Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level ""Off the Block" Move", game "BLockoban"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

CamoDragoon 12 years ago
  @Jos the actual Sky Tiger 2 isn't as good as Remnants ;P

@Second part, maybe....but you have to think that the vast majority of people play kids levels or easy levels, maybe medium. So most of my levels are kids, with the occasional hard....plus this is in part response to people complaining about my amount of hard levels.....thanks for the input however, that's the direction I've been trying to go, your point is legitimate :)
Jos 12 years ago
  I'm honored to see that one of my levels has teached this really important trick to one of the most important designers of BB.

About the level itself: it's good to make levels like this to teach basic strategies to beginners. But isn't the amount of easy/kids levels you make not a bit exaggerated, camo?
I rather like to see levels by you like Wallwing 3, Green Skies, Sky Tiger 2 (edit:) Remnants...
chris3000 12 years ago
  Clever tricks involved, nice!
CamoDragoon 12 years ago
  @Jyxz first of all thanks a lot for the advice :D

Secondly, let me say that this level is SPECIFICALLY not for the higher level players. It's to teach one simple technique for the newer players, especially kids, to get them started. For example, I didn't discover this trick for a long time when I started playing BB. Not until one of Jos's levels (the one where there's two blocks down a very long tube and you have to use the off the wall move) did I discover the "off the wall" move, and after that this move.

What I'm saying is I've watched my younger siblings who rarely play Blockoban or even some adults in my family who barely even know this game try to beat some of my levels and it's just not enjoyable....they don't know any of the tricks I made in this teaching series so even getting them to solve kids levels is often a stretch, let alone medium or hard. These levels are intended for those players who have almost n history of this game/beginners, seeing as these tricks are very difficult to find normally and many beginners don't even know them, making the game less enjoyable.

Sorry, it's in my nature to drone xD
Jyxz 12 years ago
  Camo I consider you a good designer which means unless you ask me not to I'ma start harshly commentating on your levels.

Two things for now, one instead of making so many levels combine concepts to make harder, not larger necessarily, but just slightly harder levels. That is the trick to a really good level keeping it this small but making it as hard as possible.

Second thing, this level sucks, however the 3 block one and the green one you just made are quite good.

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level ""Off the Block" Move"

About Level ""Off the Block" Move"

First post of the topic

Jyxz 12 years ago
  Camo I consider you a good designer which means unless you ask me not to I'ma start harshly commentating on your levels.

Two things for now, one instead of making so many levels combine concepts to make harder, not larger necessarily, but just slightly harder levels. That is the trick to a really good level keeping it this small but making it as hard as possible.

Second thing, this level sucks, however the 3 block one and the green one you just made are quite good.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg