Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Who wants to try out the Otomata music tool?

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

CubixIII 9 years ago
  I think this tool should be used for, like, music on games in progress.
pig 9 years ago
  http://www.earslap.com/projectslab/otomata/?q=10_12_175_163453251633721431161723073811700871782383501100013182

I call that: What's the plan?

Sorry for not linking
CubixIII 9 years ago
  Pluto
th3m00n 9 years ago
  one
two
gamelover101 9 years ago
  amidst

chaos
SuperMario 9 years ago
  Relaxium
CubixIII 9 years ago
  There is no option for combining patterns one after the other, though I wish there was. :(
The_S 9 years ago
  Nice tool. I made something
It sounds good on some other scales too.

Edit: 2 more - one random and one not random.

Its a pity there is no option to combine 2 or 3 paterns one after another (or I cant find it?)
CubixIII 9 years ago
  Ah, I see you found circuli!

I was going to put a forum topic for that, but it seems you beat me!

I like both of Treazer's songs.

Plus, since we're now discussing Circuli as well, That one is a bit harder to control so it's a bit harder to find a good sounding song. But if you get it right, you can make some great sounding beats.

Have a link!
Treazer 9 years ago
  Here's another one again :)
gamelover101 9 years ago
  idk

edit: the folks behind Otomata also make other music generators too! link and here
Treazer 9 years ago
  Made another one :D
CubixIII 9 years ago
  I like it :)

So I promised an advanced tutorial, but you guys seem to understand already...

bdaf

and...

ywzu

Lol, the two names for those songs were opposite positions on the alphabet, because they are the same thing, except each cell is reversed in direction.
Treazer 9 years ago
  I made this :)
CubixIII 9 years ago
  I liked "Reds attack" and "And this."

Falling Free

This song is basically a tune with a long tune at the beginning then a loop for the end. Try to listen to it until you can tell where the loop is to get the full music experience.

another thing
CubixIII 9 years ago
  There's this cellular automata/music creator called Otomata, it makes some cool music, and you can try it out and post links to your songs here.

To use it:
1. Click an empty spot.
2. Click it multiple times to set the direction it will go (up, down, left, right).
2A. Click once for up, 2x for right, 3x for down, and 4x for left. Clicking the cell a fifth time will delete it. To delete everything, click the "Clear" button.
3. Repeat as desired on any spot you want.
4. Click "Play."
Advanced tutorial will be posted soon.
Link: here

You can find an example I did here.

[1]

General

First post of the topic

CubixIII 9 years ago
  There's this cellular automata/music creator called Otomata, it makes some cool music, and you can try it out and post links to your songs here.

To use it:
1. Click an empty spot.
2. Click it multiple times to set the direction it will go (up, down, left, right).
2A. Click once for up, 2x for right, 3x for down, and 4x for left. Clicking the cell a fifth time will delete it. To delete everything, click the "Clear" button.
3. Repeat as desired on any spot you want.
4. Click "Play."
Advanced tutorial will be posted soon.
Link: here

You can find an example I did here.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg