Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Rude.................

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

chris3000 12 years ago
  @Hexicube: Actually IMO I think the level standards are a little too high, especially for a beginner.
azz 12 years ago
  My spelling is that of a 21 year old according to the results of my Vernon test in year 6.
Highschool FTW!
gameinsky 12 years ago
  a 3 year old is NOT supposed to make levels xD

But the fact that the standarts for levels are high (however, the standarts of SMBX levels are actually much higher, I had to try 4 times until I got a semi-good level)

But that's why I came up with a pretty neat system myself.
Your first levels is never your best, I know that, and I respect that. So I try to gradually push to improve the style of a said levelmaker.
first of all, no messyness, then design, finally eye-candy and style(BG).
gundu 12 years ago
  So simple... xD
Hexicube 12 years ago
  Y1-Y6 is grade 1 to 6 in your elementary school
Y7-Y11 is grade 1 to 5 in your high school
gundu 12 years ago
  Yeah, I tend to accept ''lower'' quality level depending on the player experience.

e.g. If One of the top designers make a kind of messy level, I would probably not accept it since I know he can do a lot better but on the other side if a new member comes and try to makes his first level a good one but it somehow turned to look a bit messy I would probably accept it, And people should also rate levels taking this in consideration

[edit] @Hexi, He haven't said there were no exception xD

It's pretty much like me with my english skill, meh, not sure if it's a good example, But it is compared to people in my class and as well for higher classes. But yeh, the education system is not the same here, so I don't really know what Y3 and Y6 are since we don't have these.

It's more like:

Elementary school:
- kindergarden
- 1st grade
- 2nd grade
- 3rd grade
- 4th grade
- 5th grade
- 6th grade

Then we have,
High School:
- 1st grade
- 2nd grade
- 3rd grade
- 4th grade
- 5th grade <----- That's where I'm going to be this year

So... After this a new establishment takes the job of teaching us :P
Hexicube 12 years ago
  "It's like comparing the work of a 2 year old and a 20 year old."
my math work in Y3 was compared against Y6...I did great, so that argument is semi invalid XD

anyways, the level standards raising is very noticeable, if you look at RT or JG2 and compare early and late officials there is a HUGE difference. ive actually been around for over 3 years and the site has slowly been getting harder to make levels on, when I first came my first RT level was official(yes, I still get smug about that XD) and now I literally have no inspiration what-so-ever.

oh how great it would be to go back 3 years to it, and give out the most epic levels you've ever seen...id own 95% of the officials XD
nachos 12 years ago
  Thanks GL101.
gamelover101 12 years ago
  @birjo, I agree and disagree.

People learn, but not with your blunt words. Every community has problems like this, but that doesn't mean younger memebers aren't welcome. It's these kind of comments that can start fights and flamewars.

I agree with not having bad work praised, but that's the nature of admin accept-reject mechanisms. The level standards have been pretty high now, but I myself feel that they should be lowered depending on ages and experience of members. It's like comparing the work of a 2 year old and a 20 year old.

@nachos
Don't. I feel this topic was started for a good cause.
nachos 12 years ago
  I wasnt talking about me getting bullied. Im perfectly fine. I was talking about how I keep on seeing other people getting bullied.
demonicyoshi 12 years ago
  @birjo- I agree but, theres still ways to do that while still sounding nice.
gundu 12 years ago
  Not going to argue... Even if I don't really agree
chris3000 12 years ago
  @birjo: Yeah, exactly.
MarioIsFireball10 12 years ago
  Woo! Finally! Someone gets what I'm saying!
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  Well, this is just stupid...

BL isn't a place for 7-year-olds to come, for the sole reason of having their incredibly bad work praised. There's this thing that you may have heard of, called reality. You have to go there, at one point or another, and guess what? People won't come running if you hurt your knee. They won't be nice to you if you are a dick. And, finally, they won't tell you your work is excellent if it isn't. Getting criticism is the only way to improve. If you have no idea what is wrong with your levels, you won't ever fix it, and you'll simply continue doing the same mistake, over and over again.

Wake up, look around. We are not "evil". We're just not your parents.
  Nope. Your a good admin....
Elizea 12 years ago
  I'm notz enuf BANHAMMER 4 u!?
  Yesh people are rude sometimes. My other community who has an admin who is a sheer BANHAMMER.
allyally 12 years ago
  No you're not, xD
jeti100 12 years ago
  i agree to so im sorry allyally
SimonM 12 years ago
  Anyway, why do you all people care about your reputation, reputation is not the only thing that counts. Just enjoy BL like it is. And if some one comments bad on your level, make a new level!
azz 12 years ago
  Don't use it as an excuse manufan...
It is a really important part in your life.
manufan 12 years ago
  @Nachos: Thank God you have said it! I was going to make a topic like this otherwise. Here is what I would say:

If you don't have something positive to say don't say it.

This is just like Magnacumlaud on BLockoban when she keeps telling us that our levels suck when she doesn't create any!

@Azz: Same here man! I'm doing too - I just found an excuse for my Spam-mania back in 2010!!! xD
azz 12 years ago
  I feel like i'm throwing my reputation down the toilet arguing with everyone.
I hope nobody hates me for it as I am going through puberty at the moment.
gundu 12 years ago
  That also explain why I didn't known the existence of this ''word''
gameinsky 12 years ago
  that was a typo since the p is next to the o, or a "typony" xD
chris3000 12 years ago
  Yeh, BL is the best compared to other websites.
gundu 12 years ago
  @Gameinsky, I lol'd when you said ''The ponly ones I know are...'' Because I actually read ''The pony ones I know are...''

I know, I know, Too much MLP xD

But, well, BL is great like it is (is it?) I don't see lot of trolling compared to others website I usually go. So, yeah, BL is perfect like it is.
chris3000 12 years ago
  Well we should be friends and be a BL community. @GIS: I don't see the dark side of BL too much.
gameinsky 12 years ago
  *ahum*
the people on BL aren't as rude, you can google any forum that is ,popular and find rude people there.

chris, nobody is upset about you, stop seeing the dark side of BL!
every community has rude people.
The only ones I know are allyally and ahroo who are trolls by nature :P

[1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

nachos 12 years ago
  I'm tired of people being rude to everyone on BL. Come on people, have fun on BL... Dont be a bully.
Don't tell someone their level sucks. Help them with their level making.
Dont insult someone just because they comment offtopic.
We should all be friends on BL, not fighting against each other.
Im not trying to be mean or noobish, i'm just tired of people being mean.

Post here if you agree with me.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg