Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Blockoban 2.5 Suggestions

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

AK 13 years ago
  FAIL, the game was too hard to create for the editor...

The editor had no "and" or "or" statements....

So instead, this will be a topic to see what new ideas you would like to be in Blockoban 2.5 if JP ever made one.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Forgot to put the 'half'. Dx

Still, follow the rule of thumb that less is more.
AK 13 years ago
  2 weeks is 1/2 of a month...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  2 weeks is a month. you've got plenty of time. |:_

Make the basic coding, make few functions and polish as well as you can. Enter that, then you can add the rest of the features after the storm.
AK 13 years ago
  Um.... This is going to get REALLY hard....

I only have 2 weeks to make this game, so....
rocky 13 years ago
  IDEAS:

Stiff Block - When you move them, they can't move out of their position, but they can hit blocks. Thus, they can still have links, ice, etc.

Fade Wall - At first, it's a normal space with a marking on it. When a block passes through it, it becomes a wall.

Optimization Target - This target has a number on it, and each time you move a block, it decreases by 1. When it reaches 0, it disappears. People will have to optimize to reach the target. The optimization idea can also be used for walls and blocks.

Paint Space - This space is a certain color, and when a block passes through it, it becomes that color.
AK 13 years ago
  XD Nice one, Ferrari...
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  How positive you are today Elizea :)
AK 13 years ago
  No, the editor for it won't work on BL.

Elizea, I meant only able to be pushed in certain directions.

I still think you should change your name to Legend 19...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  @Magic we'd need JP's permission for that.
Magic_X 13 years ago
  You should put on BL too so we can play it when you're done with it.
Elizea 13 years ago
  No it's not. You can now already use for example white blocks, make them icy and just not make any targets to them = colourless ice-block, can be pushed but doesn't have to be moved to a target.
AK 13 years ago
  Good idea Ferrari!
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  Idea: Colourless ice-blocks: Blocks that can be pushed, but doesn't have to be moved to a target. Some can only be pushed in certain directions too.
AK 13 years ago
  LOL

Yeah, especially for a puzzle game...

Too lazy to update. XD
Elizea 13 years ago
  Any idea with word "random" or "randomly" is bad. No exceptions.
AK 13 years ago
  Actually, Ahroo, that's a good idea, except yeah, it might make some levels impossible to beat...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  Ahroo on a puzzle game that is never a good idea...
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  Angled bounce blocks- What ever hits it bounces off at a 90 degree angle.
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Oh yeah, you should get jp's permission.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Oh! Oh! Get JP's permission first. |:p

Well, the fact that it has to be educational is a bad thing in itself. The best things are pointless. |:p

But, if you must... disruptor tiles. When a block goes over them, it changes the direction they go in randomly (e.g. you move the block to the right into a disruptor, it can make the block continue right, turn up, turn down or double back left randomly). :/
AK 13 years ago
  This is for Video Game Design, the class, not BL.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I tried to stop him XD
gameinsky 13 years ago
  You're already making startower, do not try to mix up different games...
AK 13 years ago
  Thank you DY, you are actually HELPFUL!!!!!

I'll call it ColorKubes then (Thanks for MARC and his little brainstorming session)
Hexicube 13 years ago
  why do bombs only blow up other bombs? why not anything except steel walls/blocks?
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  i suggest:

bombs- they can be moved, but each time you move them they count down. On zero they explode. They only destroy other bomb blocks touching them when they explode. These do not need to be destroyed to win.

Bomb walls: If a bomb explodes next to it, it explodes too. This explosion can set off other bombs or bomb walls. It cannot be moved.

Crumble Stop spots- Blocks can only stop on them a certain amount of times before they lose traction.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  its not like it will actually get anywhere XP
SimonM 13 years ago
  Hexicube, I meant that he can inspire onto something, but not use almost every ideas with some new ideas with it.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol good point :P

[1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

AK 13 years ago
  This is a forum for suggestions!

If JP made Blockoban 2.5, what would you like to be in it?

IDEAS:
All colored blocks (not just the ones we have now, basically customizable colors)

Gravity(Like in Blockoban 2)

Crumble blocks (can only be hit a certain amount of times before it crumbles, cannot be colored)

Bounce blocks (Other blocks bounce off in the opposite direction they hit it on)

Stop spots (Already have on Blockoban 1)

Round blocks (basically the ice round blocks in Blockoban 1, but can be colored.)

Link blocks (Have in Blockoban 1)

Crumble Stop spots- Blocks can only stop on them a certain amount of times before they lose traction.

Basically adding everything Blockoban 1 had, did I forget anything from there?
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg