't delete nodes...
jp 15 years ago
  @gecko, yep, it's not implemented yet, and I 'm not sure it is worth to do so yet.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  What does the 'Max Nodes' option do? is it the maximum number of dots on your structure? If so, it doesn't seem to work for me...
ilikerollingturtle 15 years ago
  Can't wait until i can play!
gundu 15 years ago
  I've found it really cool and I really love the click&drag to change the orb size (like captain_404 said) but when you take a thumbnail of the particles, they explose!

[edit jp : the thumbnail problem is corrected now]
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Very nice, the particles are a nice touch, it's all very peaceful. I must say, I really do love the more simplistic graphics, they're a nice departure from your usual style :)

I like the decision to go with a click&drag set up for changing the orb size rather than a number-based one. Perhaps there could even be a hotkey set to be used to change the size of a moon while placing it. (onMouseDown would place the moon, then if the key is down, it would alter the size until mouseUp) Perhaps the use a hotkey isn't even need for this, maybe if the user holds down the mouse instead of just clicking it could resize it.

Great job so far, can't wait to see this with sound and such!
jp 15 years ago
  Yes you can add some levels. It needs some easy levels you're right.
gundu 15 years ago
  JP@ ok, i was thinking you have only to touch the moon

but i tested it on the level editor and i've remarked you have to stay on it a couple of seconde :D

Can we do some levels now or we have to wait a little?
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Wow!!! That's absolutely brilliant!
It really needs some easier levels for the beginning though, because the second level is very hard, and I was struggling a lot on the first. (I'll probably get used to it, but for a complete beginner it will be really hard)
gundu 15 years ago
  Really nice! but just for know, the first level is possible ?
[edit jp] thx, yes it is (lvl 2 now).
jp 15 years ago
  Corbon Copy message for Moonlights first testings.

- The levels don't send score for now
- The scrolling area is not implemented in the game engine.
- The max nb of authorized nodes is not implemented netiher.
- I don't plan to add curves like in RT/HP/JG2. But why not later.
- I need to use a pseudo random method for the wind because in some cases it can ruin the level

The game is not ready yet that's why I didn't added all testers yet.

Carbon Copy : gundu THeNiNJa geckojsc Captain_404
Gogos 15 years ago
  can i a tester plz?
lineplus 15 years ago
  Cool, yet another game on BL :D
ilikerollingturtle 15 years ago
  Can I be a tester too?(When its ready)
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Ok, so the BL version is a proper game, while the 4K version is just a taster.
jp 15 years ago
  There is only 3 levels on the 4K game, basic graphics, the physics engine is quite simple, there is no score, no texts, no sounds :) .
geckojsc 15 years ago
  World of Goo!? How is that going to be under 4 kb?!
I haven't actually played World of Goo, but isn't it meant to be absolutely amazing?
Im 15 years ago
  Can I be tester to(when it's ready to be tested:)?
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Wow, that makes it even more interesting!
I can't wait to see what this game looks like. ^^
jp 15 years ago
  The gameplay looks like World of Goo :)
gundu 15 years ago
  Can i be a tester when the time will come ?

Games forum

Play Game "Moonlights"

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  I'm working on a game for the 4K Flash game competition (not a lot of money to earn but sounds like a very fun competition). I plan to submit here a full version of the game soon here.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg