Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BonusLevel rating error

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Logarem 1 year ago
  Message removed...
Mmmmmm 3 years ago
  Message removed...
benjamin2 12 years ago
  Oh, I never knew. It does cause quite a bit of damage at the top rated though considering there are about 100 levels (of Blockoban) rated 5/5.
gameinsky 12 years ago
  This was known a long time ago, but JP never got around to fix it because it causes minimal damage.
benjamin2 12 years ago
  I noticed an error with the rating system that may take 5/5 rated levels down from the top rated place.

First, take any level that is rated 5/5 and has more than one vote already. Then rate it 5. The rating will stay at 5/5. Then change your vote to something below 5. Then change your rating back to five. The new rating is 4.999/5, not 5/5.

So when you change your vote, you make it fall slightly!

[1]

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

benjamin2 12 years ago
  I noticed an error with the rating system that may take 5/5 rated levels down from the top rated place.

First, take any level that is rated 5/5 and has more than one vote already. Then rate it 5. The rating will stay at 5/5. Then change your vote to something below 5. Then change your rating back to five. The new rating is 4.999/5, not 5/5.

So when you change your vote, you make it fall slightly!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg