Play the games, create the levels

Topic, what's all this now?

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 14 years ago
  Exactly. xD
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Ah, right; bussiness is bussiness.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Because, GIS, people who are paying want a GOOD game, even if they only payed $0.99 or $0.00... xD
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Looks cool :)
(why does the iphone version always look better than the flash ones ??)
Captain_404 14 years ago
  Thanks jp, much appreciated!

I was actually planning on making the level design easier, and more focused on visually interesting to puzzling levels than hard levels. Your advice is all the more incentive to go in that direction!

boing!

spriiiings!
jp 14 years ago
  @Captain, the original concept of push is something very valuable on the app store, you'll get initial buzz and press coverage for sure.

Now after the launch, you have to keep the players playing the game and telling about it to their friends.

Smooth controls and easy levels will be the key in my opinion.

If you can't find THE perfect controls, implement 2 or 3 controls and an option menu to select.

Most of the players on the iPhone, don't like hard games. Provide many very easy levels, even if you feel they are too easy. Hard levels for hard core gamers only. The average player on the store is not a hardcore one, it could be your mother or even your grand mother :). Besides the level, do all what you can (controls, gameplay, physics) to make the game easier.

That's my 2 cents :)
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Elizea, If we add Paths it'd basically be RT with extra features and a different skin. xD

Anyways, I'd also love to see 'score enhancers' like the coins in mario or the stars in RT. xD
Elizea 14 years ago
  You gonna add unlimited scrolling? Would be nice to get a bit longer levels too :P

Other thing what I was missing already when Push came out was paths. It gives a lot replay value to the game, as its possible to make a lot more complex levels.

And the score table thing too. As it being puzzle game, you could set scores to be from who uses push-ability shortest time, and not platform racing.

Some new tiles maybe...?
Ahroo 14 years ago
  How about an option in editor to have blocks that the Push character can push? :/
Captain_404 14 years ago
  Not really looking for control suggestions, thanks though. I meant more along the lines of gameplay suggestions and features you'd like to see in the game.
Im 14 years ago
  I get it! The upper image is push!. The lower is push?.
THeNiNJa 14 years ago
  That's an option, yeah.

But it puts some limits into the game for most of the players and thereby also editors.
Elizea 14 years ago
  Or then make totally new levels, yeah?
THeNiNJa 14 years ago
  Well, the movement in most of the levels of Push require precision and it'll be very hard if you control by tilting the iPhone/iPod. But moving left/right and jumping by tilting would be awesome, and you could be able to push with a finger on the screen. That would be best IMO - but of course it would also have some disadvantages.
Elizea 14 years ago
  Some left-right buttons and jump at the lower parts of the screen would be best imo.

About pushing I have no idea, maybe somekind of pause mechanism to the push that it pauses the blocks on the place you leave them after pushing, and then you could move freely. Then again push again(the blocks move to original positions first tho)?
murtaza64 14 years ago
  Tilting could be moving, that leaves jumping. Pushing could be touching but then that becomes a bit hard.
Bruno-heey 14 years ago
  this is good! :D
i wanna see the push with the :O face
>: D
and i like the "dark fire?"
Ahroo 14 years ago
  That "mess up" actually looks quite good to me... :/

Well, I'd love to see new block types, and possibly a new skin for The Push character.
Captain_404 14 years ago
http://ian.janasnyder.com/pushp2.jpg
Oh no!

Still experimenting with controls. For simplicity's sake, the pushing will probably be separated from the moving.

If anyone has suggestions for things they'd like to see in it, this is the time!
SuperDog 14 years ago
  iPad! iPads are new
THeNiNJa 14 years ago
  I hope you make it to the App Store front page ... That would mean more college money. :P
jp 14 years ago
  The screenshot is 480x320 which is the exact size of the iphone iPod touch screen.

But I don't undertand your "it's not a remake". Tell us more about it :).

I'm curious about the kind of controls you used (if we are actually speaking of an iPhone version of Push).
Im 14 years ago
  What? iPhone? Not iPod touch? D:
Elizea 14 years ago
  Gl i tch...? :P

Or then this
Im 14 years ago
  I know! iPod Push! A new iPod!
Elizea 14 years ago
  It's a... It's a... El i zea!
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Iphone push version :)
Im 14 years ago
  No.... iPod touch version? ;)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  probably iPhone version ;)
lololol 14 years ago
  iPhone version?
umm.. iLikeMakingFunWithPeopleMakingThemThinkThisIsANewVersionOfPush? :p

[1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

Captain_404 14 years ago
  push!

push?

WHAT COULD IT MEAN!?!?!?!

;)
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg