Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level creator school

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 15 years ago
  Why not do a video of yourself doing them all, not sure about interactive tho. Use somik like camstudio.
jp 15 years ago
  Yeah very good idea, but very long to do this. I'm too much busy with the site and the games, so I'm sure I can't do such a thing in my short spare time. But if somebody can do such a thin (in flash I guess), I will host it on the site for sure.
oh_bebe 15 years ago
  It would be cool if you had to do a series of tests that teaches you how to build a neat level before you are allowed to build one. Like a interactive video thing. I have no idea how you would make this tho.
But for example, you would have a video say draw a line right to left, showing you how to do it. Then you do it in the level creator, and when you do it, you go on to the next step of the lesson.
That would probably be really hard to make tho.. idk
jp 15 years ago
  Alex, what is exactly your idea of the Level creator school ?
You mean the school is just this topic or you would like a website, a blog or anything else ?
You can create a community blog about level design if you wish. But I suggest you to convince the best level desigenrs here ^_^
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  Hm... I think i would be hard to make a level creator school if it has to be one where you can subscribe, and watch what the teacher do. How did you imagine this should be done if it was accepted?
alex98779 15 years ago
  oh that 1!
heloo anyone coming back here?
sorry about this jp but could you please help us on this, please :(
Jac1 15 years ago
  That showed how to edit.
alex98779 15 years ago
  Iamstormtrooper did a level like what?
Jac1 15 years ago
  Iamstormtrooper did a level like that!
alex98779 15 years ago
  i didn't have the idea of calling an admin but thanx for coming jp plus could you give us some ideas for some levels? Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaassseeeeee
jp 15 years ago
  Usually I always read the new forum topics but yuo can't call for an adimn if really you need our opinion.

I think the "level creator school" is a great concept. But I really don't have time to take care of this.

There is a lot to say about designing levels with BL editors, but there is also a lot to say about level design in general. There is a lot of books on the subject.
Jac1 15 years ago
  Maybe you could call for an admin, but that would be a bit risky...
alex98779 15 years ago
  never mind. try to jp to come to this topic
alex98779 15 years ago
  Ok but keep this topic up? Have you found your wii number?
Jac1 15 years ago
  On the bottom of the screen when you click on the path (wit the spanner). Look around and you'll find it.
alex98779 15 years ago
  witch + where is it found plus how do you paths? I was half expecting JP to join this!
Jac1 15 years ago
  OK here's how you do paths:
1)Place a path on the map
2)Take the spanner (tool) and click on the path
3)Click on the + to place a new node
4)Click on it again and drag the new node to select the length and direction of the path
5)Select the object/s you want to move
6)If you want the path to be activated by a switch, select "start type" to "switch". Then a button with a red sqare should appear. Click on it then click on the switch

To stop paths correctly:
Clich 3 times on + instead of 2
Drag the last node very close to the second node and set the speed of the last not to 0

If you still don't understand, look in the Edit tab.
alex98779 15 years ago
  the really stupid thing is that my parents don't let me on you tube it really bites!
Jac1 15 years ago
  Check out these tutorials on YouTube:
Rolling Turtle Path Tutorial
How To Stop Paths
alex98779 15 years ago
  i don't even know how to make invisible lines and path lies!
Jac1 15 years ago
  Yes, very good idea!
I might have created a lot of levels but I haven't really got the hang of that "right-left and not left-rigt lines" technique.
alex98779 15 years ago
  Hey I think we should have a Level creator school. A few of the bonus level guys are not that good at making levels.

[1]

General

First post of the topic

alex98779 15 years ago
  Hey I think we should have a Level creator school. A few of the bonus level guys are not that good at making levels.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg