Play the games, create the levels

Topic, 5 Point System to: Reject / Edit / Accept / Earn a Slide / Official

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 14 years ago
  oh_bebe LOL! (the end)
oh_bebe 14 years ago
  I agree with Ninja about the voting for official levels.. Some people vote for levels to be official that I don't even think should have been accepted!! :P

And I also agree with him that the standards of accepting levels should be higher now. (For one example, a level that I would have once told someone to make a lot neater, plus other suggestions I will just reject. Because most of the time it gets edited and is not any better.)
SuperDog 14 years ago
  That was a suggestion XD
THeNiNJa 14 years ago
  Not everyone knows what levels are good enough to be official, and vote for levels that are not qualified...
And a certain difficulty should definently not add a point.
I still think the first system is the best.
SuperDog 14 years ago
  What about
1 pt. Neat
1 pt. Detailed
1 pt. Fun
1 pt. Original
1 pt. Good lenght
1 pt. At least 5 votes for official
1 pt. At least 10 votes for official
1 pt. Hard

0, 1, 2 - Reject
3, 4 - Edit
5 - Accept
6 - Accept / Possibly Earn a Slide / Possibly Official
7 - Official
8 - Official / Possibly on the homepage
Hexicube 14 years ago
  What About:
0-12: Reject
13-18: Edit
19-24: Accept
25: Accept/Slide/Official
THeNiNJa 14 years ago
  oh_bebe and I just think that we need to raise our standards here at BL. Too many poor levels are getting accepted nowadays.
gameinsky 14 years ago
  or it could be editable :-)
Jac1 14 years ago
  And if a level is very neat and very original, but not detailed, fun, and has a bad length , then it should not be rejected.
jp 14 years ago
  It's a nice idea. But this must stay a helping system, because it will not work on every situation.
For example a level can be 4/5, but there is a small thing to correct (like not enough checkpoints, or a problem with a checkpoint and paths). In this case you will use "to edit" before accepting it. But the rating will help you to decide I agree.

Don't forget that only admins can comment on unaccepted levels. If you want to request the help of all members on a level, you have to make the first post on this level.
Jac1 14 years ago
  Was that supposed to be funny?

Anyway, that's a good idea!
Treazer 14 years ago
  Its a Neat idea!
gameinsky 14 years ago
  what a good idea , but the most levels i get aren't messy xp so i almost accept evry level.
DragonPower 14 years ago
  Yeah...but Admin is more serious then most of the players in BL...you know...xP
1jase 14 years ago
  that is also a good way to rate levels!
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Good point, but is is a bit more effective, if they have notepad handy...!
oh_bebe 14 years ago
  why not just have 1 point each and keep it very simple?
it is just for the admins to use in their head anyway, not to actually rate online
Hexicube 14 years ago
  What about mine?
DragonPower 14 years ago
  i like Oh_bebe's idea...xD
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I think it's good, but what about out of 5 and scores mean:
0-10 Reject
11-15 Edit
16-23 Accept
24 or 25 Accept/Slide/Official
oh_bebe 14 years ago
  Here is an idea to help admins decide how to evaluate a level when they cannot decide between Reject / Edit / Accept.

This is a 5 Point System:

1 pt. Neat
1 pt. Detailed
1 pt. Fun
1 pt. Original
1 pt. Good length

2/5 or less = Reject
3/5 = Edit
4/5 = Accept
5/5 = Accept / Possibly Earn a Slide / Possibly Official

This system could be just used mentally by the admins.. I don't think it needs to be on the website. Just thought maybe it would help for those in-between kind of levels.

[1]

General

First post of the topic

oh_bebe 14 years ago
  Here is an idea to help admins decide how to evaluate a level when they cannot decide between Reject / Edit / Accept.

This is a 5 Point System:

1 pt. Neat
1 pt. Detailed
1 pt. Fun
1 pt. Original
1 pt. Good length

2/5 or less = Reject
3/5 = Edit
4/5 = Accept
5/5 = Accept / Possibly Earn a Slide / Possibly Official

This system could be just used mentally by the admins.. I don't think it needs to be on the website. Just thought maybe it would help for those in-between kind of levels.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg