Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Auto generating top ten lists

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

SimonM 7 years ago
  I've made a similar program, not yet fully functional, but I abandoned it, due lack of time. The program however stripped the information directly from the html file on the BL site. My intention was to have a view of who made how many levels on each game (instead of the total given on the site). I searched this kind of urls: 'http://www.bonuslevel.org/games/level_XXXXX.html' and 'http://www.bonuslevel.org/users/profile_XXXX.html'.
gameinsky 7 years ago
  Superdog made a program similar to this, maybe he'd be interested?
svartgryning 7 years ago
  Last year I tried Ubuntu and its terminal. Thats not important but while playing around with its function I found that with one string of commands it is possible to download all the level information in html format.
It contained:
-Top 50 scores
-The level creator
-Difficulty
-Level id
-Number of comments
-Name of the game
-Rating
Basically everything but I might have forgot to mention some.
With this we could for example make some cool top ten list for ether a single game or all of BL, like:
-Most high scores
-Most unique high scores
-Most commented levels
-Top commentators
And so forth.

Sadly I never learned how to automatically strip out the information from the html file and now realizing I never will get the time to do so my hope is that someone here know how and have the time and interest to do that. Once the information wanted is striped out it should be fairly easy to automatically compile the lists of choice.

[1]

General

First post of the topic

svartgryning 7 years ago
  Last year I tried Ubuntu and its terminal. Thats not important but while playing around with its function I found that with one string of commands it is possible to download all the level information in html format.
It contained:
-Top 50 scores
-The level creator
-Difficulty
-Level id
-Number of comments
-Name of the game
-Rating
Basically everything but I might have forgot to mention some.
With this we could for example make some cool top ten list for ether a single game or all of BL, like:
-Most high scores
-Most unique high scores
-Most commented levels
-Top commentators
And so forth.

Sadly I never learned how to automatically strip out the information from the html file and now realizing I never will get the time to do so my hope is that someone here know how and have the time and interest to do that. Once the information wanted is striped out it should be fairly easy to automatically compile the lists of choice.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg