Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Who do you think should be forum/user/chat admin?

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

manufan 12 years ago
  If we have too much chat admins, it would just be like school. Congratz on becoming a half-op Simon!
Ahroo 12 years ago
  @gamelover Manufan. Your argument has been rendered completely void on 12 different levels.
SuperMario 12 years ago
  Yea, He's perfect for that, cause... uhhhh... well, I cannot explain, because I am not really in chat, just in weekends.

Edit: Gamelover: I agree with you, chat admins are not really necessary.
gameinsky 12 years ago
  I've mad SimonM half-op, but i'll leave it to that.
Tbh I was seeking for a third chat admin for a loooong time already, but simon is perfect for this :)
gamelover101 12 years ago
  I think admins aren't really needed in the chat, not much punishable things have happened there imo. Maybe we should just leave it, until GIS is unable to be an admin anymore (longtime leaving, etc).
Ahroo 12 years ago
  Birjo has a good point.

and lol @Marc let's not make him an admin on the chat, he's got enough adminships to worry about...
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  So, wait, we're talking about chat admins?

In that case, I see absolutely no reason to promote any member to admin... The ones we already have, are more than enough.
Hexicube 12 years ago
  he has been on the chat...remember that 'incident' with P4M?
gameinsky 12 years ago
  yeh, but before that He'll have to make an account on it.
Seeing as he has never been on the chat he can't be admin.
gamelover101 12 years ago
  I don't see how this is completely useless...
Well... Proposals are proposals, and plus I think JP should be a permanent admin on chat.
gameinsky 12 years ago
  I've been thinking, this topic is rather useless because on such a small site we all know eachother, because there's not a lot of people to know... so technically we're all friends or foes, you can't vote for a friend, but you won't vote for your foe.

Nevertheless, if you really think I should, I'll give SimonM part adminship when he comes on the chat.
[edit]
Oh great! Figured out how to make someone halfop!
Took me some time...

@ ahroo the first bit is right, sometimes i really want to prove things (probably because of my autism, I don't know)
I can act child-ish, which I usually do act a bit like because I find that being admin doesn't mean you can't have fun. But I CAN be serious if I need to.
And on this whole conversation I've been serious.
azz 12 years ago
  I'm thinking Simonm because he is a mature and valued member on bonuslevel. I think he is responsible enough because has been on bonuslevel for a long time and has learned much about it.
jasperpostema 12 years ago
  Ahroo could be admin lvl 1 in RT.
SuperMario 12 years ago
  Yea, GIS should be :)
Ahroo 12 years ago
  TIME TO CRITIQUE PPLZ

Gameinsky: GIS is a worthy administrator in the first place, he knows how to administrate well and deserves the title thoroughly. However, he seems to have some pathetic problems with 'proving' things, and acts somewhat childish.

Hexicube/MARC2008: I don't think Marc would make a great admin. He's a splendid coder and all, but not cut out for admining a site of people who act like 5-year-olds, especially since he's far too irritable.

SimonM(Mentioned): SimonM would make a great SEMI-op, if one were to exist. As matt said, he doesn't have a short fuse on his anger and he is one of the more acceptable members. However, he may need a small bit of adminship tutoring before he actually does anything, and should be monitered by a more experienced admin at any possible time.

Ahroo: NOPE, just chuck testa. I myself know that I'm not very good admin material, as my emotions are too erratic to admin correctly.

left out DY and Matt because they're not narcissistic enough to deserve a harsh critique. This is in no way biased, this is genuinely what you people are like.
gameinsky 12 years ago
  Also, if you think that the actual admins are already good enough you may say that too.
MatthijsM 12 years ago
  not game admins treazer we are talking about bigger things
Hexicube 12 years ago
  Brolling both of those are due to inactive admins, this is due to arguments involving existing admins...
SimonM 12 years ago
  treazer, this is about chat admin. not game or site admins.
demonicyoshi 12 years ago
  From The FAQ page:
"Evaluation is only a small part of the administrators duties (probably the most time consuming). The most significant part is to assist players, motivate new ones, assist designers, resolve conflicts, answer to questions and listen to opinions. The ultimate goal is not only preserve the high quality of the game and the community's but improve it with fresh new ideas."

This also apply to any admin posision, expecially the stuff I bolded. "resolve conflicts" is probally the biggest task of a chat/forum/user admin.
MatthijsM 12 years ago
  I suggest SimonM: He is an active member, he is polite and he has never fights or arguments with people.
gameinsky 12 years ago
  Shouldn't admins vote? i mean, they have experience and they know what they're voting about. (No offense to members)
Hexicube 12 years ago
  There's been some arguments lately on the chat about who should be an admin, so I've made this topic to try and settle it. Basically, say who you think should be admin for BL(as many as you want), and I'll consider all proposals, but there are rules for suggestions:
1. All suggestions MUST have a fair amount of evidence to back it up, you can't suggest someone because they have a cool name
2. No suggesting friends/family, even if they are good potential candidates
3. No arguments on this topic about people's opinions or suggestions, the idea is to be as unbiased as possible
4. No suggesting the same person twice(for obvious reasons)
Oh, and this includes current admins(apart from JP of course), but the reverse applies. You instead suggest reasons they should NOT be admins, and if any admin is found to be removing people's comments because that person complained about them, that counts as automatic proof they should be removed and JP gets notified, so don't hold out on posting because you think they'll limit you...

[1]

General

First post of the topic

Hexicube 12 years ago
  There's been some arguments lately on the chat about who should be an admin, so I've made this topic to try and settle it. Basically, say who you think should be admin for BL(as many as you want), and I'll consider all proposals, but there are rules for suggestions:
1. All suggestions MUST have a fair amount of evidence to back it up, you can't suggest someone because they have a cool name
2. No suggesting friends/family, even if they are good potential candidates
3. No arguments on this topic about people's opinions or suggestions, the idea is to be as unbiased as possible
4. No suggesting the same person twice(for obvious reasons)
Oh, and this includes current admins(apart from JP of course), but the reverse applies. You instead suggest reasons they should NOT be admins, and if any admin is found to be removing people's comments because that person complained about them, that counts as automatic proof they should be removed and JP gets notified, so don't hold out on posting because you think they'll limit you...
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg