Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "Static Skybase", game "Jump Gear 2"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Coolguy52 3 years ago
  Indeed, the main key is in the first shortcut, and doing that as smoothly as possible... 'Not dying' is actually important in two ways for this one, the obvious way being if you die, you'll lose time but also dying a lot at one section over your attempts is not great. Consistency is key for these levels with crazy shortcuts. My consistency with the first one I estimate to be about 20%, similar with the second shortcut. That alone means that on average, only 4% of runs will be completed, and usually it wouldn't be a PB. Factor in all the other tricky bits and this number can jump into the hundreds easily. However, if you have consistency like supergeek claimed of 2% on the first shortcut, then implementing the second is impractical, as only 2% of runs even make it to the switch section. Improved consistency is what I believe set apart supergeek's 55k and Dynamo's 61k set not long after. As Dynamo got more runs to that point, they could be optimised further.
chris3000 3 years ago
  I guess not dying and trying to memorize the layout of the level is the way of getting a good time here.
Coolguy52 3 years ago
  Wow I did both shortcuts in a 'run'. I died twice unfortunately and got a score of 55,400. I think my quick line descent was very unoptimal.

EDIT: 65k with both shortcuts. I can see 66k definitely. 67k feels out there too but I could be going mad ;)
chris3000 4 years ago
  I have some serious improving to do here.
Coolguy52 4 years ago
  I get the first trick a lot more than I thought I would - I think it’s just a matter of playing a lot until you land it so many times. I’ve landed the second one once or twice, but I either stun or bounce straight off. The advantage is definitely there for anyone mad enough to attempt it. Good luck to you two, I’m definitely giving it a crack again myself soon!
Dynamo 4 years ago
  Woohoo!! PD is back, I can finally get back into JG again! Time to get some more highscores! Thanks for the tip as well, I'll try out that second shortcut... if I can even make it to there again... xP
Coolguy52 4 years ago
  Great find! I think something like 67k would be possible in theory - I have never properly landed that second trick though! Also noticed your gains today - this is definitely making me nervous...
PineappleDude 4 years ago
  This shortcut is really hard :-o

Edit: okay started getting it here and there, now I just gotta complete the level :p Btw I think you guys are missing out on a faster shortcut. Just after the downwards 'tunnel' you can power jump on the quick line and jump straight to the next checkpoint :) Challenging to do both shortcuts though - I have yet to do it.
Dynamo 4 years ago
  I can't even land this shortcut anymore rip, I'm so out of practise with the officials, I've been focussing a lot on RT and Push recently. I wish I could replicate your Wonders of JG highscore because that alone brings me another 10k closer...
Coolguy52 4 years ago
  Much better score - got me the 8.9M, but I'm sure you guys can do 64k. I finally mastered that shortcut, and I'm fairly happy with this 63k!
Coolguy52 4 years ago
  Didn't think I'd ever get the highscore here. Mediocre descent and not enough flips - but very good shortcut. I'm too inconsistent to go for 62k or 63k - though both seem very possible.
popo2 4 years ago
  That I realized I needed another big improvement, and I got it!
PineappleDude 5 years ago
  I also have a solid 27k to gain here.. :o
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  That's the best I can do without the shortcut - I'll have to try to master the shortcut too...
popo2 5 years ago
  Almost 5 seconds improvement to get 8.225M in the game!
kalina200 5 years ago
  Shortcut! GG!
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Nice! I suck at the shortcut xD
Dynamo 5 years ago
  Finally mastered the shortcut with another lovely little highscore!
popo2 5 years ago
  I even managed to improve my ranking to 3rd!
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Well done!
LadersHD 5 years ago
  OMG! Did it in time!
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Nice!
Mandy 5 years ago
  OMG! Beated!
Coolguy52 6 years ago
  44k without the shortcut - would have made me third without it (My 44.9K did use the shortcut - I got 44.1k this time)
Dynamo 6 years ago
  Oh wow, that's a difficult jump to master, congrats supergeek! Your perseverance reminds me of when I spent at least half a day trying to get 102 on Float in Air on RT after I figured out I could completely skip a jump if I timed my first jump perfectly, but then had to also get the star which was a massive pain to get, I wish people could see my high score on that after all the hard work it took...
popo2 6 years ago
  Alright, I just got into the Top 5!
popo2 6 years ago
  I've got that jump a total of a few times, too, but every jump, I failed to improve my score with that shortcut.
Coolguy52 6 years ago
  Wow! Lots of dedication you put in for the HS - took me about an hour to get that jump once. I've got it a total of five times now.
supergeek 6 years ago
  The space looked big enough to get the top of the car through and I figured if I timed it right I could keep the wheels away from the death lines. So I just kept trying for like 30 minutes lol, once I knew it was possible it took me another 3 hours or so to get the high score
Coolguy52 6 years ago
  Managed the jump :p That HS is pretty unbeatable for me xD I'm still confused as to how you even found that?

[1] [2]

Levels forum

Play Level "Static Skybase"

About Level "Static Skybase"

First post of the topic

Elizea 13 years ago
  A collab by me and allyally =] Enjoy!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg