Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "Streets of colors", game "BLockoban"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

ToughMan 13 years ago
  Nice level PA although you could avoid the code below. It makes it toooo easy...LOL.

Seriously now, I think it has become a great level with only a couple (millions) changes. That's what I call a good cover-up and a dedication to the game itself. Bravo!
Jyxz 13 years ago
  Alright I guess I owe it to you Paulo.. THIS LEVEL NEEDS TO BE ACCEPTED and here is why: It marks the conclusion of an important blockoban realization... Which is that it is possible to make levels that are extremely hard, but not good levels because they are just too complicated for humans; however now this level has an extremely clever code which appears easy, but is very tricky to figure out. It deserves to be accepted for now it is a level of beauty. Once a deeply buried treasure which we finally have the map to and we need to make like Pauloalex and dawn our pirate hats! ARRR THERE BE BOOTY AHOY!
MartinfraKongsberg 13 years ago
  17x17 = 289 (quite close to my score). I guess that's where I failed. I multiplied the codes...
pauloalex 13 years ago
  I apologize to all players. Before this level was very bit difficult and meaningless. But updated, and consider a level very interesting! Unfortunately this rejected. I think he could be accepted as it is a very good level!
chris3000 13 years ago
  I'll try my best on this but i have no clue how to start. Maybe i should try it when i'm ready.
pauloalex 13 years ago
  thanks. Your message already help.
Jyxz 13 years ago
  Well I don't want to tell admins how to do their job... but I certainly think the level deserves to be accepted, just figuring out how the code works is very fun... I do however think the level might be more accessible to players if the code was just SLIGHTLY clearer. It took me a while (but maybe I got it wrong cause it took me 18 moves and not 17 like you).

Ahh nvm: I got it with 17, was a simple mistake.
pauloalex 13 years ago
  congratz jyxz. Help me for this level is unrejected.
@Elizea, please, see another comments.
ToughMan 13 years ago
  29 moves the best i can do so far, again with outside help (white). I am going to bed hoping I dream of that solution. It seems I can only Trick the Colours rather than Street them...hehe
Jyxz 13 years ago
  Hahhaah paulo Im not sure if its intentionally but i figured out why the code wasn't working.
Jyxz 13 years ago
  Yeah I actually think this level could be unrejected with the edit... im assuming it is some code to solve it even if im having trouble figuring out the code exactly

I am actually really enjoying trying to figure out your map paulo even if its extremely hard.
Elizea 13 years ago
  Toughman, you can save scores on rejected levels when playing them on a pack.
pauloalex 13 years ago
  under blocks is map of solution
ToughMan 13 years ago
  How on earth did you save your score Martin? Btw, i did it on 30 moves with a white help, but still not easy.
MartinfraKongsberg 13 years ago
  @paulo: Simple????????

I guess there's something I've overseen...
pauloalex 13 years ago
  I upgraded the level, now the solution is simple! Why was it rejected?
Elizea 13 years ago
  Pauloalex, you can do as hard levels as you want. It's not that what I find ridiculous here, but you know yourself too that level with only 14 moves and only way to complete is trial and error isn't good. You wouldn't want me to make a level like this, would you?

When making a level, please remember that people will actually try to complete it.

And nope, I don't think Jyxz is going to be an admin.
Jyxz 13 years ago
  My opnion: I don't care really whether you reject it or not but I do not think it is a good level and here is why: The only way to solve this level is trial and error, its not fun... I spent about an hour trying to solve it myself most of the time staring at it trying to figure out how moving each block would change the puzzle. The simple fact is we are humans! If we cannot think a few moves in advance as to what the puzzle will look like we can only solve it with trial and error which isn't testing your brain, its testing your dedication. I made a level about a month ago to prove the silliness of having a level with a million attached blocks and needing over 10 moves to solve... I am sorry if this level was hard for you to make paulo but I even tried to prove it to you again by making the same level again with a different 14 move solution. You did not solve it. It has nothing to do with difficulty it has to do with the thought process that goes into solving it. I was not making a political attack against you if anyone made this level I would say the same thing. I thought long and hard about making a huge critique of murat's level no limit, but in the end decided because of symmetry and the cleverness required to solve it, it was a great level. It is possible to make "unsolvable levels," and I think we all know it. Is this level one of those? Maybe not, maybe so... Do we have different styles? Sure. Am I making a political attack against you? Absolutely not. You have made many nice levels and obviously have a talent for this game that few share.

As for being an administrator? I'd do it if asked, but I think my bluntness in critiquing people is often greeted with hostility which in turn would make me a bad choice for an admin. Clearly I am not the best at remaining "neutral" or "politically correct"
pauloalex 13 years ago
  Level updated. There are other levels very very very difficult. That only two or three players managed. But were not called "ridiculous." I am sad to be first in points, but being called ridiculous. Congratulations you Jyxz demonstrated political strength. Surely Jyxz administrator will soon. Now only build levels style "kids"!

@Elizea, delete my score!!
Elizea 13 years ago
  Anyone has anything to complain here before I reject this? - Reason: Ridiculous 'challenge'
Jyxz 13 years ago
  paulo im not sure how much people creating levels now care if they are official, i mean whats the difference now there is an easy way to find accepted levels you havent solved?
pauloalex 13 years ago
  TM, I really admire your comments about me. Thank you. I also think its excellent levels and I think JP could look better for our levels. Does not deserve also have official levels?
ToughMan 13 years ago
  Hey guys. There is no serious argument here. I am sure J, like myself, will give it many shots PA, and we will do our best to solve it. It is just that there are so many combinations which makes it a bit unattractive, if i may. Trust my saying PA. We WILL find a solution and we will feel pretty happy about it. Just don't know whether a decade is enough...hehe (just kidding). 99% of your levels PA are awesome and 100% of them include a perfect design. As a heads up let me tell you about a similar level J had made with nearly 20 blocks all grouped and had a solution of 23 which only HE actually found. I expressed the same reasoning. Frankly his level was completely unsolvable to us human and I'm glad he agreed to be rejected. Your level is not that unsolvable (14 moves is quite fair) but I am just saying that so ppl know what others like and what they don't. There is certainly no offence here and we have all the good will. Keep designing and that we'll keep us all happy.
pauloalex 13 years ago
  ok, I translate it to portuguese:EcdDbBDCeEBdC
Jyxz 13 years ago
  yeah its not as bad as I made it out to be, I dont like levels that are trial and error instead of clever planning, im happy you made it I just don't want too many like it, think about solving levels like lurrddrulldru if you don't know english..
pauloalex 13 years ago
  Jyxz, I do not think this level is good to be official blockoban, honestly. But it was a personal challenge to build a level very difficult it took several days, and a challenge to his friends. I'm sure that soon you solve!
Prefer levels where the dispute is a few moves!
Jyxz 13 years ago
  no no i know you make good hard levels.... i am saying what makes a level good is how you make it...

btw: i got all the colors except blue done,
pauloalex 13 years ago
  Jyxz, you're calling me a cheater! Should not get so angry because the level is difficult solution. Already it took weeks to resolve some of their levels, but not called you cheater. This level was thought to be difficult, but not the way you spoke. I believe you make levels like this, but I do not! But do not be nervous, this level is blue, and will not yellow.
Jyxz 13 years ago
  the thing is I could make a level just like this maybe 10-20x harder in about 2 minutes and i think it likely that no one would be able to solve it, i guess the real question is how did u make this level paulo? like quad transfer i have no respect for, its an ok level but the creator cant even solve it, no limit i thnk is borderline but overall one of the best blockoban levels because its symetric and murat had a solution in mind... so this level if u just wrote down 14 moves and then put targets where the blocks ended up.... thumbs down, if you somehow put the blocks and targets down without even moving a block around just having the 14 moves in your head, props your a bit smarter then I thought was humanly possible
ToughMan 13 years ago
  Since it is not a very clear cut puzzle (meaning there is no clear way of how to move blocks around), allow me some simple calculations. 4 different groups each of them basicly with 3 ways to move equaling to 12 possible moves for the first one. Your score is 14 that is 12^14 which gives an extreme number of possible moves making the whole level fairly unattractive. However, because I know you have given it a lot of thought and you wouldn't just make something outrageous I promise I'll put a lot of effort in trying to solve it but can't promise the outcome. The design is still great.

[1] [2]

Levels forum

Play Level "Streets of colors"

About Level "Streets of colors"

First post of the topic

Jyxz 13 years ago
  sigh I am not a fan of level before I even solve it, i guess its stimulating even tho i think its about trial and error not being clever but like i said i havent solved it yet maybe we will see...
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg