Play the games, create the levels

Topic, I'm running out of level ideas!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Treazer 13 years ago
  minimariner try that, but he want just copy the editor and the game from an other website. He should make his own SpaceSHip game. If it comes an new "self-created" game it would be much better than an copyed. And yours gecko would be your own i think, with own maded spaceships and so on.

edit: OMG LOOK HERE:

xd a little joke^^
Shiro 13 years ago
  Hah, sounds awesome :)!
geckojsc 13 years ago
  I think after P4M I might make a space ship game, or some sort of Lights Out based game.
Jac1 13 years ago
  I have this broblen too, but often I just wait for inspiration... You just have to be patient.
Shiro 13 years ago
  Well Elizea, that was exactly what I ment, sorry, I should have been more clear xD!
Elizea 13 years ago
  I don't think it was a joke, as jp is too serious.
Making games is serious business, you know.

For the lowering standards, I don't want to accept levels that are messier, less detailed or anything. Instead originality, which is very hard to achieve these days, could be forgotten from the process, as after all these +2500 JG2 levels it's hard to find an original racing level =]

Of course some originality is a must, but let's still remember the most important. Level is good as long as it's fun to play, no matter how original, neat or detailed it is (of course it's hard to make a fun level without making it original, neat and/or detailed).

[edit] BTW, anyone noticed BB is better than ever? The reason there is few designers, who comment almost each new level (almost always positive comments). This can't be said of any other game. It might be because BB players are usually older than usual BL member. Also we can't just ignore the fact that making a good BB level takes a lot less time than making a good RT/JG2 level.
Shiro 13 years ago
  @Jp, I thought making a new game would take too long, I posted that message when Gecko wasn't working on P4M yet, so I thought there wouldn't be any new games for a while
But before I moved, I had to evaluate like 10 - 20 levels a day, now maybe 1 - 2, sometimes even none at a day. That just makes me sad :(.

And the standard of accepting levels is getting higher and higher since everyones levels are improving, so the less-better levels easly gets rejected.
Sorry if it was a joke, I am autistic and I am not sure if you ment it or not x_X (people with autism don't understand sarcasm well).
If you don't know what autism is, you can read about it here Autism (I know wikipedia can be changed so it tells stupid things, but I've read it and all these things are correct :P).

Wow, if it was just a joke, this message is waaaay too long (O_O)'.
lololol 13 years ago
  XD BROLLING ARE YOU BORED?

sorry, but yeah a sandbox game would not run out of original levels in the nearest future.
minimariner 13 years ago
  I actually agree with gameinsky, but this is a topic about level ideas, not game ideas.
Treazer 13 years ago
  Yes xD Th...the..then we call it: SANDBOX OR NOT?? ALL TAGS OR NOT?? PLATFORMER OR not?? PUZZLE OR NOT?? ALL ABOUT JPS NEW GAME!!

This would be stupid!!! xD

We should stop now i think xD Its spamming a bit (not GIS' message)
lololol 13 years ago
  we should probably use another topic for this.. :P
Treazer 13 years ago
  Yes^^ but that was just a joke. One, two or three tags the game may have. WHo knows?
gameinsky 13 years ago
  JP, if you make a new game, make it SANDBOX game please, whit an infinished scrolling arena and many features, your last one was JG2, you should make a new one!
That could make BL very populair in a short amount of time (release of that game)
lololol 13 years ago
  all-in-one lol XD
Treazer 13 years ago
  YES!!!!!!!!!!! OR MAKE AN NEW PUZZLE GAME!!! BUT PLATFORMER IS BETTER I THINK!! xD we will see what jp will do... maybe with these tags:

Action, Puzzle, Classic, Oldies, Platform, Sports, Racing, Fun, Stress, Point & click, Adventure, Shoot-them-up, Strategy, Words, Brain or Skill^^
lololol 13 years ago
  A new game by everyone is cool :D
Treazer 13 years ago
  Yeah a platformer would be cool!!!! And a new game by jp is COOL TOO!!!
lololol 13 years ago
  well make a platformer then :D:D:D:D
jp 13 years ago
  I'm totally against the suggestion of Shiro about accepting lower quality levels :)

The solution is obviously to add new games. There is hope with Path for mouse, Captain has also a game in mind, and I'm starving to make a new game too.
Treazer 13 years ago
  Why you called for an admin kizzadude?
Shiro 13 years ago
  Ah, mkay, Elizea, do you think we should be a bit easier with level evaluating?
minimariner 13 years ago
  Yes i agree too Shiro.
allyally 13 years ago
  I'll agree to that,
Shiro 13 years ago
  Elizea, I think we should be a bit easier with evaluating since else Bonuslevel.org will fall apart since there'll be a lack of new levels xD
lololol 13 years ago
  well i am working on a hedgehog-challeng-ish level for RT.
I am not making it hard, but its unoriginal though.

try the first levels ever made for a game, and make a new with the same concept, just with BG, no messiness etc. etc.
Elizea 13 years ago
  Quoting Shiro from I'm running out of level ideas!
Yea, Admins should accept some less-better levels to keep the joy in
Any Admin agrees with me?

Quality over quantity. Also as the amount of levels getting official is very low, people might start to be lazy and not make good levels anymore, which will then get bad rated from the players (who have get used to todays standards), which may cause them to feel it's worthless to make levels.

Otherwise, I support you =] But just accepting worse levels isn't a good way to lower the standards.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  adding new features takes less time than making a new game.
And if he makes a new game, I would like a sandbox game with ∞²+9001 possibilities.
minimariner 13 years ago
  Yeah, either new features or a new game with the features will be good :)
Shiro 13 years ago
  I don't think new features would be a good idea.
We just need a new game so we can make more levels ;)!
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Well, not going to push JP or somethings but I think he should add features, extra features.
Then we can create more levels again.

[1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

chris3000 13 years ago
  Hi, i'm starting to run out of ideas for my levels. Help! And i've noticed that I am getting some low level ratings. What's the deal? Are my levels that bad?
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg