Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "100", game "BLockoban"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

chris3000 12 years ago
  Nice monty, you're getting brilliant at making levels and solving them.
Jos 12 years ago
  I also thought out of the box to complete it (if I understand what you means with that), clearly not to optimize it...

Edit: if you don't play a level for a short time and then retry it... miracles happen!
ToughMan 12 years ago
  LOL Monty. I am just playing each level over and over until i find the "Pattern" and then I try to optimize. In some levels I just sit back for quite a while and try to figure out the solution in my mind. It really helps when smn posts a lower score because you know there is a better way whereas when you are the first to solve it you maybe stuck with one solution and think it is optimal. This is mainly the reason why going back to older levels may result in reducing scores. Finally, I have found that some of our great players usually think Out of The Box (OTB) and that helps a lot when you are stuck and need a boost. I am not really a master on this game. I just love to play and try different ways. As for the score I honestly can't see 100 (let alone lower than that) but I'll try it for the sake of argument...hehe
Monty 12 years ago
  I wouldn't be surprised if you could get below 100. Some of your recent scores are quite astonishing. I don't know how you do it. Do you stop the blocks in mid air with telepathy or something?
ToughMan 12 years ago
  I wouldn't go that far Monty as scrapping it out. I'd just improve it by deleting 4 or even 8 red targets (the middle ones) along with the respective rows and a couple of whites. The solution is really great and deserves to be a playable level. It is just that with all these targets it becomes a tad tedious. I'll try to find ways to reduce it to 100 so as to coincide the title...hehe.
Monty 12 years ago
  Thanks Frairer. Welcome to Blockoban and Bonuslevel.
Frairer 12 years ago
  Nice Horns Mont!
Monty 12 years ago
  Yes I know what you mean. I designed this one a year ago. I wanted to make a really tough level for my 100th. Since then OMG has created a couple of better levels that use the same principle for solving and in theory I think this can be solved with just 3 whites. With hindsight perhaps I should have called the previous level C for Century and scrapped this one. Anyway thanks for the feedback TM. It's always appreciated.
ToughMan 12 years ago
  WD Monty on your 100 lvls (i presume). This level has a nice design and a neat solution. However I think it is very tedious and should have been smaller in terms of size. I'd delete at least one red row (possibly 2) and respective white helpers.

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "100"

About Level "100"

First post of the topic

ToughMan 12 years ago
  WD Monty on your 100 lvls (i presume). This level has a nice design and a neat solution. However I think it is very tedious and should have been smaller in terms of size. I'd delete at least one red row (possibly 2) and respective white helpers.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg