Play the games, create the levels

Topic, A game i would like to make

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

allyally 12 years ago
  Or Avoid paying up to £400 for Flash and get Flashdevelop, its free & brilliant, Me, Gecko & SimonM can help you out with it,

@Manufan, stop pretending you know stuff, you evidently know nothing but the named of a couple of things & are now looking to impress people by bringing things up at any point possible. Just stop it.
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  HTML isn't a programming language, but a scripting language. Believe it or not, the difference is actually large.
manufan 12 years ago
  @StealthPilot: User experience - don't do that until you know Actionscript. I'm implementing API (still not finished making damn thing) and that is already hard.

Need help? Buy this for AS3 or get this for free for AS2.

Serial Code for Flash 8

@Geckojsc: Yeah another language is HTML- great for beginners. Mind you, you can't translate it in to Actionscript tho. :)

@Azz: Try books or even investigate. Math/Maths will help you. :D
azz 12 years ago
  He could make it.
But im trying to learn actionscript and its really hard to understand.
edit:also judging by your profile you are about the same age as me and unless you are some kind of super Einstein then there is not much chance of you learning quickly.
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  Thank you Azz, for the random, negative, unneeded comment.

Telling him he won't succeed is fine, but at least give him a way to get on.
azz 12 years ago
  Dont you mean... a game i will never make.
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  Actually, you very much can. The documentation may be the API, but the API is written in Actionscript.
SimonM 12 years ago
  uumh you can't learn to code by looking at the documentation on BL, it's for implementing the bonuslevel api. I think you better look for some tutorials for AS3 or AS2.
Ahroo 12 years ago
  lol... though sleath shoulda known that AS is a hard language for noobs to pick up if they don't know sh*t about coding. it's practically unreadable unless you know a good amount of math and other coding. |:p

Gecko's right, the first language you learn should be an easy one, like LUA. What's more, Adobe's Alchemy program allows for tranlation of LUA to AS last time I think. so if he learned LUA, he could do most of his work in it and then translate it to AS. :/

EDIT: @Coolguy that's because manufan's an idiot that exceptionally deserves his limitations and ridicule. limitations over topic spamming and ridicule over being one of the few who didn't know coding first |:p
Coolguy52 12 years ago
  Manufan keeps reading the documentation - still doesn't get it :P

@StealthPilot: Read the documentation and choose your files for download - F8 API or F9 API (AS2 or AS3). If you don't know what they are you're stuck. Where will you get sprites? What music? Are you going to have codes for secret items? You haven't told us enough.

@Allyally: Agreed. Manufan also agrees but didn't want to post. I bet he thinks its a program.
Ahroo 12 years ago
  I feel sad about these idiots that continually want to make a game, and then gasp because they're just lines of text. T_T
gamelover101 12 years ago
  Agreed. People learn...
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  But a cook would, at one point or the other, learn what a frying pan is if he gets popular.
Hexicube 12 years ago
  not exactly a cook tho...
demonicyoshi 12 years ago
  yah, you can still make pretty good sandwitches without a frying pan. =P
gameinsky 12 years ago
  I didn't say a cook that doesn't know what a frying pan is can't cook at all.
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  Quoting gameinsky from A game i would like to make
You know, a gamemaker that doesn't know actionscript is like a cook that doesn't know what a frying pan is.

Well, Notch got rather popular, and he doesn't know Actionscript.
Hexicube 12 years ago
  my younger sister wants to get into it...she believes being good in photoshop is a start, well it is for one aspect but still -_-
geckojsc 12 years ago
  Hmm, this may be relevant. Check this stuff out:
Quoting geckojsc from Computer/ Flash help!!!
Here are some of the ways to make games for free.

Learn the clean and simple Lua programming language, then use the simple and well-documented LÖVE game engine to make Windows, Mac, an Linux games using Lua.

Learn the powerful-but-complicated ActionScript 3 language, then download the free Flex 4 SDK and the FlashDevelop IDE and make Flash games (it's not easy). Theres a great set-up tutorial for that by ChevyRay.

Use the educational drag-and-drop Scratch programming environment to make simple Java games. It is super easy, but it takes a lot of work to get something complex or professional in it.

Use Game Maker, a popular (but somewhat noobish) choice. Still, there's nothing wrong with using it, some epic games have been made by people that really know it inside out!

Use JavaScript. If you have a good browser (that is, anything but Internet Explorer) you can draw on the new <canvas> element and use the new <audio> and <video> tags to make stunning web games! I'll leave it to you to research that some more if you choose it.
gameinsky 12 years ago
  You know, a gamemaker that doesn't know actionscript is like a cook that doesn't know what a frying pan is.
allyally 12 years ago
  Go on Chat.
SleathPilot 12 years ago
  Can it be used on mac.
allyally 12 years ago
  *Facepalm*

If you dont know that, you dont stand a hope in hell of making a game.
SleathPilot 12 years ago
  whats that
allyally 12 years ago
  Can you use Actionscript?
SleathPilot 12 years ago
  Ill still try.
allyally 12 years ago
  Rule 14.

nuff said.
SleathPilot 12 years ago
  I would like to make a game like space invaders.

[1]

General

First post of the topic

SleathPilot 12 years ago
  I would like to make a game like space invaders.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg