Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "Don't Even Try.", game "Captain Dan v Zombie Plan"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

manufan 8 years ago
  You can still view and play rejected levels. I found it as it was previously commented on by Treazer and yourself. Rejected levels are not part of the game though as you cannot save your score. (Treazer saved his before the levels rejection).
funguy161 8 years ago
  By The Way, manufan, How Did You Find My Level Without The Link? It WAS Rejected...
manufan 8 years ago
  Treazer you have a point there. Remember, quality not quantity, short and sweet is ideal. :)
Treazer 8 years ago
  It isn't always the best to look at the official levels, because they often are really old and the quality standards were way lower back then.
MatthijsM 8 years ago
  Also a good advice is to play many levels too. You can see why some of the levels are official for a reason. They are great made.
funguy161 8 years ago
  Thanks! :)
manufan 8 years ago
  Funguy, do not be downhearted by the fact that your level has been rejected.

My advice would be to start small with your levels, and do not try to use the whole area. There's a phrase - "Quality over Quantity". The balance is key, and you will learn with time.

Some of the camera zombies here are not required as the zombies (at least when I played the level) ran round the corner and flooded me.

I agree with Treazer about the level name. "Don't Even Try" is a bit too informal for the site and is unoriginal. Punctuation is also not necessary (apostrophes are) and so you can have those extra characters.

To sum up, it was a solid effort for a first level, but unfortunately it didn't quite make the grade. :)

You can either edit this one or make new ones. My advice is to start small and maybe even on another game like BLockoban, as it is easy to create good quality levels.

Persevere, and never give up. We were all new once, and I had a lot of rejected levels when I started out! :)
funguy161 8 years ago
  Sorry To Hear :(
And About Putting The Gun At The Start, It Was Because With This Many Zombies, It Would Be Too Hard.
I Will Try To Update It. Also, That Was NOT The First Title.
Treazer 8 years ago
  I'm sorry, but I have to reject this level, funguy161.

As you're a new level designer, I can explain what's wrong with it.

The concept of this level is not very good, it only involves running around and shooting all the zombies quickly so you don't die. Cameras find you, zombies hunt you, medics revive them. It's simply shooting around.
Better would be to sneak around the zombies to get the gun and then kill all the zombies one by one efficiently without getting noticed.
This is just one example how the level could have been better.
Furthermore, the level is messy and doesn't look very good; the cameras are randomly placed around and so are the remaining zombies. Setting clean paths instead of placing path points somewhere would be an improvement.
Something similar is the design; you go out of a small room into a big squared room without places to hide or similar.
Also, a somewhat smaller issue is the title. It is unoriginal and doesn't represent the level very well. It's like calling your level "Shoot the Zombies!" or "Very Hard." or similar.

I hope you are able to make use of my feedback and will make new and better levels for this game. :)

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "Don't Even Try."

About Level "Don't Even Try."

First post of the topic

Treazer 8 years ago
  I'm sorry, but I have to reject this level, funguy161.

As you're a new level designer, I can explain what's wrong with it.

The concept of this level is not very good, it only involves running around and shooting all the zombies quickly so you don't die. Cameras find you, zombies hunt you, medics revive them. It's simply shooting around.
Better would be to sneak around the zombies to get the gun and then kill all the zombies one by one efficiently without getting noticed.
This is just one example how the level could have been better.
Furthermore, the level is messy and doesn't look very good; the cameras are randomly placed around and so are the remaining zombies. Setting clean paths instead of placing path points somewhere would be an improvement.
Something similar is the design; you go out of a small room into a big squared room without places to hide or similar.
Also, a somewhat smaller issue is the title. It is unoriginal and doesn't represent the level very well. It's like calling your level "Shoot the Zombies!" or "Very Hard." or similar.

I hope you are able to make use of my feedback and will make new and better levels for this game. :)
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg