Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "World of Wonders", game "Rolling Turtle"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

totallyepicdude321 11 years ago
  your welcome
Ferrari12 11 years ago
  Thank you :)
totallyepicdude321 11 years ago
  this is epic! 5/5!
gameinsky 11 years ago
  At the wall you have to help right while you stick to reach higher.

I just completed it again with a score of 73 in my first try coming to the conclusion that the level is not hard on it's own, it's just you that lacks the skills for this level.

And you should NEVER EVER rate a level based on how hard it is.
Treazer 11 years ago
  The curves are no problem, it's possible you just need precision, so it can't be bad. You say the speed wall is really hard, but it's not too hard. You mustn't think it's bad, because it's hardee than the other obstacles. I did the most of the jumps in my first three tries. Did you watch my video? The platform could crush you yes, but how did you come under the platform? The platform is the easiest obstacle of the level IMO. The gap was helpful for me, you didn't need to jump, you could easily roll to the right, so it's not a problem, it's a help, and I don't think that it moved down too quickly. I also think that checkpoints would make the level too easy and worse. Watch my video, I played it my first time there, look at it and you'll see the most of the jumps aren't hard.
qwerty 11 years ago
  What I maen is this: I was at the speed wall, but becuase of the curve, you have to jump alot sooner, therefore making the correct angle and timing to get up there really hard. In addition, the corners were to curvey therefore, again, having to jump sooner, and having to land farther, making the jumps to high and too far for the amount of room you have to get momentum. Also, most of the time, where you needed to jump was where you stopped the line and started a new one making your jump go wacky. the platform could crush you,(fortinitly i BARELY made it out in time...) making you have to restart the whole level. the mpving platform was not conected to the wall making an anoyying gap when trying to jump up to the platform above and it moved down too quickly, making it no room for error like. By straight forward i mean it was to linear. And checkpoints around the platform would have been good too.
Ferrari12 11 years ago
  I don't even have the slightest clue how somebody could manage to fall from the moving platform all the way to the bottom, and then blame the level for being too unforgiving O_o

The level keeps you from falling in three separate places, and it is impossible for it not to catch you unless you deliberatly avoid it.

And when you say it's to straight forward, does that mean you'd like it to be more complex? Because that would make it something that could actully be described as somewhat hard :/

I hope you realize that in your comment you're saying: "this is too hard for me" and at the same time: "I'd wish it was a bit harder" Make up your mind, and rate fairly next time!

Have a nice day!
Daft_Punk 11 years ago
  Usually if a level's too hard for me, I admit defeat and move on. I don't even rate levels that I can't beat. Art and challenge are the two characteristics in my opinion that make a good level, and this level appears to have both of these things. Maybe next time, you should try this instead of rating a good level 1/5. Well, that's all I have to say, so, have a great day everyone...
gameinsky 11 years ago
  I give it a 1/5 because this level is too hard for me! but it's probably because I suck in RT because I'm new and other people have been able to beat this! I also have perfect grammar and spelling and decided to bring up witty arguments that make me sound like a bad-ass.
I can rate it 4/5 for the frustrativeness, but I don't like, so instant 1/5 because a level is either good or bad!

^ This is how not to make a good impression.
Treazer 11 years ago
  Qwerty, really? This is shit. Art isn't the only thing that makes a good level, right. But it makes the most levels better. Do you want to spent on every level a minute? Only because a level is hard, you don't need to rate it low. And if you're not a good RT player (just an example), then it's not special that you need 605 jumps for a hard level. Btw, 22 minutes for a hard level isn't that much. I agree, it could be annoying to fall everytime of the area with the moving platform, but this is what makes a hard level beautiful. Also look at the other scores, the lowest score (beside you) is +25. It's not that bad for a hard level. And you got -505, that means that you're the problem. You should practise more often and it's not that hard. Collect some more experience in RT for the harder levels and then try again, I bet you are much better then. If you think it's too straight forward and you don't like this, you can rate it 4, but 1 is just exaggerated. There's one thing I still need to say, this level isn't that hard, the only thing you need is precision.

I made a short video, there you can see that the level is easy to do in 30 jumps and 1:20. Video
qwerty 11 years ago
  1/5. Why? Art isnt the only thing that makes a good level. I spent 22 minites on this level. 20 of them, falling off the area where the moving latform was. I fell all the way to the bottom. It was too unforgiving, too annoying, too round, and too stright-foreward. 605 jumps.
Pof 12 years ago
  Highscore :)
I think one more is possible!
juhdanad 12 years ago
  It's amazing! How had you so much time to do it? (5/5 of course.)
AK 12 years ago
  Someone rated this less than a 5???? >:C

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

The background is amazing. The gameplay is really fun. Gotta say, though, i'd like it more if there was more exploration in it. You know, no real set way to go. Give it a good RPG feel. :P Other than that, one of the best RT levels i've seen in a long time! 6/5
Ferrari12 12 years ago
  Neo: It's the "Another World contest". Look it up in the forums and you'll find it ;)

And thanks all!
neoseanner 12 years ago
  go official ! and i want to ask , what contest did you join ?
SuperMario 12 years ago
  Oh f*ck! You are officially better than me! xD 5/5
AK 12 years ago
  Dang it Ferrari! Why are you so awesome at level making??? :D

I say slide, but then again, it'll probably get one anyways XD
nachos 12 years ago
  Wow.... Looks like your gonna win :)

5/5
Ferrari12 12 years ago
  Thanks!

And yes, it's my contest level :)
MatthijsM 12 years ago
  Contest level??
Daft_Punk 12 years ago
  Wow! Great job Ferrari12! :D
gameinsky 12 years ago
  Amazing, literally amazing.

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "World of Wonders"

About Level "World of Wonders"

First post of the topic

gameinsky 12 years ago
  Amazing, literally amazing.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg