Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "Three Little Games", game "BLockoban"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Jos 14 years ago
  ToughMan, the category is only a detail, I think, that I quickly choose at the end of making a level.
oldmtnguy 14 years ago
  ToughMan, I agree that ratings should not be based on the difficulty of the solution. There are kids levels that I consider a five as well as those I can't solve. We need designers to provide levels of all kinds, not just mind benders. That will allow players and designers of all skills to stay in the game and not get discouraged.
ToughMan 14 years ago
  I guess you are right gameinsky. I thought I was doing that with all these msgs. Thnx.
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Ask that to JP, the game creator...
ToughMan 14 years ago
  I'll follow your advice ELizea but as already stated in previous messages it would be pretty nice to be able to both rate and categorize a level by voting. That way the designer would never be penalized but instead would be able to get a higher rating but in a lower level. But that's just my proposal. For example beneath the 5 stars you could add four stars (i.e. first for kids, 2nd for easy third for medium and 4th for hard). It would then be more accurate if voted by players. And please make sure we can see the level category when actually playing the game. I think it would improve the game, the rating, the fun. Thanks for hearing me out.
Elizea 14 years ago
  Toughman, don't rate levels low because they are categorized wrong, I change/choose them pretty often, and the designer shouldn't be punished for this.
Jyxz 14 years ago
  personally i think the only category that even matters is whether its "kids" or not... when its an official level its nice to be able to order them but...
ToughMan 14 years ago
  I understand that ELizea. What i was trying to say to Jos who complained for the 2/5 rating, was that I thought that it was medium category (probably you intervened in the meantime, no matter though) and found it extremely unchallenging for medium category. For kids level though it is great. Having said that and knowing that i only rate after i play a game to have a full view of the level, it would be useful to have the Level's Category visible at all times like the added mute button (as this is a main factor to raters) instead of trying to find the level and then its category. However, if it already exists i apologize but haven't found this yet. And btw, i figured just how you got confused.Talking about the 'Update by the Admins' i wasn't talking about the category per se (as you clearly explained). Iwas talking about the Visibility of Each Level's Category Update (that is when actually playing the game i.e. along with the blue, yellow square), like what JP did with the Mute Buttons. Hope it is clear now.
Elizea 14 years ago
  Toughman, the level category is chosen my be designer, but if I disagree with the category the designer has chosen, I change it to better one (as it is hard to say how hard own level is as you know how to do it already).
ToughMan 14 years ago
  Sorry Jos...my bad. The rating was based on the assumption that it was a medium level. [Rerated]. Btw, am i missing the Level category when actually playing a level or should it be updated by the admins? It will definitely make our life easier when rating..cause i usually rate after i finish a game...and therefore usually forget the category.
Jos 14 years ago
  Ok., it's maybe a little bit too difficult for a kid.
2/5? Is it so bad?
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Honestly, this should be medium.
Elizea 14 years ago
  Jos, this might be 'kids' for you, but imagine a 7-years old kid trying to complete it.

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "Three Little Games"

About Level "Three Little Games"

First post of the topic

Elizea 14 years ago
  Jos, this might be 'kids' for you, but imagine a 7-years old kid trying to complete it.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg