Play the games, create the levels

Topic, I want my level to be official!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  the only reason i try to make my levels official is because of the design guru award, and its a nice fealing to find your levels official.
1jase 14 years ago
  yes but there can never be enugh official levels
Hexicube 14 years ago
  ellemennt, use [lvlid = 6033](without spaces) for a level.
Elizea 14 years ago
  yup, but levels that ''only'' get to accepted are played a few days and people are like ''omgz make it official!'' and after it every1 will forget whole level... thats why i vote for the mustplay thing idea:)
Jster95 14 years ago
  yeah no need to rush the official wagon.
there are already alot of official levels (at least for rolling turtle) i don't think that we need to make every other level official.
Ellemennt75 14 years ago
  Thats how I feel.

3 or 4 people said my "Leaf Blower" (http://www.bonuslevel.org/games/game_rolling-turtle_5.html#lvlid_6033) level should be official, but not its not getting any comments and isn't being played.
kngdmhrts2 14 years ago
  I'm in no rush at all if any of the levels i make become official, even though i've only made 2 so far...im more happy that my 2 levels are being played at all =D
Elizea 14 years ago
  a few levels should earn that rank easily (Balancing Act...)
Friend 14 years ago
  Hmmmm...

"hardcore levels"

Good idea.
Elizea 14 years ago
  what if there would be a few (5?) people who would choose those must play levels? or ''hardcore levels'' that would be just those hardest levels, there could be people like jondelee or cheese9 (the 1st ones i found from the tab in frontpage of rolling turtle) choosing levels, as i think he can beat nearly any level if they arent impossible :)
as its a fact that people want their levels official and nearly all good levels that dont get the official thing will be forgotten really fast (for my opinion ofc). when officials are colored yellow and accepteds blue, the mustplay levels could be like green or something... it would be really cool as many of the levels that dont get accepted are very good, and as the officials are chosen by Jp so we have to trust hes taste (well what i have noticed is that he likes to set easier levels to officials before hard ones, and when im trying to make levels that people would like, i have to make them challenging = not official, and they will be forgotten in a few days, but they are truly epic and should be somehow highlighted from normal accepted levels.

but, there would be one misspoint, if level wouldnt get to mustplay level, some people would even wanna try them as they arent one of the best stages and you prefer to play those mustplay levels as they are usually better ones.. so then people would start to be like ''omgz make this mustplay!''.

ooh i did it kinda long, sorry if i wasted your time a few mins...
lololol 14 years ago
  yeah, but people TRY to make there level official and start adding many unnessesary things to the level. official levels is made by many people who Didn't try to make the level official, but to entertain people with it. this is not about who made most official levels, because it obviusly Captain_404 (lol).
Shiro 14 years ago
  That's true...
1jase 14 years ago
  Well I think why alot of people want there levels to be official is because they feel like that they accomplished something.
Shiro 14 years ago
  @Jp, this will probably be over soon since you're going to add the 'vote for official' button, right?
Fanta-Freak 14 years ago
  JP i think about... for complete a map you get 1 EXP but if you make a level you only get 5?? thats not much :´( for making a level
jp 14 years ago
  Yes oh_bebe is right it's alot of pressure on the game author because everbody want to make their level official.
I think it's because it's a kind of reward for the level.

I'm a little bit furstrated myself because there are now so many great levels that I wish to highkight but I can't make them all official. Captain_404 had suggested to create new categories of approved levels. Something like "approved", "front page", "top level", "official".

I think also we should have on front page an "editor picks" every week for example. Somebody who plays every levels could be responsible to select the "must play" levels of the week.
MooKings 14 years ago
  Well for me, I just wanted 1 official because of the achievement!
oh_bebe 14 years ago
  Why do a lot of people try so hard to make their level official? Yes, it means your level is one of the best, but if it's not official, it's not a big deal. Why not just work on another one? =D

[1]

General

First post of the topic

oh_bebe 14 years ago
  Why do a lot of people try so hard to make their level official? Yes, it means your level is one of the best, but if it's not official, it's not a big deal. Why not just work on another one? =D
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg