Play the games, create the levels

Topic, New EXP attribution policy for ratings

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 15 years ago
  You could add a cookie to track who goes on their link so that one of their friends doesnt constantly click the link.

Edit: For the detect bad rating thing make it check wether they played the level.
jp 15 years ago
  Some send me PM to ask why they lost EXP points. This new policy for EXP points by votes will impact all members, so don't be surprised if you loose EXP points.
Jim674 15 years ago
  Thanks JP. It's a bit unfair to those who rated well, but I can understand why you did this.
No one likes bad raters or cheaters.
jp 15 years ago
  As AdrianPeterson28 took advantage of the system by rating about 2500 levels and getting as many EXP points, I had to change the EXP points for ratings

until 100 ratings >> 1 EXP
after 100 >> 0.1 EXP
after 1000 >> 0.01 EXP (almost nothing...)

Note that this is not a good behaviour to rate levels like this without playing them. Adrian can't rate anymore on any level now. As soon as the feature is implemented, all his ratings will be removed.

Note that there is a also a feature to detect bad raters. It's not yet perfect as it didn't detect this one but it will improve.

[1]

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  As AdrianPeterson28 took advantage of the system by rating about 2500 levels and getting as many EXP points, I had to change the EXP points for ratings

until 100 ratings >> 1 EXP
after 100 >> 0.1 EXP
after 1000 >> 0.01 EXP (almost nothing...)

Note that this is not a good behaviour to rate levels like this without playing them. Adrian can't rate anymore on any level now. As soon as the feature is implemented, all his ratings will be removed.

Note that there is a also a feature to detect bad raters. It's not yet perfect as it didn't detect this one but it will improve.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg