Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Learn ActionScript 3!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

SimonM 13 years ago
  No it isn't dead, I'm working on it when I have time.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Guess this is dead... It's a shame
Hexicube 13 years ago
  CS3&CS4 uses AS3...CS2 uses AS2
and also it says "AS3 or above" and "AS2 or below" when choosing them
SimonM 13 years ago
  yes, but for BL you can only us AS2 or AS3.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  it depends on your point of view...
in that specific case then CS3 is more USEFUL, but for most flexibility it gets combined with java.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Actually, for a website such as bonuslevel that is the point.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  that's not the point...
I made a battery monitor which goes to 2 d.p.
my friend is making a game in 3D and it is AWESOME :D
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Butit can't be incorporated directly onto a website.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  point of interest:
C++ can, in the right hands, be far more flexible
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Updated the book.
Rewrote the variable section. Hope you like it!
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Why did you lol?

And yes, I bought it
Hexicube 13 years ago
  Brijo lol XD
OliAli 13 years ago
  :D:D:D

Btw, Brijo. You bought Creative Suite 4? o_0 Or how you got that?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  Note: AK meant to put that in Star Tower topic...
AK 13 years ago
  Here MARC:
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Don't worry, I intend on adding an intro, getting started, required knowledge, etc. - I will lay it out like a proper book. SimonM decided to add some info about variables though since we're just getting started.

It feels great to be using this collaboration software to it's full extent - before I was just using it with one person at a time every now and then... :D
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Couldn't you just send him a PM?
AK 13 years ago
  MARC!!!!! GET ON TEAMVIEWER!!!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I don't think I can write a book for AS2, i'll just help gecko with his...
*goes and makes google account*
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I'll probably add an explanation for variables tomorrow. However, I'm not quite sure I'm an editor yet. Guess I am.
SimonM 13 years ago
  I'm helping him with the document.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I'm quite sure it won't before a great deal of work. Sorry to say, but writing such a book is a giant project
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  If this teaches me enough about creating games, then i'll begin making one.

You know, the reverse mario idea.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  i'd recommend making a list of all relatively important concepts, and sort them in basic(basic functions like stop and gotoAndStop, using operands etc.) and advanced(making your own functions, opening external files, etc.)
once you do that begin to elaborately explain each and every concept in as much detail as humanly possible

I think I will also work on an AS2 version...it's a challenge :3
OliAli 13 years ago
  Yea! t's really great! I'm in and it's cool. We can edit it together. I'll easy lear AS3 trought this ^^
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Seems great. Only difference I could find between it an more professional books, is the lack of details in this one. By that, I do not mean that you skipped a step, or anything similar, but how more professional and popular books usually have a deep description of the different parts of the language. They can use several pages, solely for the explanation of a new concept. That's the only improvement I can find for now. As it's a free e-book, I must say, this is brilliant!

I could possibly make a deeper description of the basic stuff if you want. You know my Google account
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that I'm writing an e-book to teach beginners how to program in AS3.
You can view The Book, although it is not finished...
If you are in-the-know and want to become an editor, just sent me a PM with your Google account and I'll add you to the list. You do not have to be an editor to use the chat though, so if you see some activity and want to contribute or ask for help, open up the chat and ask us!

[1]

General

First post of the topic

geckojsc 13 years ago
  Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that I'm writing an e-book to teach beginners how to program in AS3.
You can view The Book, although it is not finished...
If you are in-the-know and want to become an editor, just sent me a PM with your Google account and I'll add you to the list. You do not have to be an editor to use the chat though, so if you see some activity and want to contribute or ask for help, open up the chat and ask us!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg