Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Bonuslevel is not what it used to be...

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Penticube 12 years ago
  I think the older games are much better. BB2 is too hard, and RM2.5 is just random. P4M is okay, but the lag-cheating greatly takes away from it.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Come, let's put all our whining energy into making Bl a better place again!
SimonM 13 years ago
  There are tons of new levels in Blockoban!!
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Gecko's not strict, but I graduentally try to work up people's skills.
chris3000 13 years ago
  I wish the level standards weren't so high. Some admins are strict and some are not. I'm just telling my opinion.
Jim674 13 years ago
  I much prefer BL to MMORPG. Also, platformers, some racers, puzzle, strategy and MSPA. If that counts.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  ahum, chat ?
gundu 13 years ago
  @Chris, Not everyone have good taste in games... *ahem*
gameinsky 13 years ago
  shiro loves mmorpg, I love making levels.
Thought, I'd tell you, he sometimes check BL, but logged out.
chris3000 13 years ago
  Why the heck does shiro play maplestory. BL is way more awesome than that.
dingdong 13 years ago
  Yes but silluis meant something else and now im saying it again.
MARC2009 13 years ago
  DD ive said that already
dingdong 13 years ago
  @Silluis:

1.Getting Jp active is the most important, cause he's the only one to fix some of the others.

2.Advertising must wait until the site is a bit more freindly, else new people would learn the wrong things.
Ellemennt75 13 years ago
  I just wish for like... 2 straight weeks, there'd be new comments on 2 pages of RT levels. That would make me feel so much better. Hahaha. I love RT.
murtaza64 13 years ago
  i don't think there's just 8 of us... i'd say 20
Jim674 13 years ago
  I'M STILL HERE!!!!!! ANYONE KNOW ME??!?!?!?! ANYONE CARE ABOUT ME?!?!?!?!?!

NOBODY?!?!?!?!?

*cries*
Sillius 13 years ago
  In my opinion the list should be changed a little :p

- Advertising BL
- Can still have official (Official pack 2 ?)
- Updating the games, and making in-game tutorial.
- Calling back the legends and other good friends.
- JP must be more active.

As I see it we don't a few of the good players to come back, we need a lot of new guys to join, so that the community can grow and actually be something else than 8 guys chatting :p
MARC2009 13 years ago
  Quoting Ahroo from Bonuslevel is not what it used to be...
If people keep making topics for this I'll get a hernia. |:_

We already KNOW BL is dying, we never needed 3 topics to see that...

We're running out of fresh ideas because they're not a renewable resource. The legends are as well. JP is so busy on his games that he never updates the others, causing game death to be fairly quick.

wow that really helps :_

like I said, the community is what needs to come first. fixing that could have a catalystic effect on the rest of BL and might fix some of the other problems such as lack of new levels.
chris3000 13 years ago
  And cheese9, boogiebee, and digitank should come back too.
murtaza64 13 years ago
  The community... That's it... Everyone used to know everyone

anyone remember REALLY old members like sword_guy?
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Maybe we should list all good suggestions back:)

- JP must be more active.
- Can still have official (Official pack 2 ?)
- Calling back the legends and other good friends.
- Updating the games, and making in-game tutorial.
- Advertising BL

In that order seems the best :)

Also, Crush is the cause of you not finding being very good anymore, for most of us it might be generally a lot of legends leaving, and Jp not being here to fight fights.
Sillius 13 years ago
  The problem with BL is the lack of active users...
I don't know if you have noticed, but only about 8 people are active in the forums and the games seriously lack activity to.

So if you just advertise this site everywhere and get lots of new people here, it may start getting interesting again :)

Ooh and one of the things that made BL flourish back in the old days, was the fact that making an official level wasn't impossible...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  If people keep making topics for this I'll get a hernia. |:_

We already KNOW BL is dying, we never needed 3 topics to see that...

We're running out of fresh ideas because they're not a renewable resource. The legends are as well. JP is so busy on his games that he never updates the others, causing game death to be fairly quick.
Ellemennt75 13 years ago
  I feel advertising would be helpful, but harmful...

The community used to be big. Bigger than we are now, but we were a tight community. There was hardly any hostility (unless you made a terrible level of just random lines and stars). I feel like advertising would wouldn't help with that.
CamoDragoon 13 years ago
  I must agree, (I had a local profile since when shiro made levels), though a topic, I kinda agree w/ GIS.
I know what you mean, only the most devoted people are still here w/ unique names, now all we get are lots of noobs w/ names like you might use online, like"scotty1945" or whatever. No good old days, an the only flourishing community is BB. I try to make levels for every game, but w/ computer limit of 1 1/2 hours a day, I'm pretty limited.

Even worse, almost nobody comments on anything anymore...other than detrimental stuff. So sad. :(
AK 13 years ago
  New router! Faster internet! WOOHOO!!!

Yes, I remember those days. And I have been on a mission to make BL the best site in the world for a while.

I think the point at which I stopped was when Crush left. Crush is my best friend, and it's just not the same without him.

I have a great idea actually. I know that at least 3 of the oldies that I remember are on World of Warcraft now. I may be able to bring them back, and maybe Shiro too.

I'll try tomorrow. Good night!
MARC2009 13 years ago
  yes, what we need is to get the oldies back to help return BL back to the state it used to be. if we can get some or all of those people back then maybe we would be able to restore BL, maybe not fully but it would be a great benefit to the community here.

anyway, I think that most of us might be going the wrong way with this, right now maybe adertising BL isnt the way to solve it. maybe in the future it would benefit BL but if we get more people now then they might take example from the overwhelming majority of the BL community.
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Sigh, makes sense. There hasn't been as many levels like the old times...
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I remember the time most people like lololol, sillius, zakko, shiro and Im ... but most certainly I missed JP presense...
Ellemennt75 13 years ago
  Don't get me wrong.... I love BL and the way that it is with all the games and the level creaters and such... just... Idk.

I remember the summer I posted all my levels, which were mostly recieved in a good manner and got good ratings, (Check them out if you don't remember them at all. Or don't... haha.) BonusLevel had SO much activity on RT and JG and there were new levels almost every day. People like Zakko and OH_BEBE (What ever happened to her? *tear* *tear*) would post a lot, and it was an all around AWESOME community to belong to. Heck... I remember when they discovered the AllyAlly glitch. Everyone went crazy. Haha. Any old timers remember that? :D

BL is good now... don't get me wrong. I just feel that it lacks what it used to. Maybe it was the circumstances, being summer and not going to school or whatever, but recently when I came back to play my levels randomly one day, it just wasn't the BonusLevel I knew and loved.

Anyone care to share any stories about the old BL? I'd love to reminisce about it.

[1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

Ellemennt75 13 years ago
  Anyone remember when BL had new levels for RT and JG every day, and tons of levels were being played? I miss that.

Had a nostalgic feeling earlier today, and thought I'd share it will the community I used to take part in often.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg