Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "Snowy mountains.", game "Jump Gear 2"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

chris3000 2 years ago
  Yeah I loved the theme of this level, probably because of the wintery/holiday seasons. I didn't do too bad here.
Coolguy52 2 years ago
  Took way more attempts that it should have to crack 50k, had the highscore for about 15 mins but wanted better.
CamoDragoon 13 years ago
  Needs a lot more bg to be a god level, even if declared an HSF. 3/5

Level-Making Tips: I have about 100 JG2 levels in local save. Will I submit all of them? No. If the level isn't up to standards with today's designing or even with the theme itself, sure I'll local save it and play it, put I wouldn't upload it. Experiment with lines on grid sizes 16 or 8, or even 4 if needed. In my experiences, I recommend playing a lot of levels to see good bg/land techniques and then buildings levels with that experience. Keep building these levels until you have a level that can compete with today's levels or has a unique concept/theme that players will want to play and are likely to rate 4/5-5/5.
P.S. Final tip, always put the best possible foot forward no matter what your level is like. Even if it's themed messy or your doing a collab and you don't like the things other people are doing, do the best YOU possibly can.
chris3000 13 years ago
  i like this level, 4/5
kirrock 13 years ago
  You Don't need to Delete the House, LukeTheFunJester. It is Actually the Best i see in this Level. You can only Update / Edit the level if you are a Trusted member like me. The Green T on the Right of my name. Else the level is good. I rate 3/5 now. and Higher if the level get's updated. You can just ask a Admin to Edit. He make the level as a Unaccepted level, Then it is Editable.
MatthijsM 13 years ago
  it look like a level from the beginning of JG2 but only worse 2/5
zariars 13 years ago
  no snow :( but still good enough for 3/5 from me xD
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  You can't do that now since it's accepted so this pretty much only counts for your future levels
LukeTheFunJester 13 years ago
  How do you update it?
Pof 13 years ago
  Yes, bigger and a bit of backgrounds can't hurts!
In this one the tricks are randomly made so try to think a bit more where the jump gear land, when he go faster, when he have to prepare a big jump... or things like that
LukeTheFunJester 13 years ago
  So I should make it bigger, better background and remove the house?
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  Messy, unoriginal, poor gameplay, boring design, too short etc. Sorry, but this just don't cut it D:

My advice is that you play all official levels, (You don't have to complete all since this can be tricky) and that you also play some top rated levels and some others to get proper, original, fun ideas for a level. When you make a level you should also concider symetry as this gives a little boost to the design of your level, and you should try to get some more bg. Great bg/lineart can, if very good, compancate for poor gameplay, however you should try to make gameplay good too.

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "Snowy mountains."

About Level "Snowy mountains."

First post of the topic

Ferrari12 13 years ago
  Messy, unoriginal, poor gameplay, boring design, too short etc. Sorry, but this just don't cut it D:

My advice is that you play all official levels, (You don't have to complete all since this can be tricky) and that you also play some top rated levels and some others to get proper, original, fun ideas for a level. When you make a level you should also concider symetry as this gives a little boost to the design of your level, and you should try to get some more bg. Great bg/lineart can, if very good, compancate for poor gameplay, however you should try to make gameplay good too.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg