Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Games Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

allyally 14 years ago
  Good point, I think i was thinking about RT subconsciously!
gamelover101 14 years ago
  @allyally
It doesn't always happen in RT

I think it can happen in ML, HP, and JG too
allyally 14 years ago
  Q: when I test my lvl everything I made is gone and I can't start! Why?

A: This usually happens when your path has selected something that has been deleted, causing it to glitch. the best thing to do then is delete the path and make it again. To avoid it happening in the future, delete the item, undo it and delete it again, this cancels out the glitch.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  well I don't expect EVERYONE on BL to be brisish or american
*looks at a huge crowd of people all from BL*
I only expect some to be and also at least that a fair amount can translate with fair accuracy
*looks at crowd again*
gamelover101 14 years ago
  Q: I have completed the requirement for a badge, but why haven't I recieved it yet?

A: There is a delay for recieving all badges
gundu 14 years ago
  Well, I'm naturally french That's why sometime My phrase can be bad :P
Hexicube 14 years ago
  the answer is phrased slightly badly, use:
A: The site updates daily, your EXP will have updated when you check tomorrow.
[edit] OK then
Q: How do I play a level my friend made?
A: use the search box on the game and look for the name of the level, or ask for a link.
Elizea 14 years ago
  Marc2008 and Demonicyoshi, its mostly newbies who read the FAQ. As they have already problems with paths and messyness, it isn't good to start to tell something like that to them. That is for advanced users =)
gundu 14 years ago
  Q: I created and Played levels but I have the same amout of Exp as before why?

A: You have only to wait for the update of the site
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Q: how do I make a line rotate?
A: make some dots and a path for each dot, make the paths curve round by using smoothing and change the speed based on how far away the dot is from the centre(or something)
demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  Q: how can i make shortdistance warping with as little as 1 path?

A: you make a warping path, demonstrated in Tuto: Warping (Rolling Turtle)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  it is important...
gameinsky 14 years ago
  is this topic omportend ????
Hexicube 14 years ago
  How about:

Q: I've done all the official levels, can I do them again?
A: Yes, go into the play tab and select a level.
MarioLuigi2009 14 years ago
  this forum topic was on the last page so i posted this message to get this topic back on the front page. An FAQ is a really good idea.
jp 15 years ago
  Thx, I will had these in the "How to edit tab?"!
burfy 15 years ago
  Some questions you might find useful + more detailed info for editing paths. Hope it is OK, if anyone finds some information wrong or misleading, please correct me.

All my scores are gone!! Why?
The scores normally don't get lost. Are you logged in? You must log in to be able to see them.

I finished the XYZ level and saved the score but it disappeared now! Why?
If the level status changes from Accepted to Official, all the scores are reset, you will have to finish it again.

FAQs for the RT level editor:

I was creating a level and after some time I couldn't test/save/upload it anymore. What's wrong?
Something in your level is causing it to crash. Try to undo the last changes you made (most likely paths) and test it again. If it works, you found the reason.

I want the curves to be nice and smooth, but the editor won't let me move them exactly where I want, how can I do it?
Turn the grid off/on by pressing the G button. Then you can move objects freely.

I want to make some objects in my level move. How?
To be able to move an object, you have to use a PATH and set it according to your needs.

EDITING A PATH:

- click on PATH and click anywhere you want it (usually near the object(s) you want to move to keep it well-arranged)
- click on the blue wrench tool and then on the PATH circle to open the editing window
- while the editing window is open, click on the object(s) you want to move
- set the parameters

SETTING THE PATH PARAMETERS:

- Start Type: choose how the movement starts
-- auto: starts automatically when the level begins
-- as soon as: same as auto (I did not find the difference - jp?)
-- switch: movement is triggered when the turtle reaches a switch, so if you have already placed a switch somewhere, click on the little red square (to the right of the Start Type - Switch) and then click on the appropriate switch, anything (except for the black ball, hedgehog, checkpoint and another path) can work as a swith, however think it over well, using e.g. a star as a switch might be tricky in some cases - once you collect it and die, starting from a checkpoint, the star/switch will not be there anymore
-- inbound: movement is triggered when the turtle reaches the inbound radius of the path, set the radius accordingly...in this case you cannot place the PATH circle randomly as in other cases, you have to put it exactly where you need the turtle to trigger the movement

- End Type: choose how the movement stops
-- auto: stops automatically
-- never: stops never
-- switch: stops when the turtle reaches the switch (see the Start Type switch for details)
-- outbound: movement stops when the turtle leaves the radius set

- Global Speed: the overal speed of the movement

- Nodes (green "plus" and red circle): to create a path of a movement, you have to add nodes of the path, click on the "plus" sign, each time you click, you add one node, the position of a node can be changed by dragging and dropping the node itself. For a basic path 2 nodes are enough, the movement starts in the first node, goes to the second, (third, fourth,...) and finally back to the first one and repeats the path. Clicking the red circle changes selection of a node, if you have one node selected, you can set its speed or you can delete it by clicking the red cross. The speed of a node means that an object will have this exact speed when passing the node, so e.g if you have a path with two nodes, the first node has a speed of 1 and the second has a speed of 100, the object will start going at 1 and slowly speeding up until it reaches 100 when passing the second node.

- Smooth: makes the corners of the path round, you can see this e.g. if you make a path with 3 nodes, put them so that they form a triangle and set the Smooth value to something else than 0, the higher the smooth value is, the more round the corners of the triangle are

- Delay Type: if you have multiple objects selected in one path, you can make them move with a delay
-- Wait: the objects will wait on the place where you have put them in the editor
-- Deploy: the objects will start on a place respective to their delay

- Delay PX: in both the Wait and Deploy type, you have to set the value of the delay. Select the object by clicking on the button to the right of the Delay PX value (something like a chain) and set its delay, then select another object, set the delay, etc. until you have all the delays set. If you want to split the delay distances along the whole path evenly, you do not have to count it hard, use the button to the left of the Delay PX (opposite arrows).

How can I stop a path?
Set the last node speed value to 0.
TIP: It is usually very boring to wait for and object to reach the 0 speed node if it is too far, to stop the movement more quickly, add one more node right in front of the one with 0 speed and set its speed according to your needs. Example: Make a path with 3 nodes, global speed 100, first node speed 100, second node speed 100 and third node speed 0, third node placed just behind the second one. See how it behaves.
jp 15 years ago
  Can you please help me to make a FAQ for the games ?

Please post the question and the answer.

Q : "How can I stop a PATH?"
A : "Set the speed of the last node to 0".

[1]

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Can you please help me to make a FAQ for the games ?

Please post the question and the answer.

Q : "How can I stop a PATH?"
A : "Set the speed of the last node to 0".
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg