Play the games, create the levels

Topic, The Story of a Pear - A MS-Paint Adventure

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Jim674 12 years ago
  Candy Corn Vampire!!!!!!!!!! That's my favorite. Also 'You cannot descend into the sky because the universe is not upside-down!'

Read Homestuck. It's SOOOOO much better!!!!!!
azz 12 years ago
  You find yourself in a room with a man with a bear trap attached to his neck. there is a funny little clown man with swirly make up on TV. You decide to watch the show.
azz 12 years ago
  Tootsie roll Frankenstein ! I have only just finished problem sleuth... LOL @ business cards: Busts r us
Jim674 13 years ago
  Gamelover101, go here. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?viewmap=4

The proper MSPA is run by Andrew Hussie. Basicly, he comes up with a scenario, and people type things in a suggestion box. Then he picks one and draws a panel of the characters response to that command. So on for one thousand six hundred and twenty something more pages. That's Problem Sleuth for you.

Homestuck is less absurd and easier to follow, but the suggestion box was shut down after Act 1 finished, which was about 4000 pages ago. Yep, Homestuck is that long. And it's only about halfway done.

Read PS first, it's a good example of how MSPA works. Then you should read Homestuck if you've got the time. It's even more awesome. CANDY CORN VAMPIRE!!!!!!
dingdong 13 years ago
  It makes sense to me.

And as i see is it there to avoid the pictures getting to old before they're uploaded
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  That sentance doesnt make sense. "avoid continuing the story while posting images."
This sentance suggests to avoid continueing the story and post images at the same time.
I think that "while" should be changed to "with"
gamelover101 13 years ago
  I don't get the point of MSPA then, ok?
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Quoting birjolaxew from The Story of a Pear - A MS-Paint Adventure
Remember, avoid continuing the story while posting images. The whole point behind MSPA is that the reader makes the story.
Jim674 13 years ago
  It just so happens that I was reading MSPA when I found this! I've crunched through Problem Sleuth and half of Homstuck in a week! ...I have no life...
  You decide to open try the right back door. It swings open instantly. You walk in.

You walk through the right back door.
  I really don't think there should be a deathtrap in here, yet. And also, what did you use to smash the fishtank?
azz 13 years ago
  I am the reader and i am giving ideas for the story!
  Quote: Remember, avoid continuing the story while posting images. The whole point behind MSPA is that the reader makes the story.
azz 13 years ago
  You smash the fish tank and you watch as the fish start thrashing about on the floor. Suddenly you find out that one of the fish has a note and a key attached.You see that the note says"I have trapped you Ethan and now there is a spiked ceiling coming towards you at an incredibly slow speed".There is a clock on the wall where the fish and water used to be counting down from 10 minutes.
  Birjo, I can't really do a pic for EVERY part. I'm too lazy to make a pic for every frame...
  What do you mean? (asked the fish from the tank)
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Remember, avoid continuing the story while posting images. The whole point behind MSPA is that the reader makes the story.
  You look at the fish tank. It was bolted into the wall with 4 screws. The fish in there were just like any other pet fish. "Maybe there's something behind it." you thought.

Since you had no tool to open it with, you try the right back door. Locked again.

You had no choice but to try the right front door.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Well well, GL101 continues the story!
Time for me to give suggestions.

Examine the fishtank in the back. Maybe it'll hold something important.
  You try the door on the left. Locked.
The door is locked.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Quoting gameinsky from The Story of a Pear - A MS-Paint Adventure
You try opening the door.

You pull the door. Surprisingly, it swings up without a sound. You are presented with a small corridor. A nice, soft carpet covers the floor, and a fishtank is embedded into the wall at the end. Other than that, you can only see three doors.
The Corridor

[Edit]Sorry GL, I didn't see your message.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Recently, GIS' suggestions just fitted my own plans for the story
  @birjo Dude, why are you ignoring me and Ahroo?
  You get bored and begin doing push ups and situps so you can get strong. You are tired of your stick arms and legs.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  You try opening the door.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
But then you think, maybe you're that "Ethan".
And you must be stuck here needing help.

Sounds right to you.
You wonder what to do next
You stare around the room
gameinsky 13 years ago
  But then you think, maybe you're that "Ethan".
And you must be stuck here needing help.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
But there's somethings written on the painting, on the top-left corner, you decide to read it.

You walk over to the painting and look at it. A signature is made in the lower left corner, telling the name of the painting and the artist. However, a small, scribbled note is drawn in the upper right corner.
The note
Do you want to help this stranger "Ethan"?
Ahroo 13 years ago
  It seems to be a slate. Who uses slates any more? You look at it and try to define the chiselings upon it...
  You turned thekey. Pop, the object behind the painting popped out.

[1] [2] [3]

General

First post of the topic

birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Hello, and welcome to "The Story of a Pear". You've been invited to take part of this interactive adventure, hopefully guiding our main person to his destiny.

Taking part of this, you'll be able to suggest what will happen in the next frame.

You've just woken up. You're still tired, and not entirely sure who you are. What is your name?
You just woke up.

Let this incredibly stupid topic unfold!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg