Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Do we still have use for contests?

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

CubixIII 9 years ago
  @SuperMario I thought he was a he first, then I saw his name and thought he was a she. I couldn't decide :(
SimonM 9 years ago
  What if you would let the community choose a theme, no one asked for a collab contest, but we still got one.

Contest are useful, but collab contest are harder, because you would have 1 level per 2 or more players instead of 1 level per person and players depend on the activity of other players(as my partner went inactive).
gameinsky 9 years ago
  It's not about the making them last longer.
If people are not motivated to make levels within the imposed limit of 2 months, extending the time won't help.
SuperMario 9 years ago
  geez, Elizea is a he, for god's sake.
CubixIII 9 years ago
  Ha, ha, Miss Sarc S. Am.

We could keep contests, but make them last longer. This will give people time to finish their levels, or be able to remember in time to submit them.

We could also make collabs that don't need to be for a contest. Is that ok with you guys?
Elizea 9 years ago
  As some of you may have seen, the collab contest 2014 was a huge success as an astonishing amount of 0 levels were submitted to the contest, and even after almost 2 months no one has entered a level for it.

Anyway, do people still wish to see contests in the future or should we just accept that bonuslevel isn't as active as it used to be and it would be impractical to host contests anymore because no one is willing to make levels for them?

Please for the sake of discussion say if you would like to see contests AND if you were to actually create levels for them IF we still host them.

There is no point in having contests if there aren't several people who would make levels for them.

[<<] [1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

Elizea 9 years ago
  As some of you may have seen, the collab contest 2014 was a huge success as an astonishing amount of 0 levels were submitted to the contest, and even after almost 2 months no one has entered a level for it.

Anyway, do people still wish to see contests in the future or should we just accept that bonuslevel isn't as active as it used to be and it would be impractical to host contests anymore because no one is willing to make levels for them?

Please for the sake of discussion say if you would like to see contests AND if you were to actually create levels for them IF we still host them.

There is no point in having contests if there aren't several people who would make levels for them.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg