Play the games, create the levels

Topic, PLEASE HELP! My Local Saved Levels Are Gone!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 14 years ago
  looking at it, i'm not sure anything actually happened...
demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  scores are saved on the bl server, so you cant change them by changing the files on your computer. Only stuff like levels and other simple stuff are on your computer .
Hexicube 14 years ago
  ah right that explains it...I tried setting it to 25 but nothing happened...
I am so getting banned or something...
  i think dragon power was a tester when he was trying to make a game.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I can get JP to verify that updateCompLevel(lvlid,somevar,score) has something to do with it but that's as far as I can seem to get...
[edit] If this worked HELLO TONY & WOUTER (BL API Demo) should have me with a score of 0 as a demonstration...
[re-edit] not quite perfect but JP I think I gave dragonpower a score of 1 on that level and he is not a tester :S (I wonder why it chose dragonpower?)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  should be somewhat obvious...especially if it organizes them like mine does...
[edit] if you really wanted to edit stuff you would need to be able to upload it to the server directly and the tools to edit it, to edit it you need to be able to generate identically formatted code using flash, being able to do this should allow you to work out how to upload it if you have access to JP's code, which is done by extracting the swf from BL and decompiling it...
gamelover101 14 years ago
  You can delete them from the game!!!

I don't know which is which actually, all I know is flash cookies are there
Im 14 years ago
  Ah! So now I can delete no longer needed levels. :)

SPOILER
murtaza64 14 years ago
  Cool!? WHereisit!!!!!
  I found where it is on Windows XP!!
jp 14 years ago
  @demonicyoshi, acutually, I don't know the name of the files. I'm using sharedobjects, a feature of Flash. Flash is saving the data somewhere in teh system files, but the programmer doesn't know where.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  right now after some hilarious events on msn this only makes me think of XD
I find out where it saves...
murtaza64 14 years ago
  Or jp could make the local levels save to server and not be able to evaluate...
  i would still like to know the files they get saved on, so in the future i can put them on a USB drive if posable.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I've noticed once you upload a level you can't local save it anymore...
jp 14 years ago
  I'm afraid you will not be able to recover. The best way to avoid this is to upload to the sever with the title "UNFINSIHED". Administrators will not evaluate until you change the title to the correct title.
SuperDog 14 years ago
  Happened to me on RT
lololol 14 years ago
  They are saved on YOUR computer. if they are gone, They can't get recovered. iv'e tried it 2 times now.
  Eh, that never happened to me

There was some system garbage cleaner that allowed us to clear flash cookies, but I NEVER selected that option

dont think you can recover them now :(
Ahroo 14 years ago
  nawz, it wasn't your dad's fault. anti-virus programs find crappy excuses for saying 'there's a virus threat!'. Therein lies your answer.
  my dad thinks he might of acidentally deleated it when our Anti-Virus program found a major security risk.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  then your cookie has mysteriously dissapeared...
  no i have all my online levels
Hexicube 14 years ago
  any online saves gone?
  i just checked and the stuff like local-saved scores for online games are gone too...
Hexicube 14 years ago
  only local levels?
  you shouldve backed up your flash cookies
  I checxked and my levels in every game were gone =(
allyally 14 years ago
  This happened to me too! But only my JG2 lvls were gone!

[1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

JP- I would like to know the name that the Local -save levels get saved as and any aditional information.
And is there any-thing you can think of to recover them?
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg