Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Contest: Classic or New Voting Type?

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 13 years ago
  Yeah, it makes us all feel more important. Sillius just has a complex. :P
Magic_X 13 years ago
  but i like voting (it makes me feel important XP)
Sillius 13 years ago
  Well then we can add a rule to avoid that :)
If the community wishes to change something the judges already decided , then it is possible to do so... But only if "all" the voters (or at least the majority) wants it to be changed.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  you have a point there, Im... :/
Im 13 years ago
  Let's say the 4 judges have different opinions than, let's say 95% of the voters. Would that be fair?
Ahroo 13 years ago
  jp isn't around BL enough to do that... I think. :/
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  jp can choose the judges
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Judges can sign in to be judges, it's not always the 4 same judges on each contest :)
Treazer 13 years ago
  I dont think the new system would be hard to understand for some players.
Shiro 13 years ago
  I think the Classic way would work better. The Judge system will be too hard to understand for some players.

Also, if there are 4 Judges, WHO chooses them?
gameinsky 13 years ago
  The thing is to eliminate all bad entries so people will get less lazy to check all levels.(because there are less)
jp 13 years ago
  In other words, is the role of the judges to determine the finalists of the contest ?
Treazer 13 years ago
  I vote for judges for sure. Very nice idea Sillius.
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  I get it. I won't be a judge, and I won't be able to vote as a normal member either, because I can't play: Moonlights, Blockoban 1, 2, Push, Rolling Turtle or Captain Dan vs. Zombie Plan. I like the judges idea, but not round 2 idea
gameinsky 13 years ago
  ou guys don't get it...
Judges pick the good levels that can then be voted by the normal members.

[In round number 2 people who completed all of the contest entries (that's right... You have to play all of them) can vote for the entry they think should win.]
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  I choose classic, because I'd like to vote. I can't do that with the new system
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Too much like gundu's character thing... :/
allyally 13 years ago
  I think we should get 2 votes and 1 devote, (that subtracts 1 vote from an entry,
gamelover101 13 years ago
  I pick classic. Everyone has a different point of view, and letting only 4 people decide on which is better is kind of unfair
MarioIsFireball10 13 years ago
  Hmm....I will place my vote on Judges.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Classic... Judges would ruin the entire thing because they're just qualified critics... critics, as we all know, are just cynical people. xP

EDIT: HOWEVER, the judging system could have potential... IDK what to choose. :/
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I think the news system is a lot better, people would finally play all the levels
Sillius 13 years ago
  Hello, I got an idea bout a new system, and I ask you wich one you prefer.

Classic: Everyone can vote for a level entered in the contest and there are no requirements whatsoever.

Judges (New voting system): This is based on the idea that 4 (respected) members will sign up as judges. These judges will then judge all levels of the contest.
Every judge can chose whether or not they think the that the level is good or not.
If a level gets 3 (or more) judge votes it goes on to the next "round". In round number 2 people who completed all of the contest entries (that's right... You have to play all of them) can vote for the entry they think should win. (Judges can't vote for their own level, but they will still be able to participate since a level needs 3 judgevotes in order to pass on and that there are enough judges to make it possible)
The point is that people would get less lazy about the number of levels to play.
(you'd rather play 5 levels than 10)

Personally I'll vote for the new one (Judges)

Classic:

Judges: 3

[1]

General

First post of the topic

Sillius 13 years ago
  Hello, I got an idea bout a new system, and I ask you wich one you prefer.

Classic: Everyone can vote for a level entered in the contest and there are no requirements whatsoever.

Judges (New voting system): This is based on the idea that 4 (respected) members will sign up as judges. These judges will then judge all levels of the contest.
Every judge can chose whether or not they think the that the level is good or not.
If a level gets 3 (or more) judge votes it goes on to the next "round". In round number 2 people who completed all of the contest entries (that's right... You have to play all of them) can vote for the entry they think should win. (Judges can't vote for their own level, but they will still be able to participate since a level needs 3 judgevotes in order to pass on and that there are enough judges to make it possible)
The point is that people would get less lazy about the number of levels to play.
(you'd rather play 5 levels than 10)

Personally I'll vote for the new one (Judges)

Classic:

Judges: 3
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg