Play the games, create the levels

Topic, The Laws of Paths

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 13 years ago
  See? Even the person that's MADE of paths agrees. |:p
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  I just adjust the path until it feals like a good speed. I never calculate anything with them other then basic addition.

I dont think I will ever need this...
But good work, this will confuse people and then I will have all my competition eliminated!
Ahroo 13 years ago
  The power of Garygoh making equations that make no sense for things that make complete sense. |:p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  oh wait, I just realised that the formula does account for average speed changing XD
also, in the formal proof, then less-than signs should really be less-than-or-equal-to signs
azz 13 years ago
  Wow i dont understand this
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I was complaining that the average speed of the whole line was used for calculating time to only travel part of it, when that causes the average speed to be different
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Solving the Law 1 equation:
Hexicube 13 years ago
  alright...1 sec...
P(speed at L)=(y-x)/2+x
(ds/dt) = s|x-P|/L
not sure...:P
AK 13 years ago
  .....What?

This topic is confusing, and i'm in Trig...
allyally 13 years ago
  HA! Hexicube FAILS again!
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Wrong. If s has reached the endpoint (L), then s = L. Now, Hexicube's adjustment is wrong because

(ds/dt) = (x + (y-x))/2 + x = y/2 + x.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  now, for law 1, a fix:
(ds/dt)=(x + s(y-x)/L)/2+x
jasperpostema 13 years ago
  Ok, what does this mean? I cannot scroll over the page!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  s(y-x)/L
incorrect - assumes same speed throughout(equal to avg speed)
allyally 13 years ago
  Gis, If 2 node speeds are different, you might want to know what time it will be a point between them, as it wont be linear to to the acceleration/ deceleration in the node speeds, So this formulae works out the time,
Elizea 13 years ago
  These are cool I guess, but I can't see anyone calculating path things like these while making a level.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Quest- ion.
What is the law ?
allyally 13 years ago
  Ooh... This could be useful... Nice work Gary,

[and i guess you use √a^2 + b^2 to get L]
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Law 1
SPOILER

Law 2
SPOILER

Although the law(s) are usually developed by me, so PM me if you have developed a true law of paths.

[1]

General

First post of the topic

Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Law 1
SPOILER

Law 2
SPOILER

Although the law(s) are usually developed by me, so PM me if you have developed a true law of paths.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg