Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "Quagmar Moons", game "Rolling Turtle"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gameinsky 9 years ago
  Level accepted!
One less without scores.
demonicyoshi 9 years ago
  yay I beat it =)
AK 9 years ago
  Okay, I re-added the bubble, and now it feels more like space! I never should have removed it anyways.

I think I've fixed everything, I've decided to keep the islands as they are. You can accept it now.

SPOILER
demonicyoshi 9 years ago
  It needs some better option for jumping. I think it should have a bubble power-up so the jump height is enough to get you some vertical distance.
AK 9 years ago
  Okay, speed quadrupled, jumping power doubled, and made it so you can't get stuck in cave-ins. I'll work more on it later.
CamoDragoon 9 years ago
  Yeah, what DD noted is right (other than the trapped part). That's partly why I said it feels "weird" without the bubble, because in order to ascend you have to sit there holding space bar while you bounce repeatedly. Also, crossing over hills without the bubble is rough, rather than rolling over you almost always have to move sideways slowly and keep jumping since the platform doesn't rise fast enough for you to move sideways quickly while jumping. I think it messes with the concept of the level being in space. I wish you the best of luck with this AK, it certainly has potential :)
dingdong 9 years ago
  Alright. I'd say it still moves too slow. Goes for both moving speed, and jump gain. Messages could be faster and im not sure how but after 4 cans (again..) i ended up trapped in a small hole after a cave-in.

I like the idea of this, but there is still refinery to do. Keep it up :)
gameinsky 9 years ago
  Allright, say when you're done so I can accept.
AK 9 years ago
  Actually, the fuel cans are in numerical order: Can 1 is to the left of Can 2, Can 4 is between Can 3 and Can 5, etc.

Also, I edited it so it is now impossible to fall off the invisible platform.
CamoDragoon 9 years ago
  Yeah, my computer didn't have lag when I played it yesterday. And yes some kind of hint would be an option, given the scale of the map it's easy to miss one (depends on how long you want the level to take though AK).
gameinsky 9 years ago
  Well, back when I evaluated it I had a much worse computer. It doesn't seem to lag on my current one but I don't know if anybody else might have lag.

I would recommend adding some kind of hint of where the cans are though.
Either in the form of a small minimap somewhere or arrows pointing in their direction.
AK 9 years ago
  Alright, the cave now has rocks on the few inside structures, but none on the giant outside structure. How's the lag now?

I'll get to moving the other islands later this week.
CamoDragoon 9 years ago
  Also having just played this again, it's kind of weird without the bubble, albeit faster.
gameinsky 9 years ago
  I've set it to be edited.

A side note though, if you go through with these changes the scores will have to be reset.
[edit]
I just realised there's none, so I guess there's no consequences.
AK 9 years ago
  Can I edit this? I'm going to redo the cave, as well as move things generally closer to each other.
gameinsky 10 years ago
  It's not too big, it's too laggy.
AK 10 years ago
  No scores yet. ._.

Wow, that really stinks ._.

This level is just too big...
AK 12 years ago
  Yeah.... -.-

XD Can't change it though, it looks AWESOME.

Thanks for deleting my score. I think this level is ready to be accepted. :D
gameinsky 12 years ago
  AK, it's not the stars that make it laggy, it's the way you filled the cave of the biggest moon, you used about 300 dots, and that's a lot.
AK 12 years ago
  OK, removed a lot of stars, now only 200 or less is possible.
AK 12 years ago
  Hey anybody, is it still too laggy? Or is it better now?

Also, now only 200 stars instead of 500. My score is impossible (for what I did), remove it please!

So actually, any score below 300 is possible, but because I didn't do the mini-mission, my score is now impossible.
AK 12 years ago
  OK, removing the bubble makes the level 2X faster, but it also doesn't make it seem like space anymore...

So, should I add the bubble back on, or keep it off?

EDIT: I'm deleting some of the stars... there were 500 XD

That means lower scores, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
AK 12 years ago
  Well, I remember JP saying not to judge a level by its lag, but it seems that this level is an exception... 0.0

Sadly, I also agree that this level's lag makes it a lot less fun...

OK, can I edit this? I didn't have much time to make the awesome BG I wanted to when the contest was on, but now that it's over, I want to make this level WAY more fun. :D

EDIT: Oh wait, it's Saturday... -.-

I won't be able to edit it today, but can you still make it editable? Thanks!

And thanks for being honest. I'm sorry I kinda spazzed out, but I worked a grand total of at least 50 hours on this level, 4X more than on AK's Games. So I was kinda upset that almost no one lliked it.
gameinsky 12 years ago
  what dingdong said, this is way to laggy for my taste if it were to not lag (I blame JP :P) then I would probably find it enjoyable, but the lag just makes it annoying. It's not the level, it's the lag.
dingdong 12 years ago
  Well the problem is not the actual size, but the size you feel it has. The slow moving and similar BG makes it hard to find around, giving you a feeling that the level is much bigger.

So the problem is not the size, but the slow space movement, and that the most of the level looks like the same.
AK 12 years ago
  Oh......

Well, is there anything else bad about this level?
Daft_Punk 12 years ago
  I tried...I really tried...It's just too large for me!
dingdong 12 years ago
  I had 4 cans.
Then i fell of the board.
AK 12 years ago
  Hmmmmm.....

"Quagmar Moons Mini"

I like the sound of that XD

EDIT: No one's beaten it.... No one has enough patience.... :(

EDIT:.....

5 minutes is all it took.....

It's really not as big as you think it is, I beat it with 45 jump....
CamoDragoon 12 years ago
  lolz
"Your spacesuit can last for 1 and 1/2 hours".

Ahh....well....I didn't plan on playing it that long....
:P

I'll give you 5/5 AK, and personally, Astria lags my computer more than this. O_o

[1] [2]

Levels forum

Play Level "Quagmar Moons"

About Level "Quagmar Moons"

First post of the topic

AK 12 years ago
  Enjoy the best level i've ever made! It's for the Space Contest!

Sure, you might be able to find 5 gas cans, but can you find the hidden stars, the mini star, the mini-mission, and the 6 people I have hidden? ;)

EDIT: HOLY CRAP LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!

Sorry for it being so laggy, guys.... Please don't hold that against me. :(
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg