Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Behind the Scenes Levels

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  Jp heres my detailed explanation:

Quoting me from Hp:
"@Gamelover- That sounds like a really good idea to teach new membors on how a good level is built. They could veiw it each day to see the process between the start and finish of a level.

But when making the level you need to make shure that players are unable to reach the goal until the level is finished (you could put a box around the goal).
I also think you should get jp involved. He could send a bl newsletter to all membors signed up for it, that focuses on the level and recomends it to new membors to veiw each day.
So each day you should take turns editing the level slightly, and uploading the changes once each day (so new membors can veiw the changes eah day. There should also be a slide (I could do that). Also each day a screen shot would be taken (i could also do that) and these pictures could be posted on the "edit" instructions as a step by step designing tutorial.

In conclusion, this would be a great way to teach new membors, or old membors, new stratagies and improve level designing overall. We just need to get jp here for this special event. You can try to PM him and mention that I recomend it. I think we should set a date for this level (maybe after the apocalypse contest ends) And have 7-14 days for its creation (because it needs to be created at a step by step pace to work). So again, Exellent idea gamelover, sorry aout the long speech."

(ohh, and can you have some easier way to get the msgid? I can only find the msid if the mesage is on the first page)
gameinsky 13 years ago
  It's to show people how step by step a level is created, on day 1 the basic, and each day it's edited once.
jp 13 years ago
  I don't get it, what's the point of accepting a level that is not yet finished ?
The evauation process has been designed to display on homepage the best levels that you can pick if you are a casual visitor on the site.
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Ok, I did that...
  Did you contact Jp yet? He needs to be creating the article for the bl newsletter by now! Im only going to allow this if it teaches newer membors about levels, but if those newer membors dont know about it then it wont work.
  Um, wut??????????/////////
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Don't worry, I have spare phoenix downs. :p
  This topic will be dead by then! :o
Ahroo 13 years ago
  You're too impatient, gamelover... ._.'

There's a contest and assorted OTHER levels underway. Start this AFTER the contest. :/
  This isn't working :(

But seriously, why does this have to wait?
  BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, called for an admin so jp would notice
  Good plan, demonicyoshi.
MarioIsFireball10 13 years ago
  I'll do this after the contest. OK?
  Did you Pm Jp for the HP level yet? It wont work if not too many people know about it. Thats why we cant start it until after the spocalypse contest, it has to have time to get the right amount of publicity.
  This isnt a contest!
gundu 13 years ago
  Oh no, not another contest xD

This time I have to kick my a** to finish the level :O
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Look, there's an apocalypse contest AND I've been procrastinating on both that and a powerpoint project... if I sound grumpy tomorrow, you'll know why. :p

AND that's a perfect explanation for that stuff I can't do. :p
  Listen. If you want to be in it, start it! I can only do it for HP
Ahroo 13 years ago
  That's a MEGAbump, not a MINIbump. ':_
  Minibump!!!
  Uh, collab or not? Someone start?
Daft_Punk 13 years ago
  Same here. :)
Magic_X 13 years ago
  I'll just be in RT xP
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I'll be in HP, RT, JG2 and CDvZP :)
  I didn't say they have to be side by side. Past Behind the Scenes levels will be listed too :)

I gtg for now :(
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Well, it's kind of a bad idea to just make MORE than one level WIP in each game. :/

and, of course, I'll be in charge of the decoration in HP and RT. >:3

I pioneered a sketch style in my local drive. :p
  Done that. :)

Now, I'm just waiting for more members to start...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Okay, I'll likely be in the RT and HP levels. :/

You should highlight the 'only trusted members and admins' in the post thar... :/
  I'm been thinking... Wouldn't it be nice to get to see a level that is Work In Progress? My idea is to let trusted members and admins only make levels and get them accepted beforehand. That way, all members can see the level behind the scenes.

That sound like a good plan? If not, please tell me. :)

Games and Levels:
SPOILER

There will also be behind the scenes collabs for trusted members. If you want to join, ask the leader of the collab level.

Games and Levels (Collabs)
SPOILER

Also, if you want to be in charge and handle level requests, please pm me.

[<<] [1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

I'm been thinking... Wouldn't it be nice to get to see a level that is Work In Progress? My idea is to let trusted members and admins only make levels and get them accepted beforehand. That way, all members can see the level behind the scenes.

That sound like a good plan? If not, please tell me. :)

Games and Levels:
SPOILER

There will also be behind the scenes collabs for trusted members. If you want to join, ask the leader of the collab level.

Games and Levels (Collabs)
SPOILER

Also, if you want to be in charge and handle level requests, please pm me.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg