Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Premium accounts, Should they be made?

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 14 years ago
  @DY
1. Pretty sure JP doesn't know C++
2. Flash has full-screen capabilities
Elizea 14 years ago
  If JP can make standalone versions of games to play on own computer, it would be cool. Some extra features like multiplayer (other one uses wasd to move) and they could have their own levels, and some could require multiple players.
demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  Did any one read my sugestion..
Bl could sell DOWNLOADABLE GAMES (15-20$ each) it would be like advanced versions of already existing BL games, How awsome would a full-screen multi-player jumpgear game with customizable cars be?
I would pay money for such a game. Since its not flash based, there could be alot of new posabilities.

I think by selling such games on BL, you could make more profit then by premium acounts. Not only would more people buy them then premium acounts, more people would be attracted to BL and you would receive more money from addvertisements.
allyally 14 years ago
  BL isn't well known enough for mechendise, I think to make money it really needs more apps!
minimariner 14 years ago
  A BL shirt would be a but strange i suppose lol.

So i don't really know. (lol you made me change my mind about everything that i said :O )
Elizea 14 years ago
  Yeah but will those then in the end do money.

If even wikipedia doesn't get enough donations anymore (according to JP) I don't think BL would get them either.

I am not personally interested of any BL IRL stuff (shirt etc) but some might be...

To get money from ads, people have to press them. If you say you are ok with them and then use a browser that blocks ads, what is the point of them?

Premium users idea has flaws too, and if there comes any better idea, I am going to support it =]
So far I haven't seen here better ideas.
minimariner 14 years ago
  Yes, Online Store; More Ads and Donations are fine for me :)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  1. it's "ads" not "adds"
2. all except for premium works 4 me
Elizea 14 years ago
  If there comes premium, it should not feel like being limited for others, that's for sure.

Also it shouldn't be something that makes prerium members look down normal members (like the golden name).

The ways to JP to get money from this site are so far
-Online store
-Premium accounts
-More ads
-Donations

More ideas? All of them have flaws, all of them, but let's see how many ideas we can find out and figure out which one works best.
minimariner 14 years ago
  Ok right, i'll get this straight, i might not know any reasons why i don't like premium, so i'll say it now.

I Agree Of What Gundu Said, I Do Not Play Games With Premium
gameinsky 14 years ago
  IF there is a premium member it should certainly no have one of the followig things:
Free exp.
Coins you can only get that way to buy nice (unusefull) stuff
Acces to new games
Other unfair things.

I played faunasphere, the only MMORPG and even game that I don't mind they made premium accounts, all you get is coins that you can recive from premium members as gift and theninvest in selling items on them.
An option to hide things that can disturb you while constructing.
More characters in total to play with.
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Nobody likes to have limited features! Do you think people would use Twitter or Facebook of you had to buy a premium account to get the most out of their websites?

I'm much happier buying JP's iPhone games, and clicking the adverts from time to time. The other thing I would be happy to do is buy some BL products such as t-shirts or mugs. It is very easy to set up an online store for this using a service like Zazzle.

The reason I would much rather do this is because I don't like to feel forced. If there is an online shop or an iPhone game I will happily buy it, but if we had to pay to get more features on the website it would be like I was being forced to spend my money.

(I vote against)

[edit]
What I'm trying to say is, there are lots of other ways for BL to make more money without making users feel limited or forced to pay.
murtaza64 14 years ago
  Yes... but there should be some sign that a user is premium...
gamelover101 14 years ago
  I think some of these features should be implemented for non-premium users
Hexicube 14 years ago
  why not just have something where you pay £1 a month to keep all your scores saved even if not in score list
lololol 14 years ago
  Elizea has a point :p
Elizea 14 years ago
  Only JP has colour in name atm (no one else) so why should we give golden name for someone who pays 10€?

And that isn't an useful feature, which premium users would actually want. It's feature just to show 'Hey, I am premium and you aren't HAH!', which you didn't want?
murtaza64 14 years ago
  ya brolling i mentioned that
Treazer 14 years ago
  I vote for. But i dont think there should be premium games just other features. And for premium why not an golden name? Not an golden P or so.
Elizea 14 years ago
  No features like that, those just make prerium vs normal gap bigger.

Customizable profile maybe...? (colours, background, own log...)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  no no no no no lol no cake premium lol roflmao no premium :D
AnnoyingOrange 14 years ago
  No, a little square with a P, just like Testers have a T, and Admins have G..
murtaza64 14 years ago
  Maybe... A golden shining P or they're message background had a different color...
Im 14 years ago
  Red... Isn't that for site admins or something?
What about a "P" between their names and avatars? xP
murtaza64 14 years ago
  Yes but I wouldn't want some people to feel bad. I think the only thing that's visible is that the name of the user is red or yellow or blue instead of white if he/she is premium. There could be other features... So I change my vote to Maybe.
Im 14 years ago
  I vote for. I don't see any problems, really.
"No, i don't think so, because i don't like sites with Premium and i think that bonuslevel is a great site. Some premium member might say 'Haha i'm premium and you are a free noob.' That's another reason why i don't like it."
Yeah, like that will ever happen on BL. They know that Elizea is itching for some limiting.

"Like if there was a Donate button, a Spreadshirt/zazzle page or even an address which I could deliver to, I would DONATE!"
Wouldn't it be better to donate AND get something for it?

"I say no. BonusLevel was made for people to log on for free. Premium accounts would ruin BL."
BL was made for Flash games with level editors. You are not forced to become a member. Why would the possibility to pay for awesome stuff, just like you do iPhone, DSi, and... Many other stuff ruin BL?

've got another reason why i hate premium:

"Because where-ever you find a link that sounds cool, you click it then a stupid message pops up like this:

Premium
Please upgrade to premium to access this page.
[Buy Premium: ###] <--- Buy Premium Button

Messages like those annoy me because i feel sad that i can't access a webpage or certain things that sound so cool."
jp isn't evil. Why should he do that?

"Shiro 16 hours ago
100% no...
gundu 17 hours ago
No for me too
minimariner 17 hours ago
Ok i give up but i still vote no."
I... No comment.
lololol 14 years ago
  I vote for. :p
murtaza66 14 years ago
  AGAINST! A-G-A-I-N-S-T!

I'll give lots of reasons later.

Like if there was a Donate button, a Spreadshirt/zazzle page or even an address which I could deliver to, I would DONATE!
Creedsanatomy 14 years ago
  not very many people BL if you had to pay for premium. so either way JP still wouldn't really make enough ;p
gamelover101 14 years ago
  bah, making those buttons are just nagging and plain annoying

[<<] [1] [2] [3]

General

First post of the topic

allyally 14 years ago
  There's been a lot of debate about wether premium accounts should be introduced, here you can vote for wether they should be made or not, and discuss the benifits and problems that might occur if they did exist,

| Votes |
For: 3
Against: 7
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg