Play the games, create the levels

Topic, How much power does your laptop battery hold?

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Dragonslayer 13 years ago
  wow

The message is too short! Please note that this forum is not a chat. Construct clear messages and make it easy for people to understand you.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well this died...lol
I have "View source" in my right-click menu in IE9 o.O
Hexicube 13 years ago
  nah i'm fine
and yes, I got SDL working :D
I think I never linked SDL lol
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Because I was the one that showed you SDL? It was just a guess... Glad you got it working, you were getting compiler errors last time.
[edit] have you heard of D? I'm going to start using that instead of C++, becuase it's more flexible, simpler, and more hassle-free than C++, which was designed to help C progammers adapt to OOP.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  srsly gecko how did you know it's SDL? o.O
SimonM 13 years ago
  @Marc, I was just joking with 100% XD
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I know check PM
AK 13 years ago
  MARC!!!! Where are you? you were only on for 25 seconds!!!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  you might have it inside C:\Windows\System32 or equivilant
how did you know it was SDL?
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Nope, it didn't ask for the DLL. Maybe I have it in my path environment variable or something...?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  yes it's SDL, I think you know because it asked for SDL.dll right?
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Oh, just tried your tool. It's nice - very minimalistic. SDL?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  SimonM it's measured in some voltage, or some kind of arbitary unit(apparantly)
also, no battery truly ever holds 100%, even when new...
SimonM 13 years ago
  My battery holds up to 100% XD
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well I will just use mediafire for linking folders, it's easier :P
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Well, to do that you could just use a zip file, or you (or I) could make a tool to automatically generate an HTML file linking to all the files in the folder...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  cool thanks, also I suspect 4 leaf clovers actually work...
I found one today and:
1. this happened
2. i've been trying to get someone who was my friend to like me again for a few weeks and it happened today XD
[edit] DB(DropBox) has 1 flaw: you can't link folders...
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Marc, you should really get DropBox - it's like MediaFire but it's faster and not cluttered with ads and stuff, and to upload stuff you simply drag files into the DropBox folder on your desktop.
Also, if you sign up through somebody's referral link (mine?), you both get 250MB extra free space (on top of the 2GB you get when you sign up with a free account).
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol mine dropped to 43560...wtf XD
gamelover101 13 years ago
  I don't have a laptop -_-
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well why not have it? :D
Magic_X 13 years ago
  This is kinda a strange idea for a forum...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol...then if you get the time go and start up windows 7 ;)
[edit] also, T toggles the text and D changes between analysing the battery values and using what your PC says(D toggles decimal precision)
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Actually, I have BootCamp, and I've installed Windows 7, but I didn't bother to start it up at the time.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  ok so they do exist...
[edit] you could get a virtual PC emulator...
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  A quick search But we'll be better of to take this away from this thread.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  yeah but also I doubt there are actually any kinds of software to create C++ stuff for macs
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  That's true. However, that isn't the Mac's fault.
As two companies fighting Microsoft and Apple, each of them will need things making them special. Microsoft keeps .exe for themself, and therefore Apple can't run them.

A lot of the bigger game companies are starting to convert their games to Mac, some of them are done. Personally, I find the newest source games from Valve, and all games from Blizzard, along with a ton of web games to be enough for me. And that doesn't mean there isn't more out there.
OliAli 13 years ago
  I have a laptop. My battery is very bad.. it holds like 5 mins :D When I move it, I have to run, cause it can shoutuff :D
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I didn't want a flame war, the main reason macs are bad is because they can't run exes...which is what almost every good game uses(especially well-known ones made by large companies)

[1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

Hexicube 13 years ago
  I made a Battery Monitor that examines your batteries current and estimated maximum charge levels...
May aswell have a little laptop contest XD
Note: red bar=running on battery, green=charging, amber=not using battery
has a tendency to stay on amber for a bit if you completely fill the battery and then unplug, but it sorts itself out...
There are also scortcut keys:
D - toggles decimal precision
T - toggles text
L - toggles between no lines, lines at 25% intervals, and at 10% (disabled)

Battery max charge levels:
MARC2008 - 44240
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg