Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level Designing Tips

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Fanta-Freak 15 years ago
  a think sillius learned me... always make a line from right to left!
lololol 15 years ago
  Instead of using other peoples ideas use you'r own. if you make it fun and original, there will be a bigger chance for it to get official than if it was a unoriginal level or if your where using another ones idea.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  the design is almost always simple but the idea is original , look at those official levels, they're almost all simple of design
Jac1 15 years ago
  Find an original idea. It's OK (kind of) if it has been used once, but if more, it starts to get unoriginal. Expriment a bit with the level editor, and try to find good ideas, glitches, ect...
And rememer, try to keep your level fun.
Sillius 15 years ago
  I always make some challenges and when I know I can complete them every time (or something near) I'll create some more and then I insert checkpoints if needed.

Background lines is a must when you create a level. If there AREN'T any background lines then the level can look a bit lame...

As some of you may have noticed I stick to 1 level making style... I always create levels in a tube or without where much free space to move on. I think it's important to find just the style that suits you by trying different things and then choose the style you think it's easiest to work with.

By doing that you can start to improve the quality of your maps and then be sure all of your maps will be great.
oh_bebe 15 years ago
  POST ANY TIPS FOR DESIGNING AN AWESOME, ACCEPTABLE LEVEL!

When making a level, test it SEVERAL times, dying on purpose at different times to test different scenarios from different checkpoints, etc. and to make sure your paths line up perfectly! =D

[1]

General

First post of the topic

oh_bebe 15 years ago
  POST ANY TIPS FOR DESIGNING AN AWESOME, ACCEPTABLE LEVEL!

When making a level, test it SEVERAL times, dying on purpose at different times to test different scenarios from different checkpoints, etc. and to make sure your paths line up perfectly! =D
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg