Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BlockMania Footage

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Garygoh884 12 years ago
  I have uploaded the main game of BlockMania. Check it out, you need an editor to play your levels!
Garygoh884 12 years ago
  I have posted my game into YoYo Games. Check it out!

SPOILER
Garygoh884 12 years ago
  Yes, I made these using Game Maker 8.1. I didn't buy the Standard version.
Ahroo 12 years ago
  Wait, the Yoyo Games logo...

You aren't using GAME MAKER, are you?
Garygoh884 12 years ago
  OK, I have released the new version of my editor. Here is the link. I have added the import/export functions.

SPOILER
Garygoh884 12 years ago
  Yes. My editor has 10 different colors for blocks. I will deploy this game for testing if I develop the level code system and walls.
Treazer 12 years ago
  Nice Bump! I like the editor, but how we can test?
Garygoh884 12 years ago
  Editor in Progress
Here is the editor that I am currently working on. I'll implement the import/export function after the next upload or so.

I made this editor using Game Maker 8.1L, so I wish I would upgrade to the Standard Edition, but it's costly.

SPOILER
SimonM 13 years ago
  That's what I meant Birjo, :p, It could have been different in some countries.
CamoDragoon 13 years ago
  @Everyone, don't know where I should post this, but I'm thinking of making an Ipad/possibly Iphone app where there are blocks like in Blockoban, but instead of dragging the blocks to move them, you have to rotate the screen (with a button) to let them fall into place (normal gravity is in effect, though I may make some block to change that).

Sound like a good idea?
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  @SimonM: Actually, you don't have to at all. You can claim copyright without the need to register it anywhere. It's a different story with Trademark though.
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  This game includes level importing, which is the same as these games on BL. I had implemented the level coding system while I'm developing.
SimonM 13 years ago
  DY, you don't have to send it to a patent office in some countries
Magic_X 13 years ago
  It just makes it look official :P
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  I like the flow chart.

but why is it copyrighted? Did you actually send it to the patent ofice and get it copyrighted?
allyally 13 years ago
  Sad but true.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  It's not like we care for the script, we care about the game itself!
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Here is the piece of script for an object:

SPOILER
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  I have implemented a flowchart so that I won't mess up with complex scripts, as shown here.
allyally 13 years ago
  I tried Gamemaker... it confuzeled me...
BL0XXER 13 years ago
  looks cool garygoh cant wait to play it
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Looks interesting, can't wait to test! :)
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Like BLockoban II. This game features some items which doesn't include in BLockoban II, crystal blocks and 8 colors instead of BLockoban's 6. (game in progress) Although I have disconutinued my previous Game Maker 8 game, because I have messed up. I made only one room for the prototype version to test my scripts and objects for errors. These scripts and codings are much more complex (as of thought).
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Looks fun, what is the goal of the game ? how does it play ?
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Links
Main Game
Editor

I'm working on this game very hard and I wanted to share a footage with all of you! I worked this project via Game Maker 8 and spent loads of hours to correct scripting errors.
Prototype

[1]

General

First post of the topic

Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Links
Main Game
Editor

I'm working on this game very hard and I wanted to share a footage with all of you! I worked this project via Game Maker 8 and spent loads of hours to correct scripting errors.
Prototype
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg