Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Computer/ Flash help!!!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

AK 13 years ago
  Lol....... I have InkBall on my computer..... I had no idea.....

Crap...... now what?

Hmmm.... forget the colors. I guess it could just be 1 ball.... Kind of like mini putt-putt or something?

I'll try and make a screenshot, you can tell me what you think of it.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  press F1 in flash and go into 'Learning ActionScript 2.0 in Flash'
allyally 13 years ago
  Hm, Im trying to improve my flash skills atm, And its not going great with scripting, do you know anything that could start me off at the basics? (Tuto's ect.)
Hexicube 13 years ago
  not to burst your bubble or anything, but Microsoft already nailed that game...look up 'InkBall'
same concept, you draw lines that the ball bounces off, try to get into right holes, balls change colour, everything you're trying to do except for the speed...
AK 13 years ago
  Oops....... looks like I put in the wrong sprites. Those were for SMW1.8Beta2. Here's the ones I made:

(Can't put it in yet, it's the middle of the night)
Ahroo 13 years ago
  ... you do realize that if you use that ball your sprites will look stitched together, right? :p

It isn't exactly a good idea to use assorted media sprites. they don't really have the same graphics as everything else, and therefore the game looks... aesthetically saddening. :/
AK 13 years ago
  Oooooo, good idea, but I want the music to be my own creation.....

Ball:
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Well, you should also get a hold of Elizea so he can make some music... :/
AK 13 years ago
  Hmmmm.... Maybe a Mario game? But that would take longer....

I think i'll stick with the Arrow Balls, sorry. I'll find the sprites for it now and ask JP if I could start it here.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  More for me. :3

About the game idea... well, it's... erm... cliche'd/overused.

It would work, though the only people who'd play it would be BLockoban fanatics. :p

I prefer platformers, but it's YOUR project... :/
AK 13 years ago
  Ahroo, you know I suck at drawing. Didn't I tell you?

I'd love sprites, the game I am making is called "Arrow Ball". You will try to get different colored balls into their corresponding colored holes. There are also walls that change the balls colors, speed them up, slow them down, and I might make teleporters too.

Is this a good idea for a game? And if it is, I may put it on BL!
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I'd probably take a year to make a game, just to make it epic... and I'm THAT patient. xP

and I might not get Flash for a while... :,(

@AK, well I might be able to provide sprites for you if you're not good at pixel art. :p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well if you want to make games with maximum flexibility learn C(aka C#) or C++, but for maximum flexibility where simplicity is satisfactory i'd recommend getting Flash
Javascript is also useful if you want your AS(Actionscript) game to communicate with your website(similar to BL)
AK 13 years ago
  Did you slack off at all while making it? Do you think I could make something like this? Is there a site where I can make one for free?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well, I used Macromedia Flash 8 to create that, and that can take maybe a month or two, longer if you want it to look good
AK 13 years ago
  Well, you made Ultimate Random Wars. How long does a game like that take to make? What tipe of emulation did you use?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well, it depends on what program you use...usually best to find out first and search the program name with 'help' at the end
AK 13 years ago
  Hi, since I signed up for Video Game Design in high school, I need a bit more help on how to make games/ roms. Please give me some advice/ sites where I can learn to make games.

[<<] [1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

AK 13 years ago
  Hi, since I signed up for Video Game Design in high school, I need a bit more help on how to make games/ roms. Please give me some advice/ sites where I can learn to make games.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg