Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Astro Breaker - Notice

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

manufan 11 years ago
  I know.

Astro Breaker Real was created ages ago for testing the API. I will use it to create my new Astro Breaker, seeing as I don't want to delete all the levels. JP can delete the old game when I'm done.

Also, have you looked at the Paddle.as?
SimonM 11 years ago
  That's not what I meant, you now have 2 games on BL, Astro Breaker and Astro Breaker real. And that's not good, you could have replaced the files in the old game with the new files. And it will work.
manufan 11 years ago
  That was created ages ago for something else. And also, I will not accept old levels with the old art. :P

Also Simon, I have the files on bl_shared, under the directory "Astro Breaker". My Paddle.as enterFrameEvents function won't work. Could you possibly help me?
SimonM 11 years ago
  You didn't need to make a second game, you can sort of replace your old game in BL with new files and new swf to make it completely different.
manufan 11 years ago
  Astro Breaker is being re-made as of today in a better format, language and also at a better time. It seems as if the game was poorly planned, and at the time, I had never gone beyond the limits of Actionscript 2.0 and Javascript.

Now, as I delve deeper into programming and Actionscript, it seems as if Actionscript 3.0 would be the better option. To most of you, it sounds like jargon, and you will just want me to finish this paragraph right now.

So, before I get any more carried-away with this whole notice thing, I would like to apologise for the inconvienience this is going to cause. I might also have to abandon the old game, as the art will become complex, with Bitmap Images instead of hand-drawn squares.

"When will I be finished?" is probably the question on all of your minds. I will be finished in about 3 weeks time, but that is not definite. Infact, it could take us (Treazer and I, since he is the artist) ages. I also have school starting on the 6th of September, and god knows if I'll get it all done by that stage.

I'd like to thank you for your support and time, and I will post any updates below.

Updates
[18/08/12] Manufan to start work on Astro Breaker

[1]

Flash game development

First post of the topic

manufan 11 years ago
  Astro Breaker is being re-made as of today in a better format, language and also at a better time. It seems as if the game was poorly planned, and at the time, I had never gone beyond the limits of Actionscript 2.0 and Javascript.

Now, as I delve deeper into programming and Actionscript, it seems as if Actionscript 3.0 would be the better option. To most of you, it sounds like jargon, and you will just want me to finish this paragraph right now.

So, before I get any more carried-away with this whole notice thing, I would like to apologise for the inconvienience this is going to cause. I might also have to abandon the old game, as the art will become complex, with Bitmap Images instead of hand-drawn squares.

"When will I be finished?" is probably the question on all of your minds. I will be finished in about 3 weeks time, but that is not definite. Infact, it could take us (Treazer and I, since he is the artist) ages. I also have school starting on the 6th of September, and god knows if I'll get it all done by that stage.

I'd like to thank you for your support and time, and I will post any updates below.

Updates
[18/08/12] Manufan to start work on Astro Breaker
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg