Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Computer/ Flash help!!!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

geckojsc 13 years ago
  But I don't recommend getting into Flash 8 now, because it's kinda old technology. Sure, you can still make great games with it, but it's three versions behind! You're better of trying to get a copy of Flash CS5, or using the free Flex SDK.

And yes, the upcoming IE9 has really good HTML5 and CSS3 support, but the last time I checked it was still in preview/beta stage. :p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  Ahroo it's not taking MY flash 8, it doesn't actually check on the internet if the serial code is valid and thus presented a major security problem.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  But, the difference is that my IE8 can beat your IE9 up. xP
gamelover101 13 years ago
  I agree with Ahroo. In fact, IE9 has pretty good JavaScript support
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I hope the IE thing is a joke, Gecko. ._.'

I have an IE that probably runs better than all the rest, even on Vista. :/

Though, you are right, Game Maker is noobish. :p
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Here are some of the ways to make games for free.

Learn the clean and simple Lua programming language, then use the simple and well-documented LÖVE game engine to make Windows, Mac, an Linux games using Lua.

Learn the powerful-but-complicated ActionScript 3 language, then download the free Flex 4 SDK and the FlashDevelop IDE and make Flash games (it's not easy). Theres a great set-up tutorial for that by ChevyRay.

Use the educational drag-and-drop Scratch programming environment to make simple Java games. It is super easy, but it takes a lot of work to get something complex or professional in it.

Use Game Maker, a popular (but somewhat noobish) choice. Still, there's nothing wrong with using it, some epic games have been made by people that really know it inside out!

Use JavaScript. If you have a good browser (that is, anything but Internet Explorer) you can draw on the new <canvas> element and use the new <audio> and <video> tags to make stunning web games! I'll leave it to you to research that some more if you choose it.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Beware, AK. You may feel really, REALLY guilty if you take MARC's flash 8... that's why I stopped the download. D:
Hexicube 13 years ago
  uh...no, pretty sure you can find an installer+key on the net if you know where to look
search "flash8_en.exe" for a trial
AK 13 years ago
  Can I use yours? Is that possible? Can you put a screenshot of what it looks like?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  ok, right now i'm working on drawing pixels using C++
I need to set up SDL :_
AK 13 years ago
  So Flash 8...... I'll try and get it.

Crap. $699????????
Hexicube 13 years ago
  yeah...bit of a flaw :P
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Yeah, GM isn't exactly prime real estate for game creation on the net... as far as I know, it only works for 1 site. :/
Hexicube 13 years ago
  no, I don't think so...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  It isn't AS, is it? :p
SuperDog 13 years ago
  What about Game Maker? The version you pay for is free when you download via hTorrent(The h is upside down)
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Go for gold, kid. :p
AK 13 years ago
  My dad's home. Now I won't be able to do anything until Sunday, 4:00-6:00.

Maybe I won't be able to create the game. :(
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Sorry, was playing Robot Wants Ice Cream. xP

Anyways, I'll probably start learning AS once I get flash... :/
Hexicube 13 years ago
  flash 8 :D
AK 13 years ago
  What flash did you use?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  uh...you should be making this in flash...learn how read the tutorials in flash press F1 lol
AK 13 years ago
  PLEASE HELP!!!!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol...it's so easy :3
AK 13 years ago
  Okay, I will put it on there.

At least i'll try......

How do I make my game into a SWF file??????
Hexicube 13 years ago
  uh...SWFCABIN I must play...
swfcabin.com
AK 13 years ago
  Congratulations! You've unlocked a new game!

Star Towers
Made by AK

Yes, it needs work, but this will be the game i'm creating!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol...I need creativity, and determination!
Ahroo 13 years ago
  ... My problem is the exact opposite. I have lots of ideas, I just don't have anything to create them with. xP
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I think you should use swfcabin and upload the swf
[edit] also, you might find the hard part of creating a game is coming up with something to create...

[1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

AK 13 years ago
  Hi, since I signed up for Video Game Design in high school, I need a bit more help on how to make games/ roms. Please give me some advice/ sites where I can learn to make games.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg