Play the games, create the levels

Topic, I WANNA BE THE GUY

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

CubixIII 8 years ago
  OH! OH! I LOVE THIS GAME~! ESPECIALLY I WANNA KILL THE GUY!
Jim674 13 years ago
  The difficulty ramp is fine! It's just that it starts really high!

The standard controls are arrows to move, shift to jump and z to shoot.

Which path to take? Up leads to the 1st secret item and boss #1. right leads to the second secret item and boss #2, but after boss #1, you end up at the start of that path. Boss #3 is to the left, do this on your second round. There is also secret #3 here. Down is a shortcut to right after boss #3, and leads to bosses 4 and 6. #4 is the obvious path, #6 is by going down on the second screen of that path, and just before boss 6 is another secret. Boss 5 is found by going up right before the guys castle. You can reach boss 5 after boss #2 and #4, but not #6. The guys castle can teleport you back to the start if you haven't beaten all 6. If you have, the last 2 bosses await.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I know that, the difficulty ramp is just too high...maybe i'll use my XBOX 360 controller to play it! it has joypad option :3
XBOX 360 controls are joypads according to windows...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Well DUH, it's an unfair game for a reason. xD
Hexicube 13 years ago
  uh only 3 because I got bored of it, it didn't tell me the controls lol
maybe it was more like 30 deaths...I still don't know where to go XD
Jim674 13 years ago
  I wanna be the video game? That sounds like goodness! I have a love/hate relationship with The Unfair Platformer, much like all the I Wanna Be The Guy games.

You only died 3 times? I'm up to the final boss, and my death count has just hit the 3000 mark! I got past the Pac-Man part in the fangame, and the first boss is... A POKEMON BATTLE!!!!! Weird...

So this forum is catching on? Cool.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Super mario too ?
Thatdoesn't exist ?
And if you mean super mariobrothers 2, it's final boss is WARTH!
rocky 13 years ago
  That's it? Only 3 deaths?!!

Well, compared to the rest of the game, that's nothing.

BTW, the bosses are hard (duh). My favorite is the Super Mario 2 Bowser fight remake.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  ooh over 60MB this should be good...or i'll be pissed off ;)
[edit] I died 3 times right at the start XP
Ahroo 13 years ago
  There's also "I wanna be the video game"... it operates like the unfair platformer. :/
Jim674 13 years ago
  Finding it shouldn't be hard. Just google it, there's an official website with the download link.

This isn't really 'advertising' since it's a free game, but I love it, and that's why I'm doing this. So I can share it with more people so they can lost their sanity over this insanely hard game.
rocky 13 years ago
  I've played this game. I have never been the same. Its difficulty is about the same as Kaizo Mario World.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well I wouldnt call it COMPLETELY unnessecary, would you rather this was on RT or JG2 forum? however Jim you should at least link the game so I can find it :_
joe45 13 years ago
  I made a level, Don't Trust Anything (Rolling Turtle). I got my idea from this game!
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Quoting Treazer from I WANNA BE THE GUY
This is a unnecessary topic --'

Agreed.
Treazer 13 years ago
  This is a unnecessary topic --'
racersda 13 years ago
  Well (to tell the truth) it isn't an ordinary game, but the creator meant it to be. He didn't want it to be an "Internet phenomenon" but it turned out to be one.
Is this topic about advertising the game, or just telling details about it...?
Jim674 13 years ago
  ...? *facepalms*

I guess it is an ordinary game, but it's also an amazing game. Plus it's unbelievably difficult.
TETRISland, Kirby's Dream Land, Metroid Land, Legend of Zelda (land?), Mega Man Land, Dracula's Castle and battle bosses such as Bowser, Mike Tyson, Dracula, Mother Brain, Mecha Birdo and Kraidgief (Kraid + Zangief). Then there's the sequel! (I wanna be the fangame) which is even harder and features... well... Pacman is the only thing I've seen so far... I only just got it...

This forum is probrably helpful for initiating 'The Power Of Posting', which is extremelly helpful for sections such as the Spike-Corridor and Mother Brain. And possibly the final boss... I hate it...

Ahroo, not even I would just make a random forum for a random game. It is a random game, but I think it's an 'internet phenomonen' to some degree. Plus, why would such an ordinary game have so many YouTube videos about it? (search it, you'll see what I mean) There are lots of fangames and take offs (especially in Japan, it's SUPER popular there) and on the official website there are hundreds of forums where hundreds of people complain about how impossible Mother Brain is. In my opinion at least, it is NOT an ordinary game.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Jim, you're really not being helpful on the site anymore... -_-'
lololol 13 years ago
  Umm.. why bother removing this when you can remove all the unnecessary forum games.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  ..?
If this s just about an ordinary game i'd remove the topic...
Jim674 13 years ago
  I Wanna Be The Guy. The epic tale of The Kid who wants to become The Guy. On his quest he must best Spikes, Fruit and the Moon.

Deafeat the bosses! Gain the 'units'! Defeat The Guy!

And then! Post all over this forum! Wahahahahah!

And if you HAVE NOT heard of this game, go to the official website, download it and become addicted before I murder you.

I'm currently up to the final battle against The Guy on hard mode. Did I forget to mention that the difficulty will remove your sanity forever?

[1]

General

First post of the topic

Jim674 13 years ago
  I Wanna Be The Guy. The epic tale of The Kid who wants to become The Guy. On his quest he must best Spikes, Fruit and the Moon.

Deafeat the bosses! Gain the 'units'! Defeat The Guy!

And then! Post all over this forum! Wahahahahah!

And if you HAVE NOT heard of this game, go to the official website, download it and become addicted before I murder you.

I'm currently up to the final battle against The Guy on hard mode. Did I forget to mention that the difficulty will remove your sanity forever?
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg