Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "Jumping Adventures", game "Jump Gear 2"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

kiethy342 11 years ago
  I think it comes a time in most designers time here where they make a level that's based too much on design. This was certainly my case, and I think that's happened here too. But this is how we all learn and become better designers. :)

By the way, I think the thumbnail looks great! It clearly shows what the level's about, and you can tell before even looking at the title it's going to be a jumping challenge type level :)
dingdong 11 years ago
  Treazer, i believe you shouldn't start from 1/5 or 5/5, but from 3/5. But it all depends on the person.

And this is nonsens as it's free to everyone to choose how to judge.
gameinsky 11 years ago
  In my opinion, giving a 3/5 isn't bad, tho I think matthijsM should elaborate more. Not only him, but when you rate a level badly explain why; it's called feedback.
It helps designers to become better, and even if you rate 5/5, it's still a good idea to explain why; it gives the leveldesigner motivation to keep on going.
Treazer 11 years ago
  It's 60/100, 600/1000 etc.. but that doesn't change anything. I didn't say you cannot rate what you want, it's just an unfair rating. And there can't be opinions about the ratings ( 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5 ), there can only be opinions about the level. I understand that you think the level hasn't got a good gameplay, but you shouldn't start counting with 1/5, count from 5/5 and make "minus points". E.g. 5/5, good design ( nothing changes ), fulfills the concept of a highscorefight ( nothing changes ), not a very good gameplay ( -1 ). So we've got 4/5, are there any more minus points you have?
MatthijsM 11 years ago
  treazer I can rate what I want and I only rate 3, 4 and some times 5 if it is perfectly and a nice gameplay so 3 isn't that bad it is still 6/10
dingdong 11 years ago
  If 1-3 ratings are unaccaptable levels, why do we even have those ratings. To me only 1 represents unacceptable.

Design isn't everyyhing. If it was, i would make a straight line, and then the bg around it.
SPOILER
Ferrari12 11 years ago
  Here's how I look at things:

It's up to each individual to decide how he/she wants to interpret the rating system. There is no universal law on how to use the rating system fairly, except for the mentioned 1/5-rating.

Personally I don't concider Matthijs' rating unfair, though that doesn't necessairly mean I agree with his rating.

But of course you are entitled to have your own opinions, Treazer.
Treazer 11 years ago
  I didn't say he isn't allowed to, but I think it's an unfair rating. And 3 is low. 1-3 are bad ( the most levels with the quality 3/5 shouldn't be accepted ). And he can have his opinion, but like you said "1/5 ITS TOO HARD" would be an opinion too and it's unfair. Like 3/5 is. If this level wouldn't be well designed, 3/5 would be okay. It's just not the best gameplay and it doesn't deserve a 3.
dingdong 11 years ago
  People are allowed to give the rating they want.

Of course you should judge about bakground gameplay design originality etc. "1/5 ITS TOO HARD" is one of the most annoying things a designer can meet.

But still. 3 isnt that low, and if that is matt's opinion let him have it.
Treazer 11 years ago
  I also think that the gameplay isn't very good, but a 3? It's way too low.
MatthijsM 11 years ago
  boring, but nice background looks like you deserve a 3
Treazer 11 years ago
  I have to agree with dingdong, but "worst" sound like "bad". It's not bad, it's just not the best level you've made. Btw, I see your level "UndUndUnd (Und)" seems to be better again, keep works like this up.
dingdong 11 years ago
  This is your worst level up to now (nit that it says much; you make awesome levels)

But theres no gameplay, and even though the design's nice, its way to repetive.

Hope to see more from you.
Sephirya 11 years ago
  Thanks for the feedback!

@SuperMario
I hacked both of them.
SuperMario 11 years ago
  She hacked the 2nd lethal curve.
kiethy342 11 years ago
  I like the design, but I would have liked to see a bit more variation in the game-play. But I guess it's good for an HSF. 4/5
Ferrari12 11 years ago
  I think you should have developed the gameplay a bit more, but I guess I can accept it as it is as well. The design is nice :)

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "Jumping Adventures"

About Level "Jumping Adventures"

First post of the topic

Ferrari12 11 years ago
  I think you should have developed the gameplay a bit more, but I guess I can accept it as it is as well. The design is nice :)
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg