Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Goodbye BonusLevel...

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

chris3000 9 years ago
  We will miss you Gary.
totallyepicdude321 9 years ago
  D: my childhood memories... are dying... D":
Gamemaster 9 years ago
  Wow, I just remembered this place after 3 years. I recognize some of the usernames. Brings back some memories. I was really hoping BL would be a lot bigger by now. It's tragic that it has stagnated
totallyepicdude321 9 years ago
  i remember about 3-4 years ago when i first played rolling turtle here, i loved the game, then i stopped for a couple of years and came back to the game when i remembered the game... so many people were around and so many unique levels existed back then...
CamoDragoon 9 years ago
  Ditto to what GIS said. Safe to say you'll live on in your official levels and with a legacy of being an unbelievably clever and insane puzzle-level designer lol.

Hope to see you again someday... o7 (<--this is a salute lol)

SPOILER
gameinsky 9 years ago
  Garygoh884, we salute you.
Garygoh884 9 years ago
  To everyone on BL, I'm sorry to say that I won't be visiting this site much often due to its rarity of updates, such as the standstill number of games available publicly, delayed feature implementations and less frequent approval of new levels. And with those, all I can say that BonusLevel.org is now an abandoned theme park. It was attractive to newcomers but not as of now. After all, by posting this message onto the forums, it marked the end of my frequent visiting of this site - I'm done playing all the games available on this site. Now all of the games here - as I thought - all are ancient. I'm not visiting this site anymore, but very rarely to visit again just to read the new messages.

In the early months of BL, game development was the mission of attracting developers alongside with the flexible BonusLevel-powered API. With BonusLevel.org as a provider for community-based Flash games, it was appealing towards game developers around the globe. Ironically the framework was too narrow as the developers concluded this interface had a limited scope.

As many months passed by, this site was commonplace for level gameplay and creations from users. Years passed. A few number of games publicized, and level creations were more practical than game development via the API. As time passed on my stay on BL, this site was becoming an old, haunted mansion. There weren't any updates for approximately 4 years straight - and ultimately I assumed that BonusLevel was a façade - it's the reason of leaving BonusLevel.org.

This does not mark the conclusion of BonusLevel.org history. However we believe that BonusLevel is still survivable over the years but yet it's not at all appealing. Before I end this, I'd like to receive future updates on this site. If there's anything major such as publications of great, 2014-like games,feel free to send me a PM. Thanks for reading this message and I hope that BonusLevel would continue to sustain its survival with time.

-- Garygoh884

[1]

General

First post of the topic

Garygoh884 9 years ago
  To everyone on BL, I'm sorry to say that I won't be visiting this site much often due to its rarity of updates, such as the standstill number of games available publicly, delayed feature implementations and less frequent approval of new levels. And with those, all I can say that BonusLevel.org is now an abandoned theme park. It was attractive to newcomers but not as of now. After all, by posting this message onto the forums, it marked the end of my frequent visiting of this site - I'm done playing all the games available on this site. Now all of the games here - as I thought - all are ancient. I'm not visiting this site anymore, but very rarely to visit again just to read the new messages.

In the early months of BL, game development was the mission of attracting developers alongside with the flexible BonusLevel-powered API. With BonusLevel.org as a provider for community-based Flash games, it was appealing towards game developers around the globe. Ironically the framework was too narrow as the developers concluded this interface had a limited scope.

As many months passed by, this site was commonplace for level gameplay and creations from users. Years passed. A few number of games publicized, and level creations were more practical than game development via the API. As time passed on my stay on BL, this site was becoming an old, haunted mansion. There weren't any updates for approximately 4 years straight - and ultimately I assumed that BonusLevel was a façade - it's the reason of leaving BonusLevel.org.

This does not mark the conclusion of BonusLevel.org history. However we believe that BonusLevel is still survivable over the years but yet it's not at all appealing. Before I end this, I'd like to receive future updates on this site. If there's anything major such as publications of great, 2014-like games,feel free to send me a PM. Thanks for reading this message and I hope that BonusLevel would continue to sustain its survival with time.

-- Garygoh884
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg