Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Path System

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

allyally 12 years ago
  Figured it out, Expect V 0.8 to be out soon with a new tweener...
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  Basically, do as the normal tweaked and have one of the parameters be the object to change.
allyally 12 years ago
  Lol, don't worry, I know that. But Ill need a system that works universally, if you used that method, you have to manually change the class name every time you use it. Hm ill have a look around... see if i can find something,
SimonM 12 years ago
  classname.variablename(but variable has to public I think)
allyally 12 years ago
  Yeah, Im attempting to make a small custom tweener for the library, but im struggling to get my head around how to change a property in the class its been called by,
SimonM 12 years ago
  yes, because we won't be able to use the path system, but don't worry too much about that, i can live with it, first make it with the fl packages. And when it's finished, you maybe can make without the packages.
allyally 12 years ago
  Dang, This is gonna get harder. Or easier...

Btw, for the FlashDevelop community, Gecko tells me you dont have access to the fl (Flex) library, And unfortunately this uses the fl.Tween, Will this be an issue?
chris3000 12 years ago
  Woah, that's a crazy triangle.
Garygoh884 12 years ago
  Each of the path parameters have a smoothness of 600. Notice anything in common?
Yes, I found one property of the Bézier curve path settings in BL games. :)
Hexicube 12 years ago
  I want a curve like JP has in his games, just realised he doesnt use bezier -_-
allyally 12 years ago
  Dont think so, unless i adjust the path system to read graphics... but that would require re-working it all.. which I cba...
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  Could this be to any help?
jasperpostema 12 years ago
  Yes Allyally, Happy Days! Have anice day and enjoy a fantastic drink. Have fun!
Hexicube 12 years ago
  well as long as I helped ;)
allyally 12 years ago
  Jaspers done with me? HOORAY! Happy days are here again!

Hexicube, no, but I have a better idea of what id nee to do to make it work, would still require a lot of effort & thought,
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  Look, Jasper, here's you main problem(s):

1. You joined the site in the worst way possible, "spamming" games, setting your age to 19 etc.
2. You are constantly offtopic or spamming (What does wooden swords have to do with paths? Why would you yell about creepers in a Terraria topic, full-caps and everything?)
3. You have permanently hurt your reputation
4. You provide little-to-nothing to the website (it's not like I do...)
  Allyallu, please I see what I see and if you have problems with it, go away yourself, because I am totaly finished with you!
Hexicube 12 years ago
  so did I fix your difficulties with biezer? ^^
allyally 12 years ago
  'OMG everyone stop talking about that Gif 'cause jaspers colourblind!'.

No just no. We're aloud to talk about what we want, you dont even have anything decent to say on this forum so why should you even care? If you dont like it, you can piss off. Besides, we werent even talking about the colour!

Go away & rethink a few basic principles.
  Sorry, but I am colorblind, so stop talking about that!
allyally 12 years ago
  Huh? what? Wait, I know what facepalming is ya derp! I was talking about the Gif,
Hexicube 12 years ago
  facepalm basically means putting your hand over your face in a way that symbolises how stupid the other person is :P
and did the pic help?
allyally 12 years ago
  Hexicube, Ive seen that before. Only now do I realize what it represents. THANKYOU.

@ Jasper. Die in am offtopic hole.
Hexicube 12 years ago
  I facepalmed when I looked at what jasper said...
Ahroo 12 years ago
  @Jasper It's a recolored sprite, idiot.
birjolaxew 12 years ago
  Offtopic much? Also, no, a wooden sword isn't green...
  Hey, is your character a Wooden Sword?
Hexicube 12 years ago

maybe this will help
allyally 12 years ago
  I know, And trust me, I've been trying to figure out how the hell he did it... but no luck so far... ITs a seriously tricky concept to get your head around. This is why imma have a go an circle paths instead, they're simple enough, but Im just thinking how i could do an Ellipse,
Hexicube 12 years ago
  I want beizer curves...lol
[edit] by biezer I mean the ones in JPs games, not the ones where it doesnt give a proper curve and 9001% of the line is at the anchor...

[1] [2]

Flash game development

First post of the topic

allyally 12 years ago
  Hi, Ive been working on a small project that allow you to partially recreate JPs game Paths. my Project is a small external library that makes creating games with a similar movements easy, which you can download Here [V 0.7] AS3

Example: Example.as

How it works:

First you'll need an Array of 'blNode's which have a value of x,y & speed, these are the node locations,

Then you'll need a 'blPath', this does the real stuff, this take in your array of nodes, an array of targets (which objects to move), a 'Global Speed' value, & a directioning Boolean (if set to true, the objects will point towards the next node).

Once you've created these, then you'll need your own Enter_frame event to make it actually Go...

blNodes properties & functions (blNode extends Point):
blNode.x:Number
blNode.y:Number
blNode.speed:uint (0 to 200)
blNode.setToPoint(newLocation:Point)
blNode.toString():String

blPath properties & functions:
blPath.nodes:Array
blPath.targets:Array
blPath.globalSpeed:uint
blPath.directiong:Boolean
blPath.update()
blPath.reverse()
blPath.realSpeed() (gets the actual speed of the path, effected by node Speeds)
blPath.toString():String

blRect (creates 4 blNodes from a rectangle) properties & functions:
blRect.setSpeed (nodeToChange:uint, new_Speed:Number)
blRect.setGlobalSpeed ( new_GlobalSpeed:Number) (sets all node speeds to the new global speed)
blRect.setRectangle (rectangle:Rectangle)
blRect.getNodes ():Array
blRect.toString ():String

Next Update
- Circular paths
- more suggestions welcome
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg