Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Creating a Flash Game

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

SimonM 10 years ago
  Normally it should not be a problem to learn Actionscript 3 if you already know Java and C#.
gameinsky 10 years ago
  Sadly Java and C# will be of little use here. Flash gañes require the actionscript language. Like the others said, AS3 is heavily recommended.
Valarnable 10 years ago
  I've learned Java and C# and yes, I have created a program with 2 languages.
SimonM 10 years ago
  Then it shouldn't be that hard to learn Actionscript 3. Have you ever created a program with the 2 other programming languages? What are the languages? Java?
Valarnable 10 years ago
  I've already learned two object oriented programming languages so I've got that of the list.
SimonM 10 years ago
  In order to make a flash game you have to learn Actionscript. I advise you to use Actionscript 3 as it is the newest and better. Official AS3 page (start with the fundamentals)
For the programs you need a IDE: an Integrated Development Environment. You have 2 choices:
1) Flash CC (a very expensive program)
2) FlashDevelop (an awesome free program)
There might be more, but they are less known and less documented, so harder to learn to work with it.

When you start making the game you also need images/sprites. So you'll need a graphics editing program. Search the net for good graphics programs. I for instance use Gimp 2.6, but some people use paint.net or others like photoshop. Such programs take some to get used to.

Before you go into all of this, I suggest you read something what programming languages are and how they work, especially object oriented programming.
Valarnable 10 years ago
  Hi, I would just like to know the tools to build a game,
the programming language I need to learn, what I need to have implemented, etc.

[1]

Flash game development

First post of the topic

Valarnable 10 years ago
  Hi, I would just like to know the tools to build a game,
the programming language I need to learn, what I need to have implemented, etc.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg