Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Extra BonusLevel rules and recommendations

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Shiro 13 years ago
  Garygoh, useless. New players may find their level good and upload them, and else you can't give them a chance of making level!
SimonM 13 years ago
  garygoh, so you don't get new talent, they have to try before they have a good level
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  New rule suggestion:

Do not upload levels unless you are good at designing new levels. Usually in some RT, HP, JG2 levels, the lines and items are placed not neatly whatsover. There was also in common that some levels for all games had their first letter in their level titles, or with a special rule (iPod, etc.)
gamelover101 13 years ago
  I think jp should these rules in the faq
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Yeah, level advertising on chat is allowed.
(nobody seems to be annoyed)
gamelover101 13 years ago
  but rule 1, we sometimes do that on chat
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Exactly. :P
gameinsky 13 years ago
  2 pisses mods off, 3 pisses game authors off.
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  If you break rules 1, 4, and 5, yes.
If you break rules 2 or 3, probally not but you could.
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Breaking these rules can get limitations, right?
Ahroo 13 years ago
  BUMP. :P
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Yes but sometimes people don't know wich mod is active and pm the wrong mod.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  admins tell people 2 do that tho...
Shiro 13 years ago
  Gameinsky, I rather have people to PM me and tell them that they have fixed an rejected level that a message on the forum.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  4. Making a game requires a LOT of effort and knowledge in maths and coding. Learn to program before attempting to make a BL game.

5. Having more than one account is prohibited. If you are found out the secondary account will be limited to the fullest. Repeating offenders will have both accounts limited.

6. If you make a topic, please first check if there's already a similar topic to yours instead of making a duplicate topic. The search function can help you with that.

7. There is no need to speak down to other people. Especially if they have done nothing to you.
Both GameInSky and Elizea are active global moderators and can help you.

8. Not really a rule but a recommendation: If you have a rejected level you can easily turn it into a brand new level instead of asking it to be deleted from the database.

9. The best way to get quick help is to go on the chat. If you don't notice activity feel free to ping people by writing their name in the chat. It sometime takes a while for the chat to flourish again.

If you know another rule that isn't noted in BL, please notify me so I can update this.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  edit levels that r rejected rather than ask 4 deletion...?
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Ok, this topic looks a little self-ish, because it says "extra rules" even tho none of them are officially endorsed by JP.
But those are regarded as rules by the general mod community.
These rules get forgotten easily because they aren't in faq or other pages you can find easily.

1. No level promoting or no asking of admins to evaluate your level outside of the chat and pms.
The only exception is when your level is left unevaluated for more than 2-3 days. Pms are mainly used to re-evaluate rejected levels.
Don't ask people to play your levels unless you are asking for feedback opinions on an unfinished level.
Don't worry, People will find your levels eventually.
Admins have a page to see new created levels and will evaluate them as soon as possible. So no need to post a message on Jump Gear 2 forums saying "hey, admins, play my level 'easy track'"

2. No backseating of moderators. The admins and moderators know how to do their job.
There is a difference between backseating moderators and trying to help.

3. Not really a rule but: Nagging others to be tester or admin is a bad idea, mostly you'll just create a bad first impression and that lowers your chances.
Asking once or twice to be tester is enough IF the game author is looking for some. Asking does not guaranty a testing position though.
Same for admins and trusted members, you first have to be good enough and prove you will be a good moderator.

Quoting gameinsky from Extra BonusLevel rules and recommendations
4. Making a game requires a LOT of effort and knowledge in maths and coding. Learn to program before attempting to make a BL game.

5. Having more than one account is prohibited. If you are found out the secondary account will be limited to the fullest. Repeating offenders will have both accounts limited.

6. If you make a topic, please first check if there's already a similar topic to yours instead of making a duplicate topic. The search function can help you with that.

7. There is no need to speak down to other people. Especially if they have done nothing to you.

8. Not really a rule but a recommendation: If you have a rejected level you can easily turn it into a brand new level instead of asking it to be deleted from the database.

9. The best way to get quick help is to go on the chat. If you don't notice activity feel free to ping people by writing their name in the chat. It sometime takes a while for the chat to flourish again.

If you know another rule that isn't noted in BL, please notify me so I can update this.

[<<] [1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

gameinsky 13 years ago
  Ok, this topic looks a little self-ish, because it says "extra rules" even tho none of them are officially endorsed by JP.
But those are regarded as rules by the general mod community.
These rules get forgotten easily because they aren't in faq or other pages you can find easily.

1. No level promoting or no asking of admins to evaluate your level outside of the chat and pms.
The only exception is when your level is left unevaluated for more than 2-3 days. Pms are mainly used to re-evaluate rejected levels.
Don't ask people to play your levels unless you are asking for feedback opinions on an unfinished level.
Don't worry, People will find your levels eventually.
Admins have a page to see new created levels and will evaluate them as soon as possible. So no need to post a message on Jump Gear 2 forums saying "hey, admins, play my level 'easy track'"

2. No backseating of moderators. The admins and moderators know how to do their job.
There is a difference between backseating moderators and trying to help.

3. Not really a rule but: Nagging others to be tester or admin is a bad idea, mostly you'll just create a bad first impression and that lowers your chances.
Asking once or twice to be tester is enough IF the game author is looking for some. Asking does not guaranty a testing position though.
Same for admins and trusted members, you first have to be good enough and prove you will be a good moderator.

Quoting gameinsky from Extra BonusLevel rules and recommendations

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg