Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Scratch Projects

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 13 years ago
  that is some cool algorithm you have, you didnt come up with that :P
allyally 13 years ago
  No so much when youre working with scratch, It would be simpler if it had the INT function, as it only has MOD,
Hexicube 13 years ago
  meh thats basic stuff, REAL basic...
if I wanted, I could use the same info to provide day of birth, star sign(capricorn, pisces, etc.) and also your life number...and all with the convenience of radio buttons XP
allyally 13 years ago
  Date calculator top that Hexicube...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  thats not half bad ;D
I wont contend with it, I have no purpose for a landscape generator :P
however, I did have a 3D experiment with islands ;)
Hexicube 13 years ago
  alright, seeing as allyallys factor finder misses 1 and the number itself(which ARE factors), see function 5 on prime finder V3
[edit] Prime Finder V3 - Optimised
turns out writing to file wasnt lagging it that much, it was updating the display :P
using this one to write primes to disk(function 0) with prime finder on churned out a near 9mb file containing the first million primes an under a minute for me ;)
that near 9mb list is here
Hexicube 13 years ago
  hmm...I meant prime trees :P
[edit] ok updated link, removed old function 3 and replaced with function 5
I also renamed it :P
gameinsky 13 years ago
  5³ is not a facotor.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I meant 5,5,5 (three 5s)
Prime Finder V3
see function 5 for factor generator...
gameinsky 13 years ago
  3 is not a factor of 125 ?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  @Prime Generator - See my prime finder, function 0
@Factor Generator - Does not work, 125 gets split into 5 and 25 rather than 3 5s
gameinsky 13 years ago
  useful !
allyally 13 years ago
  Also, a Factor Generator which is basically the opposite of the Prime Generator, Although it will detect primes,
allyally 13 years ago
  Ok, challenge 2; Prime Generator
Hexicube 13 years ago
  btw, if you want the C++ prime finder I made, its here
if youre looking for a speed test against your scratch one, use function 4...if youre testing its ability to find n primes, use function 1(0 writes the huge list to disk, which slows it down A LOT)...functions 2 and 3 dont really have much purpose :P
btw, always wanted to create prime tree mechanism lolz
Hexicube 13 years ago
  meh I tried finding multiples of 5, it slows more than it helps :_
allyally 13 years ago
  Lol... whatever you say, crazy person...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  meh im still working on my C++ one, which lists n amount of primes(if n=3 then it would say 2,3,5 for example)
it works, I just want MOAR SPEEDZ!!!
allyally 13 years ago
  Ah well, anyway, mines done.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I did, and it put it ontop of the percent :_
[edit] I added a sneaky little speed boost to my C++ code, by analyzing the numbers it checks...basically it alternates between adding 2 and 4 because every third value is a multiple of 3...and I have already checked 3 early on(as well as 2)...
allyally 13 years ago
  You just drag it around the screen,
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I forgot to remove that XP
oh btw, how come the var says 'Stage Percent' and isnt in the same place I put it? (I put it exactly where isPrime goes, for teh awesome lookz XD)
allyally 13 years ago
  Ah, i checked your script you copied some of mine, but changed the variables, and you dont need to broadcast the prime or notprime unless you give another sprite the instruction to receive it,
Hexicube 13 years ago
  the speed is still quadratic, so I naturally dont trust it :P
[edit] oh wait, mine is faster :P
allyally 13 years ago
  Meh, there were, but there wont be now, i got rid of VarVar, it was just failing. so its slower, but more accurate,
Hexicube 13 years ago
  im only a noob because ive never used it before, and now to speed test them side-by-side :P
[edit] suspicious, are you certain there arent any possible holes in yours where non-primes can slip through, like when I used 49? :P
I want to see new 'code'
allyally 13 years ago
  Meh, s'nothin'. ;)
Hexicube 13 years ago
  ...?
I dont understand what you mean :P
allyally 13 years ago
  Lol, even for an advanced programmer, youre still a noob at scratch, :P

General

First post of the topic

allyally 13 years ago
  Scratch is simple animation/game making program thats very good for inexperienced game makers to get started off. You can then upload your projects to This site

Accounts:
My account
Geckojsc's account
gameinsky'saccount
Superdog

ActionScript Projects:
My Character Code Finder (Actionscript)
Bonuslevel Matching Game
AS Calculator
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg