Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Chatroom will be gone?!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gamelover101 12 years ago
  @DY
I don't think the chat should be that strict.

I remember people having fun, testing and changing their names. Multiple nicknames, multiple chatrooms open, all that was something I found fun actually...
gundu 12 years ago
  @Demonicyoshi, You mean like there'll be a chat section everywhere you go on the site? On games, Main page, Topics(?)

Because I'd like it to be everywhere, So I don't forget to go in xD
demonicyoshi 12 years ago
  it would be nice if it conects to bl. but Jp would need to help with that.
-Our Bl usernames would automatically display in the chat (but we can change them, however by clicking on someone's name by are brought to their profile.)
-we could use [ lvlid= ] and simular shortcuts in the chat.
-admins get special abilities in the chat.
All players can warn people. 3 warnings (by 3 different people) kicks a player for 1 hour.
Game admins can automatically kick users for 1 hour.
Forum moderator and user moderator can kick users for 3 hours.
User moderator can ban people from the chat.
Hexicube 12 years ago
  ahroo its harder than it looks :P
Ahroo 12 years ago
  @marc all we really need is a small chat system, chat PMing and a warning system. Shouldn't be much, just a viable replacement for the meebo.

@gl they've probably got giant complications in attempting to get them, though it wouldn't hurt to search.
  isn't there online chatroom hosting availible anywhewre?
Hexicube 12 years ago
  im working on a chat, right now ive prepared it to run off my PC as a test then I will have to find some form of hosting...
Ahroo 12 years ago
  Embedding isn't making our own chat... embedding is putting a pre-existing chat into a page, making a chat is much harder.
  We can make our own chatrooms... jp only needs to embed them or something...

IRC is a good idea, but IRC clients aren't too convienent...
Hexicube 12 years ago
  ive pondered the idea of making a chat, seeing as I have the tools to do so...however, such a thing isnt so easy, the connecting is complicated...
however, I have just gotten an idea...
Ahroo 12 years ago
  Meh, we've seen that for a while now, it's stuck to 2 categories:

1) jp saves our asses by rekindling the chat

2) We get a different kind of chat after it dies

we've been exploring option 2, gecko mentioned that an IRC may be a good alternative... spare the fact that we'd need a bot to take the banhammer so idiots don't wreak havoc on the chat. There was also a thought of making our own chat.
  As you can see on meebo, it seems that our main BL chatroom will be discontinued in a month, I'm basically asking whether we should make a new chatroom and all.

Seeing what the community is like, and the activity of our chatrooms, I'm thinking that a chatroom is actually pretty important to how our BL works. Chatium, unfortunately, doesn't really meet our demands either.

Should we get a new chatroom? If yes, what server?
Please add feedback in this topic!

[<<] [1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

As you can see on meebo, it seems that our main BL chatroom will be discontinued in a month, I'm basically asking whether we should make a new chatroom and all.

Seeing what the community is like, and the activity of our chatrooms, I'm thinking that a chatroom is actually pretty important to how our BL works. Chatium, unfortunately, doesn't really meet our demands either.

Should we get a new chatroom? If yes, what server?
Please add feedback in this topic!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg